Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. Come join the discussion.

Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List of everything wrong with this new Hulu Update.

Everything wrong with Hulu's update:
    *Browsing is horrible
    *Too much scrolling
    *One scroll per show
    *Navigation is frustrating
    *No reminder of how many un-watched episodes
    *No reminder of new episodes
    *Color bars over the show selection aren't good indicators
    *Trending now category is gone
    *Notification of expiring shows is gone
    *Not user friendly for children or adults

1,149 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

174 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Navigation is confusing

Our family has been watching hulu since it's launch. We are currently beta testing the new system and I love being able to watch live sports games.

The biggest problem is that the navigation is very difficult to use. Last night my teenage son said he finds the new nav so hard to use he just closes the beta and goes back to regular old hulu when he watches.

We use Apple TV
    The problems are:
    1. It is difficult to tell what is selected. When I about to select a program I can just barely tell the difference between…

549 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Navigating Easier

This has got to be the worst update I have ever seen a company make. It is like they wanted to go backwards instead of making it all better.

If you can even find Live TV, you have to scroll through such a wide list where you cant even tell where you are. And you cannot even see what is coming on next unless you go to watch the channel. It is like working backwards.

If you are trying to use the normal service, good luck because that is even more confusing.

The only thing I like about this update…

342 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The new App Sucks

The new app is useless – completely useless! I am pissed, frustrated, and seriously considering dumping Hulu.

Most significantly; where's the NEW tags? How can I tell if a new episode as been added to a show I watch? As it is now, I'd have to go through each show, watch enough to determine if it's a new episode (or navigate the maze of awkward interface to get to the episode list and squint for the presence of a white line under the thumbnails) before skipping to the next show, then the next, and so forth. It's incredibly frustrating and…

252 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The new UI is overly complex for no good reason.

There was a simplicity and ease with the prior navigation; You launch the app and you can IMMEDIATELY see all of "your" shows that have NEW episodes via convenient "badging". RIGHT THERE! First thing you see. It would even conveniently re-order the shows so that the ones WITH new episodes were left-most in the horizontal scroll.

Now, you've allowed "design" to overpower User Experience and there is a TOP level of navigational icons, a second level of TEXT navigation, and a third level of MUCH LARGER, stylized text navigation... and none of it seems to be organized in a way…

203 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MAKE XBOX ONE APP MORE USER FRIENDLY, it's horrible layout

What episode am I on? What's next? Often will stop during playback, then I have to fast forward to my spot??! Horrible organization. "What to continue where you were?" Then restarted the episode?" bunch of horrible "bugs" like that.

182 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not a fan of latest Apple TV app UI

Latest Apple TV app is a UI nightmare. Seriously.

- Natural gestures, please re-enable this. Swiping on the Apple TV remote now just goes way too far or doesn't move at all. It's like you get 'stuck' on each tile with glue or something, then if you push too hard you spring loose and shoots across the screen like a rocket.
    - Allow 'My Stuff' to be the home page. I don't appreciate the new home page with gigantic font and massive tiles taking up the whole screen. Plus, if you actually click any of the shows on the homepage,…

163 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New update user experience.

The new user experience is not exactly awesome. It takes a decent amount of effort to find what I'm looking for and sometimes I can't even do that. I'm not a fan of the rainbow back-rounds either. I prefer a dark back-round that's easy on the eyes while navigating.

Updates a part of technology and I get that things change. Can we please just have the option to change back to the previous user experience or modify the display to our liking?

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. expiring

Bring back "Expiring" list, and separate expiring shows.

Not sure why the "Expiring" list suddenly disappeared on my Watchlist page. Having a list on deadline keeps me motivated to watch stuff that's expiring instead of going elsewhere.

Also, when you list an expiring show, can you list shows with multiple expiring episodes differently. Recently I had "The Shield" in my expiring list, and since I hadn't seen any of it yet, I had to scroll through 7 seasons of expiring episodes before I could see what else was expiring.

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Revert revert revert. This isn't something you can iterate on. It's shockingly bad

I don't know where to begin. This update makes your service unusable. Finding content is impossible. There's no speed to browsing now. Content is thrust upon you. So, so, bad. This is no threat, I'm just cancelling. I can't believe the lack of awareness around this. Awful.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back the old app!

Please don't underestimate how much people LOATHE this app. It is nearly impossible to navigate. Over-lining doesn't make sense. Scrolling/reading through title names makes it difficult to find anything, especially when that scrolling is choppy with screen-sized background photos flashing as you scroll. This flashing gives me an actual headache every time I try to use Hulu. Once you land on a title, the description is so small and white against a photo background you can barely read it. There is no easy way to see when shows you're watching release new episodes, unless you consider reading the fine print…

86 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back tiles. Less butting pushes

Tiles were always "hulu". Now they are hidden and requires way more button pushes to do what you could do in a third less button pushes. Bring back the tiles. Bring back categories of tiles (new episodes, trending etc.) Let US see more that 3 tiles at a time!!!!!!!! And make it the first thing we see. Not this ridiculous FONT size depicting one thing. ONE! It's like this updates were only tested for 80 year olds. My god.

74 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tile Sizes TOOOOO Large making navigation tedious

By increasing the tile sizes you can now only view 2 tiles at a time on our watchlists. Navigating through our lists takes so much more time to find the show we want to watch and is extremely frustrating. What was the reasoning behind the decision to enlarge them? Was it to be able to read the title of our shows to be able to choose the right one?!! Most of us know our watchlists very well and can easily choose the program based on a very small tile. By showing multiple tiles at a time (the old way) we…

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Watchlist items re-ordering

I would like to be able to re-order my watchlist items. There should be a list oriented page where I can drag and drop my watchlist items to re-order them.

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Indicate if a show is finished or still airing

I think it would be really useful to have some data on whether a show is still airing (mid season or between seasons) or if a show is complete and can be binged from start to finish. It would be great to be able to search for shows that can be binge watched, especially if you can see whether or not Hulu is streaming every season

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Love Hulu but this new UI is a HORRIBLE user experience. What were you thinking?

Hulu....love(d) the service and have been a subscriber since the beginning, watch frequently on my xbox / Roku / computer, yada yada. That being said, my wife and I are seriously thinking about cancelling your service at the moment after this new UI update. It's THAT bad. Whoever designed this clearly thought solely about aesthetics and not functionality.

Did anyone actually test this with a human? Was it tested in any way? It's one of the most beautiful but completely unusable interfaces I've EVER seen. We don't even want to use Hulu any more.

A few of the most glaring…

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browsing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Loathe the new setup

The previous set up was so much easier to navigate, to quickly scroll through all the new shows and see my lineup. Now I have shows I never wanted in the default line up and can't find shows I have been watching for years. Flipping through one show at a time on the screen is beyond tedious and annoying that I keep closing the app and go on my laptop to actually have an enjoyable experience. Its so bad that I want to uninstall the app on my phone and just watch netflix on there instead. Also it seems so…

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Episode Description

Where is a description list for each episode? I get grumpy going through each episodes large thumbnail image and the description below. Really slow progress looking for an image and text of episodes for the series this way.. Something like the other services offer for looking at a series.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give us back the old AppleTV app

Anyway to put the old version of the app back on the app store? I'd much rather use it than the terrible UI that's in the new one.

I know y'all put a lot of work into this, but I can't believe you tested it with actual users. I complained to Netflix that their app was terrible and they needed to look at your (old) app for inspiration. You've successfully made their app look better.

Not sure how you fix it except to simply put it back the way it was. Please and thank you.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base