Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. Come join the discussion.

Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark as Watched

I would like the ability to mark individual episodes of a TV show as watched. Right now, if I watch an episode on TV, that episode forever shows up in my watchlist as unwatched. For example, I watched the mid-season finale of Empire on TV when it aired, and for two months, while the show was on a break, Hulu continued to tell me to watch that episode. It will only stop prompting me if I watch the episode, or watch a later episode. It's very annoying! Please make the watchlist smarter, and allow us to tag episodes as watched,…

386 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The New UI is absolutely horrible.

I am not a fan of Auto Play, so not happy I cannot turn it of. I absolutely hate the way the new version interacts, and have to click "back" WAY too many times to try and find what I was looking for.

Ever hear the saying "If it's not broke, don't fix it"? Well this totally applies here!

It was nice to see what shows were new, and how could I tell, because it showed me in the top right corner, and even how many episodes were new. Now I have to click, and click, and click to finally…

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I will go back to Netflix and cancel hulu

Only one video at a time? Really? We JUST switched to Hulu a few days ago. We could stream in multiple devices until yesterday. I suggest you fix this or we will be going back to Netflix!!!! I have a teen and an 8-year old. Teen is a girl, the other a boy. They do NOT agree on shows to watch!

149 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bad New Hulu

You have completely betrayed me with the limited release of the live service. I have been A LOYAL subscriber since you stated Hulu. Even before you were streaming to devices. And now, when you finally offer the service I've BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY to receive, you only offer it in select devices. Clearly this is a scam you are doing with the limited devices so that those companies can sell more devices. 

You have completely betrayed me and I will NEVER forgive you for this Screwlu. I am, as of today going to look for a satisfactory service to replace you.…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLEASE fix the AutoPlay disaster

I'm fine with Autoplay moving along to the next unplayed video of the show I'm watching, that's not a problem. But having to pay attention at the end of every episode to try and avoid being forced to watch a totally random show I've never asked to watch is a pretty terrible user experience.

And, on top of that...the new UI on the AppleTV app is even worse than the old interface...which was a nightmare.

Please, fix these two things. It's making me less likely to watch anything on Hulu because I get so frustrated. At some point, it's just…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

It's time. I strongly urge Hulu to roll out 5.1 (Dolby EX, at this point) surround sound support across all content where available (i.e., practically every TV program and film in the past decade+). If not please be fully transparent on why this cannot happen.

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please stop randomly adding shows to my Watchlist!

It is so frustrating, if I fall asleep while watching one of my favorite shows, to wake up the next morning to 4 or 5 random shows being added to my Watchlist that I have absolutely no interest in watching, simply because they were randomly chosen with the autoplay feature! I've probably removed Black-ish from my Watchlist at LEAST 30 times now! Unless we actually select the option to "Add to Watchlist" a show should NEVER be forced upon us by having it added to our list by you! We're all adults (or should be) and capable of selecting our…

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rewatching shows-start at the beginning of episode

I love rewatching my favorite shows. What I don't love is that when I go to watch a show over, the episode starts at the very end of the show (with only 1-2 minutes of the show left). Even if I have watched the episode all the way completely though, it still starts them at the end. I have to go through each episode and LB to get it back to the beginning so that I know when I rewatch the series each episode will start at the beginning. Shouldn't an episode that has been watched fully, be able to…

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skipping over dubbed or subbed episodes of anime

When watching animeyou have to choose dubbed or subbed. Before this new update choosing one would skip over the episodes of the other I.E. choosing a dubbed episode skipped over all subbed episodes. Now with this update it no longer skips the episodes. You have to manually exit out of a show and find the next episode you need to watch instead of it automatically going to it. This would be fine if hulu did dubbed and subbed like netflix did, instead of having an episode of subbed and episode of dubbed netflix gives the choice of what language to…

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for videos to be skipped when credits are about to come up

Similar to Netflix and Amazon video, Hulu should allow you skip to the next episode near the end of the one you are watching. It can be tedious to watch more than one episode on Hulu when you have to exit out of each video near end and select next or wait through the credits.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "My Episodes"

What is the purpose "My Episodes "?

List latest to oldest to upcoming. Not upcoming first. By listing upcoming first I have to sometimes scroll through 30+ episodes till I can get to todays episode

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new app

I unsubscribed because of the new app. It is horrible and takes to long trying to find the shows I was watching. All customer service said was the new app is smarter start watching stuff it will remember.

Well shows on my list did not show a new if there was a new episode I had to start watching to see if I seen it or not. If I were you guys I would unsubscribe its the only way to show them how bad the app is. Make them lose customers and money and they listen other then that they…

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DVR

When selecting a DVR recording to watch, if the recorded show is still in progress, you will be taken live and then forced to rewind to the beginning. While this might not be a major issue with regular shows, for obvious reason, this will cause problems when jumping into a recorded sports game mid-way through. I just witness this issue first hand when I starting watching a recorded NBA game that was already in the 3rd quarter. Nobody wants to see the scores too early!

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Added or Extended DVR Time for Sports

I recorded an NHL playoff game and the DVR cut the game off at the scheduled time end time, however the game was not over yet and it lasted longer then the scheduled end time. There should be an option to extend the recording time for an event when you set-up the recording for situations like this.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. DVR

Use terms like "record this show", " record this series", then have the option to add 15, 30, 60 minute extended time to the recordings so you don't lose any programming in case the show is extended.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want the Watch History back please

I Use the Watch History all the time. My husband and I are on different schedules and can't always watch the shows together so I would check the watch history to see what I needed to catch up on so when we could watch the same show together we were on the same episode.

On another note, I am not happy at all with the new version - since I must have singed up for Beta testing I'm assuming that's why I have it.

It is so not user friendly, takes forever to find what you want to watch, even…

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the New outlook on hulu is horrible and impossible to use

the New outlook on hulu is horrible and impossible to use

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove Items from Watch List OPTION: Manually or automatically.

"Likewise, the easiest way to remove something is to finish watching it."
    For us, this is not a desirable feature. An item should be removed when we remove it, not once we have completed watching it. Please give us this option!

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Flip the episode scroll bar. Newest first.

Please make the episode side-scroll bar NEWEST FIRST. So one doesn't have to scroll past (potentially) 22 other episodes to get to what's on deck - the most recent episode should show first. Or at least add it to the options on how I view in the drop down. It shows 'Most Recent' but it doesn't deliver most recent - (maybe the most recent season, but not granularly down to the most recent episode. Thanks!

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. hulu beta + commercial free

I currently pay for commercial free hulu. as of now, if I want to watch a show that is offered commercial free to me in the normal hulu app, it has commercials in it when watching in the hulu tv app.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base