Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Local TV Designation

I am very disappointed that I cannot get my local tv channels through Hulu because of the way your system determines what locals to stream. I am told that I have to have a local ISP address to get my locals, but the Internet service I have (one of a few choices in my small town) does not use local ISP addresses. As a result the only way I can get local TV through Hulu is to spend more money to change servers or pay for a static ISP neither of which an option for us. I plan to cancel…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am fairly recent to HULU. I have 2 houses. One in town and one at the Lake. I need to be able to switch 2 homes

I recently upgraded my modem for higher rate of streaming. HULU said I had changed homes! Is this going to happen next week when I upgrade the router? I want to be able to switch between two houses. This "HOME" restriction is becoming very frustrating. I have been a HULU user for only about 3 weeks. Are you going to restrict me out as a customer? NEED FEEDBACK

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please remove FB and Twitter icons when one pays for an ad free service

I have been informed by your staff that I cannot remove the FB icon, nor the Twitter icon while watching an "ad free" show or movie. I find this distracting and annoying, since I rarely use FB, due to personal reasons, nor do I engage in Twitter. If Hulu is now carrying the same practices as these two companies, it is def. a poor reflection on Hulu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. enhanced billing option presented multiple times

Roku 3500X, App Version 6.5.0, Platform: SetTop

When starting Hulu app, I am presented with a nag screen for Enhanced Billing. I have no interest in this option, and each time I say "Maybe later."

Provide a way to make that screen go away forever. Instead of "Maybe Later" have "I've seen this and I'm totally uninterested, please don't show it again."

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I wish there was a way to view your account information in the app and website.

It very annoying to have to go to the website to look for it only. I use Hulu and Netflix to watch from and I now use Netflix more because the user interface is easier and it shows enough of my account there to view. I can change my subscription and things like that.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No more password entry using horrible on-screen keyboards

When logging into Hulu on Tivo or other TV apps it makes you enter your password using an on-screen keyboard. If your Hulu password is a secure, long password with lots of character variation this process is an absolute nightmare. I've used many other apps (Plex for example) that do this much more sensibly: by showing you a short code on screen and then directing you to a web page you can enter that code on. After you submit the code you are automatically logged in by the app. I don't know the name for this system, but I see…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it simple, no location needed to stream Live video

Linux, Firefox 58. Able to watch shows, unable to watch Live TV (location enabled). I would rather change video provider than jump through the hoops artificially created by HULU

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow longer playback time before shutting off

I like to sleep with the TV on overnight. I wish there was a setting that would allow users the option to keep things playing without the automatic shut off if you haven’t used the remote in awhile.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Syncing between devices

Cannot seem to sync what I watch between devices. Watching on one means signing onto another and having to navigate to where I left off on the other device. It would be helpful and less frustrating if hulu were able to keep track where I left off on a movie or series so it didn't require fast forwarding or navigating to find my place again.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Roku users Closed Captioning Control

Closed Captioning on the Roku is impossible to read in many scenes. My settings are white text on black background, yet Hulu uses yellow text on no background.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Collaboration

Work with rural internet providers (ex. Hughes Net) to allow subscribers to stream content without impacting the data balance through the internet provider.
    Or earn credits to redeem for bonus data through the internet provider.

Something to help us cord cutters who don't have a TV subscription watch and access more.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reduce the startup volume

The volume is ridiculously loud. Please remove it or at the very least reduce it to about 10% of current levels

232 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  78 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Genres used in initial setup should be alterable.

Profile options: I'd like the ability to edit or reset my initial genre picks for example

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Font too small

Font is a bit too small under the thumbnails for reading. Can we make it a bit better/bigger??

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Needs a dub and sub switch

On the movie or anime show, have a switch to change the language to English.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need more comprehensive help

As a new user, not only do I find the UI confusing, but there is no meaningful help or tutorial content on how to navigate the service. There are subtle differences in various menu options but they are not described anywhere. There are no "user scenarios" so that if all I want to do is select a channel (like I did with cable) I can do that. After much frustration I found a way to do it (using browse) but it is counter intuitive and I have to scroll through all of the networks to get to the one that…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base