Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Watchlist History!

I agree with everyone else on here, the watchlist history needs to come back. Both netflix and amazon have watchlist histories, you need to bring back the ORIGINAL watchlist history, the one from the web browser not the stupid continue watching on the phone app.

395 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

84 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Screens without Live subscription

Would love to have an ad-on that is a reasonable price to watch from multiple devices at the same time without having to subscribe to Live TV. At that point you might as well go to a cable/satellite provider because it will be the same cost. I love Hulu, but if I want to watch something I can't let me kid sit down and watch cartoons because only one of us can do so at a time and that's a pain. Not to mention making some of these things cost more is a little upsetting, because I will end up…

2,052 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  661 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow members to see who is using their account. So we know if we have been hacked! I can see it on my Netflix account account & I love it

Let subscribers view who is streaming on their account. So we can have some control over our subscripion. On Netflix you can under your account and I discovered many, many unauthorized people were using my account! Without this capability I would never had known. No wonder why I was having problems, took care of it and no no problems!

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Hulu with Live TV use at multiple locations

Why can I only use Hulu with Live TV at my home location? Am I not a paying customer? I am a new(ish) subscriber and went to my second/vacation home last weekend and settled in to watch some TV. I tried to log into Hulu and it asked me if I moved and if I wanted to change my location? WHY???? Is it so I won't share my password with all my friends? While understandable, do you know what prevents me from sharing my password??? Your 2 stream limit already in place! Here is a bit of news for you...if…

714 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  240 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow disabling of live tv on non "home" devices

Allow the streaming of normal hulu content on devices outside of your home location. Just disable the live feature for that device and login session rather than prevent me from streaming anything.

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dont ask "Who's Watching" if only one profile set up

Every time I log in online or on my Fire TV, Hulu asks "Who is watching" But I only have one profile set up. If there is only one profile set up, it should automatically log that profile. If someone wants to add a second or more profiles they should have to go into account settings and set one up. Then you can prompt users "Who is watching" after more than one profile is established.

There should not be an extra step of selecting a profile when only one profile is set up.

767 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  157 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to assign profiles available to specific devices

Certain devices with Hulu access devices should only be able to have access to certain profiles (kids, guests, living room, etc.) and not be able to interact with profiles they shouldn't have access to like the main account holder's. This should be able to be accessed from a "connected devices" tab under manage account/settings. This would be particularly helpful for devices (such as Samsung Blu-ray player) that doesn't even allow you to change profiles (it uses the main account profile by default). With a device control option I could better control access. Who's watching what where and under what profile.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sales

Yes, you need to inform customers if you are changing the amount you charge! Finally found out from a rep it's sales tax. Should have received an email from Hulu saying the price would change. (I know it's not your rates that changed, but I still need to know the amount you're taking out of my bank account will!)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Sprint and Hulu relationship is nice... Unless you want to add-on premium channels.

I find it quite unreasonable that although Sprint customers can receive Hulu as part of their mobile plans, we cannot choose to upgrade the service to include Premium Channels such as ********. I have been a Hulu subscriber for a while now, subscribing to a Premium Channel. But if I choose to go through Sprint (which is reasonable considering it would be at no cost to me for a limited commercial plan), I cannot add-on premium subscriptions. That just turns me off from keeping Hulu all together. It seems ridiculous especially because Hulu misses the opportunity to make some extra…

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  29 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spotify + Hulu with no commercials

I think that since Spotify + Hulu bundled service is limited commercials, they should add an option for a few dollars more to have Hulu with no commercials as I would certaintly pay a few dollars more to pay for no commercials as it is annoying to have them in the middle of the show.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow me to change a profile to and from kids

As a hulu user, I want to change a profile to and from kids without having to delete the account (Netflix allows this)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow me to change the auto play setting on a kids account myself without calling support

As a parent, I want to change the auto play settings on my kids account without having to call support to do it for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. kid profile add-ons

my son is 10 and he has a "kid" profile, but there are shows he enjoys watching (Full House, Family Matters, etc) that are not listed under a kid's profile. It would be great to have a way to "add-on" shows to my son's profile with some kind of parental "okay" feature. I want him to have access to more than just "kids" stuff but not have access to EVERYTHING as there are many adult shows that we don't want him seeing

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Watchlist viewing on Roku

We should be able to view our entire watchlist (which was created on a computer) on the Roku system without setting them up again under "My Stuff".

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need info on how long password can be on account creation screen.

Need to know what can be used, how long they can be. This needs to be on the account creation screen. I had trouble with a 21 character password that was mix of alpha/numbers/symbols..

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add users with their own login

It would be great to have a family group feature that would support multiple logins. This is how YouTube TV works. It is more secure because you’re not sharing single credentials between users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please change the 'need location' on website when NOT trying to watch video.

I wasn't able to access my billing information in my account without adding my location ! Why do you need to know my location when I'm trying to look at my bill. I get it if I was wanting to watch live tv why you would need my location but I wasn't able to even look or change my billing information because the website locked me down as soon as I logged in. I couldn't even get to this page because it was locked down requesting my location !! I had to cancel my account and then restart it to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Profile Order

Allow users to rearrange the profile order. I started with my main profile and "guest". I then added another profile and "guest" is in the middle, it would be nice if I could push it to the end without deleting and recreating it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base