Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reduce the startup volume

The volume is ridiculously loud. Please remove it or at the very least reduce it to about 10% of current levels

212 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Working On It  ·  71 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. simplify log in

when logging in, I would prefer to skip the "who;s watching" page, the "Welcome _____, we;re building(??) your lineup" and the lineup,itself, which I have no connection with, and go directly to the "Home: icon. whatcha think"

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  21 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I disable the "Up Next" **** from shrinking the end of a TV show and showing in the big screen a still of the next show that will str

How do I disable the "Up Next" **** from shrinking the end of a TV show and showing in the big screen a still of the next show that will stream? I do not want that to happen as it prevents me from being able to read the credits. How do I disable that?

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Syncing between devices

Cannot seem to sync what I watch between devices. Watching on one means signing onto another and having to navigate to where I left off on the other device. It would be helpful and less frustrating if hulu were able to keep track where I left off on a movie or series so it didn't require fast forwarding or navigating to find my place again.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Roku users Closed Captioning Control

Closed Captioning on the Roku is impossible to read in many scenes. My settings are white text on black background, yet Hulu uses yellow text on no background.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove the requirement to select a gender on first sign in. This is at best frustrating, at worst offensive.

Remove the requirement to select a gender on first sign up. The fact that this is explicitly for the purpose of tailoring content based on gender identity moves this requirement from annoying to downright offensive. This should ideally be removed, and let people tailor their content through opt in self-selected content preferences based on genres, rather than demographics. At minimum add an 'other' option. If you insist on having this field associated with an account, leave it as an opt-in self input text field. I honestly almost didn't complete my acquisition of an account because of this, and may still…

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  5 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I Hate Hulu's New Look

It is horrible. It is now way too hard to keep track of the shows I watch. The colors are too much. Just too much going on. It's making me seriously consider canceling my subscription. I hate it soo much.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have an app restart option

When the app crashes I have to restart my entire FireStick to get the app working again. If Hulu had its own restart option this may solve the problem. Netflix has this option and it always repairs any problem I am having with that app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Genres used in initial setup should be alterable.

Profile options: I'd like the ability to edit or reset my initial genre picks for example

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow setting of default video quality playback by users.

This used to be a regular basic feature. You can still do this on the phone app and on desktop manually with each video, but on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and other devices with the Hulu app, it is not an option, with "auto" being the default playback quality option. Now the only way to change the default setting for all connected devices is to call Hulu and have a representative do it for you. If you want to tether a device to your phones network but have a set limit of data that can be used per month via tethering…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Introduction sound for the app is way loud over bearing!

The sound when you first turn on the app is redicuously loud. Why set it in this way. Please make it an option to disable or just cut it. PLEASE!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. stop asking who's watching

As others have said, this recent innovation that asks who's watching, in order to personalize the program lineup, etc, is a minor but constant annoyance for people who live alone or are otherwise the sole user of their household's hulu account. At best, it's just an unecessary annoyance but at worst, it's a constant reminder of your terrible social life. I mean, if I had a social life, I wouldn't need to watch terrible TV on Hulu, would I?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Needs a dub and sub switch

On the movie or anime show, have a switch to change the language to English.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Options for ui

Horizontal scrolling thumbnails is what we have been begging for in hundreds of posts on here and on Facebook. It's the number one request. An updated UI based on the look and feel of the old ui.

What will it take before you listen to your customers? You aren't nearly as big as Microsoft but they listened when a majority of their customers expressed hate for their radically redesigned, horrible new UI. Actually, you can use a pc with or witout that horrible UI (Metro). It's time you make that possible for hulu users too. You could give us the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Initial Startup of Hulu is way too loud!

PLEASE stop making the initial startup SO LOUD. I have my tv turned down low because people are sleeping, and your initial sound is loud! Please, please, please change this. It reminds me of the commercials on tv that are much louder than the volume you have on your tv. It is annoying as ****.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expand live TV viewing to those without a home network

Because we live in a rural area without cable internet service we rely on broadband internet through Verizon Jetpack MiFi. Hulu does not support this internet service for live TV. Because of this rural residents using WiFi for Internet are unable to view Hulu channels. Please look to expand your service in the future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Font too small

Font is a bit too small under the thumbnails for reading. Can we make it a bit better/bigger??

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need more comprehensive help

As a new user, not only do I find the UI confusing, but there is no meaningful help or tutorial content on how to navigate the service. There are subtle differences in various menu options but they are not described anywhere. There are no "user scenarios" so that if all I want to do is select a channel (like I did with cable) I can do that. After much frustration I found a way to do it (using browse) but it is counter intuitive and I have to scroll through all of the networks to get to the one that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Needs a dub and sub switch

On the movie or anime show, have a switch to change the language to English.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base