Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. Come join the discussion.

Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. buffering picture quality/product enhancements

while watching live tv the picture will freeze while the audio continues to play. after 10-20 seconds it will buffer and reset the picture.
    also when starting the live tv channel it always displays the picture is poor resolution quality until it can load it properly and then it displays correctly.
    also just before a commercial break during live tv the screen will freeze before switching to the commercial
    sometimes the picture will freeze and buffer and then jump back and replay a part of the program you just watched.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  First Time Login  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Location Required to change by detected IP Address 4 of 4

Backstory: My wife and I are currently separated, but we are still married and working toward reconciliation.

I have an xbox one where I am staying currently and one at my home about 30 minutes away. When I logged into the beta app on the xbox, it said I had to change my location or logout. It said I could change my location 4 times in a year. That is a problem, since I will be using the xbox at both locations. Since we are using the beta app on multiple Apple TV's and on both xboxes, this will shut…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Time Login  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Error message BYA-400-007....cant see how to fix it in any help!

Error message BYA-400-007....cant see how to fix it in any help!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. i don't get it. have tried and tried. how do i get a refund?

i need a refund - so frustrating. does not interface with apple tv at all. i feel sorry for your chat people - they cannot win. go back to the drawing board.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Time Login  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to skip personalization during first-time setup.

Instead of requiring users to commit to specific types of shows or networks they're interested in during first time set up, allow users to set this up later. Even adding an option for "set this up later" or a message saying " you can always change this later" would take care of the anxiety of cheating in that specific moment when users may not be mentally prepared to select entertainment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Location Requirement on Xbox

Of the devices I tested (android, chromecast, and xbox one) xbox is the only device that requires location to be updated every time I travel and leave home to go 1-3hrs away. This is absurd. If my other devices don't require a location change, then xbox one should require it either. Xbox One is my go-to device. If not fixed, or if I don't hear something back about progress on this matter, I'll happily cancel and go back to Netflix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow watchlist to be added later!

Well, since I bypassed my watchlist setup on the first login, being in a hurry, it appears I cannot add it for the rest of eternity. What kind of customer service is that??? I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No luck, which means that Hulu made sure to make the app experience as inconvenient as possible ... permanently! Please correct so you can add a watchlist at any time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Haven't even watched one show cause it will not work for me. Worst app now.

Haven't even watched one show cause it will not work for me. Worst app now.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello, Will Hulu be offering a free interface device like other competitors are offering with a month or 2 subscription?

Hello, Will Hulu be offering a free interface device like other competitors are offering with a month or 2 subscription? Also, Hallmark Channel, Univision, TV Land would be nice to have as networks...
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Just freezes at first screen since Test app updated. Did the whole Settings/Force Stop/Sync on Fire TV. It still doesn't respond .

Doesn't respond to either Login or Start Your Free Trial. Just sits there, all pastel and frozen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Starting from SCRATCH...???

Okay, for SOME reason, this new UI/Platform requires us EXISTING users to re-enroll via AppleTV/iTunes. But what's infuriating about that is that it now looks at us as NEW USERS...!!! Where are all our shows...? Where are the new episodes of the shows we tend to watch...? Why do we have to now go and MANUALLY re-ad all of that back into our profile...? You mean to tell me there was NO WAY to migrate our user data into this new User Experience...? In 2017...? We have to start from scratch...? That's just foolish. Along with some major UI flaws,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. News channels often don't stream properly

News channels and Chiller often stream very poorly or out of sync. Others seem to work well. It is a good start for Beta, still needs some work

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. help with error 3307

error 3307 hulu has only worked 3-4 times in over and i pay.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Not A Fan of the new app

I utilize the app with Amazon Firestick. The new app drops consistently throughout the program. Its not my connection because this only occurs with HuLu not NetFlix or even in a commercial. Please fix the glitch, its a connection error that occurs on in HuLu with the firestick.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Favorites" setup screen should be called "Add to My Stuff"

When migrating my account to the new experience, there was a screen that said "pick your favorites". I wasn't sure if this meant that I was supposed to select titles that I like to watch to train Hulu on my tastes (similar to the Netflix account setup) or if I was supposed to select shows to add to My Stuff. There was no explanation of what "Favorites" was.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lots of glitches during first time experience...trial not giving me confidence.

Lots of glitches during first time experience...trial not giving me confidence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sports Teams

I was never asked to pick my favorite sports teams and there is no apparent way to pick them later. This should be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disappointed!

I just wanted to say how disappointed I am that I just created a Hulu account, in which they advertised a free one month trial and then was shown a screen saying that I would be charged $0.00 today but slightly over $26.00 for my renewal in a month. I am a long time customer and big fan of Netflix, but I wanted to try one of their competitors to see what they were like. However, I later logged into my bank account to see that I was charged $11.99 from Hulu after they showed me that I would pay…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base