Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. Come join the discussion.

Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the interface back to how it was

This interface is the WORST. We primarily watch on PS4. Whoever designed it didn't know a thing about UI/UX. You went and broke something that didn't need fixing. If it isn't fixed or rolled back, we will have to cancel. TV interface is supposed to be visual. Whoever designed this completely disregarded that and stuffed it full of only text. Navigation is incredibly difficult, and finding items we usually watch is laborious and tedious. It is horrible. Also, the ONLY "design" or visual that is does possess looks like a cheap wedding video template. Bad move Hulu. You've completely gone…

855 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

110 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New layout terrible.

Change it back.

666 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HATE the new update!!

As MANY others have stated, this new update has made the interface too difficult to navigate for something as simple as watching tv shows. Aside from an ugly color scheme, having to scroll through too large text, text, more text, and finally, text, nothing is eye-catching, I don't even know where to begin finding the shows I actually WANT to watch, not to mention the fact that shows I have manually deleted from my watch list keep magically showing up on my continue watching AND my featured shows or whatever you're calling it. If I WANTED to watch them, I…

782 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 719 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Whoever designed and signed off on this new interface needs to be fired

Who's idea was it to waste tons of Hulu's money on this atrocious interface. I cancelled my Amazon sub for the same reason, terrible interface.

I guess Netflix it is. At least when they upgraded their interface is was user friendly and still looked good.

This new one nearly gives me a seizure when I switch from content to content with all the flashing lights/colors since they decided to give each "show" its own background.

The interface is confusing and does not give ease of access to shows. It actually discourages me from looking at new content due to the…

685 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why is Hulu not listening to its customers?!

How has this failure of an "update" not been rolled back?! I was starting to think I was the only one but according to these boards... I'm clearly not in the minority. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find my shows, to know which episodes are new and to navigate at all. (Seriously why does it fade out everything when you browse? Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea?!) I want my watch list back. I want text that I can actually read, and I want simplicity!! Soooo..... everything that was the old app! PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR…

606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Go back to the old site

Where the hell is my watchlist? Is there a way to get the old site back. It was 100% better and easier to navigate through then this shit.

545 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Roku interface

The new interface on Roku is horrible, much like the way Windows 8 was. Please either change it back to the way it was or create a similar interface that works with the new updates.

481 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change it back

I absolutely despise the new format. Its impossible to browse through selections, and it almost makes me want to cancel my account.

628 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get your act together Hulu

Hulu, your new UI is terrible. It is the biggest pain to go back episodes and only lets me go forward one. Also the menu text looks like you forgot people have 720p or 1080p televisions. You guys clearly have this image of how you want customers to consume your media but no idea about how those customers actually consume it. I forgive a lot with you guys from incorrect ratio detection on embedded TV apps to lingering device license checkout and even poor subtitles. By the way your support is worthless on taking my suggestions on those things. Soon…

556 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New update bad, bring back the old version

Go bad to old version. I watch on the ps4 and stoped this "update" as much as I could but it still installed itself. New version is just horrible, recommended shows not even close to what I watch or want to watch. Controls are VERY sensitive, hold the button too long and you fly past what you want on the vertical(terrible) watch list. So far as I have seen 99% of reviews for the new version are for the lynching of all the ppl at hulu who thought this was a good idea. For the price paid, with or without…

523 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Welcome to the New Hulu, where everything looks like crap and the users don't matter!

Who designed this gasoline spill? You have to scroll through every single item in order to get anywhere! It doesn't utilize game system services AT ALL. By making the lists vertical, scrolling has become cumbersome and fruitless.
    In addition, you have to go through every single item in your watchlist just to figure out what's new and what isn't!

The look is also painfully bright. Looking at it in a less-than well-lit room is literally painful. I don't know how, of all the options that were surely presented to you, THIS grating garish garbage is what you ended up with.…

503 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Go back to the old version!

Dear Hulu
    You are completely pathetic! You have all these negative reviews and you have yet to do anything!!!! We don't want this garbage! We won't get over it we will just simply stop paying for it. Sure the new color on my app icon looks cool but that is where your cool factor stops!
    You took away so much! You added nothing good! As well you are only making it worse for your customers by leaving it the way it is! Take this train wreck back give us the old version and actually improve what was working not destroy…

484 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Revert to Old Style

This new update is not user friendly whatsoever on any platform. I suggest reverting back to the old style or creating a style more similar to the old style. I will be cancelling if this isn't resolved because this format is practically unusable.

447 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Interface is HORRIBLE!

Where the 1) multiple program views per screen, 2) the cool green neon, 3) smooth scrolling, 4) thumbnail art, 5) quick app loading, 6) minimal scrolling and 7) clean black background?! Aren't updates suppose to improve the overall customer experience. Please Hulu, change it back!

384 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hate it

I hate the new layout. It's too many pages within pages.. I just want to log on and have all the options there. Like it used to be. This sucks and makes me not want to log in and watch Hulu.

409 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Hulu Interface RUINED My Experience

The new interface for Roku launched today and it WILL cause me to cancel my Hulu subscription forever. Once again, some idiot with a terrible idea and power decided to force their ineptitude on thousands of lives. I will not pay Hulu and then subject myself to learning software designed by someone who obviously knows NOTHING about UI. My watchlist is gone. I can't see anything on the menu except shows I hate. To top this off the new interface crashed twice in 5 minutes. You're going the same way Netflix did by ruining a good working piece of software…

357 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 304 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Discontinuing service

I'm guessing that no one that works at HULU ever reads these posts because if they did they would seen the major backlash from this new app. I gave you time HULU, I really did. If you search my posts I said I would leave you in June if things were not fixed. I even gave you a fair shake by only using my XBOX app for a month. But I still hated it.
    So I still stayed because that flashy POS app was only on my XBOX, and could watch easily on my PS4 and smart TV. But now…

279 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. interface

The new 9/20/2017 Roku interface is HORRIBLE! I have to go through 3 menus to get to same content that was on the origianl home page and it takes longer for each to load. The choices are supersized, so you have to scroll more to find something, no longer just easy "at a glance " menu. No value was added with this update. It is slower, more "keystrokes", harder to use, and glitchy on top of that. This user's experience is bad enough that we will probably cancel. Too bad, of the big 3 - Hulu, Netflix, & Amazon, Hulu…

178 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overall Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base