Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. Come join the discussion.

Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New/TERRIBLE User Interface - BRING BACK QUEUE

The new UI is TERRIBLE. From a look and feel, it's pretty. Good job there. However, the interface clearly shows how HULU has completely lost touch with how watchers consume content.

Hulu - if you're listening -- QUEUE WORKED. It allowed us to select the shows we wanted to watch and have precise control over the episodes we'd seen and not seen. All in one simple to use place.

WATCH LIST screwed everything up. By nesting shows into Watch List > Show > Season > Episode, you forced users to have to dig to find new episodes, and made the…

1,635 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

374 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show me a list of my unwatched / new episodes of content

The old Hulu experience used to show me a list of TV shows that had new episodes I hadn't watched yet on the Home screen as well as in the Watch List screen by adding a badge to the TV show title with the number of unwatched episodes. I loved this!

Now in the new interface, there's no way to see what content I have left to watch or what's new.

749 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. rollback now!

Putting out a new app to push the corporate strategy at the cost of the customers wishes is s great way to loose business.

I suggest listening to your customers and roll back to the previous app untill you actually ask some "customers" what they need and act on it!

589 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I Hate the new layout

The new layout is horrible! It's almost impossible to navigate on XBOX One. I'm really considering deleting my account now. I found the daily show somewhere else and there are only 1 or 2 shows that I watch on Hulu now. If those go away, so will my Hulu account. The new layout doesn't let me see all the episodes zoomed out like before and I have to search show by show. I cannot tell if there is a new episode or not! Also, with the new layout, when I click on a show it just starts playing instead of…

442 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Boycott the new HULU

Oh my God change it back please!!!! This is the worst "upgrade" EVER!! I hate everything about it! I'm forced to scroll one at a time instead of the nice overview of selections there were before, there's way too many selection places at the top between the regular bar of options and then the secondary bar above that - terrible! Less is more people! Not at all user friendly. It doesn't notify me of new episodes anymore and it's hard to read under the foggy titles. I get you were trying to make it prettier, but pretty isn't what we…

429 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The new (3 May 2107) AppleTV Hulu app user interface is a poorly designed mess.

I find the "Lineup" list annoying and full of programs I don't want to watch. When I start the application I would much rather see a list of NEW episodes from My List, then unplayed episodes from My List. One browsable category should be Recommended For You and do away with Lineup.
    I work for a company that develops user interfaces for cable and satellite set top boxes and I used the original Apple OSX Hulu desktop app (2009) as an example of how to display Video on Demand effectively. I certainly would not use this new interface as an…

423 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New app is horrible

The new app is an absolutely horrible experience. Poorly organized and confusing. Should have to scroll through numerous screens to select a show. The autoplay is much too fast. No pause at all when one show ends. Next show plays immediately without even giving the user a chance to decide if they want to watch the next show. There apparently is no way to get to settings to turn this feature off. It is a very bad experience to take control away from the user. I don't know what Hulu was thinking with this unnecessary redesign. It's so bad I…

382 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Re-Think Layout

OK, let's start from the beginning...

The principle users of the Hulu App on Apple TV in my house are children. Young children. The beauty of the Hulu App was that it was ridiculously simple for my kids to navigate and see, especially with the easy (and immediate) presentation of the shows they recently watched front and center. The graphics were large and easily understood.

The new UI is, literally, the opposite of this. The large splash graphic, text based show lineup, counter-intuitive scrolling, and (by comparison) absolutely tiny area navigation (home, my shows, etc).

It is, to be absolutely…

311 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hulu - From GOOD to CONFUSING to USELESS

GOOD - A few years ago Hulu offered the QUE - an easy user friendly way to organize and watch the shows you saved.
    CONFUSING - Then came the WATCHLIST - which randomly dropped shows you saved and replaced them with shows Hulu thought you should watch based on your viewing history. Guess Hulu thought viewers not smart enough to make own choices.
    USELESS - Now we get MYSTUFF which replaces the watchlist and at the same time does not remember which episodes of any shows we have watched. And at the same time can't determine which episodes are new.…

305 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. App update KILLED the user experience and made the app DUMB

This app update is horrible. This update clearly didn't come from anyone who uses the app.

