Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apple TV and Fire Stick should be able to travel

I travel a lot for work, and have always traveled with an Apple TV. I now can use all of my streaming services... except Hulu. Worse I'm constantly having issues across all of my devices because it keeps saying that I've logged into to many devices... but it's not. My iPad is listed 6 times. Customer service is saying it's because each time my iPad logs into a new wifi it showing as a new device. I understand that you're wanting to discourage login sharing... but don't do it at the cost of the primary reason people use Hulu... the…

291 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  95 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Profiles

I am the only user on my account. It's annoying to have to click my name everytime I go to Hulu on my Roku 3 app. It's bad enough you have us clickng 10x to get to a show with this new design so please have my account go straight to the main page and save me a damn click. Thanks.

410 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  84 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix your customer service. Add an email feature, call back number for phone support, wait times to chat

Phone support is currently 1 hour wait with no call back option (leave your number and it calls you back). Chat support is indefinitely long. Add a call back option to phone support. Add a queue information to chat support (or wait time). Add add an email support option

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UNLIMITED SCREENS!!! Hulu must make this possible

I can not believe that HULU does not habe the option to add UNLIMITED SCREENS without having to get the live TV option! We LOVE LOVE LOVE HULU, but having only ONE TV able to watch at a time with a family of 5 is ridiculous! HULU needs to get on the page with Netflix and give viewers the option of how many TVs can watch at a time! Families all have different shows and leave off at different places. I think HULU would double business having this option. I only pay $11.99 a month for NETFLIX and have FOUR…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Streaming on multiple devices

It is ridiculous that there is no option to add more devices to stream on. I pay for this service and I should be allowed to stream on multiple devices. I am not going to pay the $15 for unlimited when I don’t even need that many devices. Add a more affordable option to add a few more screens.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple screens for all!

To improve mine and others viewing experience please make the unlimited screens add on available without the subscription to hulu live. I am willing to pay $14.99 a month so that everyone in my home can enjoy this streaming service. $54.98/mo is way to much to ask of us, and its honestly very unreasonable.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Only one screen streaming at a time = ridiculous money grab to force live tv option

I thunk Hulu has overlayed its hand. I can't believe we're limited to one stream at a time. Any comparable streaming service at similar price points allows at least two. It seems like a bad value to pay for being limited to one stream for a service that essentially consists of the network shows I could've DVR'd from last night and 90's reruns. Yes, there are a few good originals, but not equivalent to the other streamers. Do right by your customers and allow multiple streams, even if it's only two or three. Disappointing.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Vizio and Primary Account

On the Vizio Smart TV, there is a wide range of options for television, however, Hulu is lacking. On our other televisions, we have no trouble, and we are well withing the 5 devices limit, however the Hulu app on Vizio can improve. I suggest the same version or similar as the Roku TV. It wroks well in our 6 person family and we wish Vizio was just as easy. Specifically the profile setting is... annoying. If this is not a possibility for whatever reason, is it possible to change the primary account/ profile? This update is greatly needed!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Viewing on Multiple Screens

Netflix allows multiple screens, yet hulu only allows one for a higher price and with commercials, doesn't seem too fair things need to change

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Device notification

Please implement a new device / IP address notification when a new device is added to an account asking if it is you or not. Today I was notified by a random email address that my account had been hacked and told how to find my information from entering a few words on google. I log into my account to see 10's of devices, and a viewing history a mile long of shows I have never watched. This all could've been prevented by a system that notifies you when a new IP address connects to your account asking whether or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Everything needs to Sync across platforms

There shouldn't be a Roku version of my account and a computer version of my account, its all one account and should be consistent across platforms. I have no way of knowing if this will only be an issue during beta, as the customer service reps have no idea. But currently my Roku does't have shows in "my stuff" that I added to my watchlist on my computer, and when I'm on the computer it doesn't know what I've watched on the Roku. Its absurd. (And obviously browsing for new content is much more difficult on the Roku / new…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't ask for my gender. Or at least give us the option not to specify.

I don't need a gendered television experience. I don't need Hulu to tell me what ads I want to see as a woman. Furthermore, I DEFINITELY do not need Hulu to decide that I can only be either a man or a woman, or that that will have anything to do with what I want to watch. It's 2017. Just stop.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Account owner profiles should have final say in account settings.

As an account owner I'd like more control than that of other profiles within my account. My roommate needs my login info to access the account on various devices when I'm not around, but I don't like that he can change the password, billing info etc. just based on that one bit of knowledge. The main profile should have the ability to block other accounts from making changes. With a pin code to access the settings of the main account. It should be a feature you could switch on or off for people who don't need it. I think it…

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I cut the cable so I wouln't have to pay the astronomic cable fees for the 5-6 shows I used to watch. Now I can only stream to ONE device???

The beauty of Hulu and Netflix was that they allowed us to cut the cable, now they're telling me I need a separate account for each device I want to stream to simultaneously? At least give me the option to upgrade to be able to use more devices, not a separate account for each one!!!!
    Never thought I would say this, but I'm considering going back to cable. You will loose a LOT OF CUSTOMERS with this new "update".

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better security for adding devices

I was hacked recently. It would have been helpful if there was an option to get a notification by e-mail or via text on my phone so if someone logged into my account via a new device that I would have to authorize it somehow. This could be similar to how a Bluetooth device is paired with a phone. That way it’s easy to know right away if someone is trying to hack your account.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add password protection to profiles.

Kids should not have access to non-kid profiles.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  27 comments  ·  Account & Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Switch Profiles

I have my account set up with 2 different profiles, one for my wife and one for me as I work many nights and we watch many different shows at different times of the day. I currently watch hulu on 3 different TV's, 2 at home and 1 at work. However on all 3 of the TV's it is not possible to switch between the 2 profiles. Since the account is set up as my wife's profile being the main profile when I watch on any of these TV's I have to also watch on her profile. Therefore making my…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spotify Student/Hulu No-Commercial Option

I was so elated that Spotify and Hulu linked up to offer Spotify Student Premium members complimentary Hulu service. I didn't mind the commercials at first and thought I would be okay with it. But when I watch Hulu on my Smart TV, the ads seem relatively short but happen somewhat often, on my mobile device, the ads last over a minute but don't seem to happen quite as often. Frankly, I wish there was an option to pay $5 or so more per month on top of my Spotify Student subscription to eliminate commercials altogether.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want multiple screens without having to pay 50 bucks for live tv. THis is ridiculous.

I should be able to watch Hulu upstairs and my family should be able to watch it downstairs in the living room without having to switch to Hulu live. Make the 14.99 for muloscreens option available without Hulu live.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base