If you are not using your own product, you don't know how it's changes are going to affect your users. You should have at least beta tested it with users who knew what they were getting into and LISTENED to their ideas and complaints before releasing it.

I'm sure I'll miss a few things, but I'm covering more than most people:

1) This app says BETA. I didn't sign up for any beta. What's up with that??
    2) The now playing bar is frequently…

252 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Guide

Searching thru live tv the way it's set up now is not very intuitive. A guide to see what's on and what's coming up later would be better suited for the live tv section.

180 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. GO BACK TO OLD INTERFACE

The new interface on Apple TV is making it unusable. Graphical interfaces are the norm there was nothing wrong with the old interface, graphically at least. Now I'm bumbling around and can't figure out where the $#&*(& stuff is and I tire of scrolling through TEXT to look for it!

And leaving AUTOPLAY always on is a terrible idea.

174 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Native support for Live TV on Android TV devices

For the Live TV service to be a compelling solution for my family (aka, high Spouse Acceptance Factor) it needs to have native app support on our nvidia Shield TV. Having to use a separate phone or tablet to cast to the TV is a non-starter for our household.

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New Menu is Slow and Laggy - Who is Hulu now?

So you updated my AppleTV last night with your new app. Up until now, our Hulu experience had been acceptable from a user standpoint, on par with any other streaming service as far as menu acclimation was concerned.

We've never had an issue with the performance of our stream, with up to 5 AppleTV's streaming from some service or another, or from our home 6tb NAS.

As of the first impression, at Noon, 3 May 2017, the remote interface with the new menu is unusable. As much as a 2 second lag between selections on the screen, menu to menu,…

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get rid of new app

I hope whoever sat in a meeting and approved this new app finds a pink slip in the mail very soon. Hulu managed to make an app that removed every feature that people want in a TV streaming app and remove all of them simultaneously. No longer can you tell which shows have new episodes and which shows don't. No longer can you easily scroll through thumbnails of shows to find the one you want to see quickly. Now you must scroll through oversized, difficult to read text. Once you have found the name of the show (assuming you know…

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WORST User Interface EVER

The new interface is the worst I have ever experienced. It is simply unusable. Whoever greenlighted this change was either drunk or secretly working for your competitors.

White letters on a constantly changing background is insane. I have no vision problems and I find it almost impossible to read the letters on the screen, esp I there is any glare at all on the screen. Anyone with low vision issues would find this a true barrier to use. The constantly changing background colors give me a headache if I (TRY TO) use this app for very long.

It is MUCH…

100 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please stop supporting the Hannity Show as a primary advertiser.

Please stop spending money to support the Hannity show with your advertisements. He is spreading lies about a family that has just suffered a suicide. Fox News has apologized for the story, but Hannity continues. I can't support Hulu if they support hurting a family like this.

95 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MOST BETAS ARE OPT IN/OUT. WE ARE GUINEA PIGS. New layout is horrible. Hulu is unusable

This new layout is terrible. MOST BETAS ARE OPT IN/OUT. WE ARE GUINEA PIGS WITHOUT COMPENSATION. Feels like we are being "corralled" into what to watch. Can't tell what's new. Can barely see what episode is loading next on my 50in. I'm also having streaming issues on my xbox one. Netflix, Amazon, HBO, and all my other apps are able to stream uninterrupted HD content. This new Hulu stops every 10 seconds. Watching a show on Hulu is now extremely unenjoyable and finding what I want to watch (or what shows have new episodes) is cumbersome. Some of the Xbox…

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. new e

with the new layout it dosnt show the new episodes like before PLEASE that back i find frustrating to search through to see whats new and i dont like you cant see what your fast forwarding past any more

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do whatever you want with the UI just give us back our favorites!

In the last update we lost favorites. In this newest update we lost the terrible replacement for favorites, watch list. It's simple we don't care what you do with the look. Just allow us to pop on click a tab and see any new episodes of the choices WE make. Give us back our DVR like tab. When we want to browse we will browse, don't force it.

I for one am a long time subscriber, but I won't be for much longer. Not a threat just a fact. I don't have time playing around searching when it's an easy…

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base