Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change the layout of Hulu back

My wife and I don't like the new layout. It's overly complicated. It's harder to navigate and scrolling takes forever. It took me a few mins to find a show I already started.

7,710 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  3303 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please change the layout of hulu back

My family and I hate the new layout. It takes forever to find something and it is so hard to navigate around it. Please take it back to the old way.

96 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GRID TV GUIDE

GRID TV GUIDE

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Descriptive text when hovering - clicking "more" should not start the show

When you are hovering over a show it gives a pop up with descriptive text. In there is a link called "more". So you click the link thinking that the descriptive text will expand. It does not. It takes you right to the show and starts watching it. That is NOT a "more" link. That is a "play now" link.

My WATCHLIST is now full of shows that I have zero intention of watching just because I wanted to read "more" of the description.

Please fix this.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give us back an easy way to find the "episodes" link so we can choose instead of just locking me into the next episode.

Old version made it easy to find the "episodes" link so I could view all seasons/all episodes of a show. Now once it launches the next episode, I'm stuck and have no option but to close Hulu and watch netflix.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If you have 7,500 votes to fix something, fix it.

You have 7,500 votes to go back to your old format. And it's under review. Listen to your customers and fix the issue!

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Using gradient tinting on everything

1. When I'm looking for a show to watch I want everything on screen to be clear of tint not just the show I have selected at the time. It makes me feel frustrated and hurts my eyes to have most of the screen obscured with tint.

2. Using light color text over a light gradient fill makes it hard to read.

3. The screen that has the huge text yeah that text is too big it just looks stupid.

337 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  49 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give us options to turn off background images.

I would love the option of turning off the flashy background display because it makes my eyes ache. Flashing is not good for people. It can cause issues with migraine and epilepsy.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get rid of the titles that are no longer available

Tired of selecting a movie after 20mins of searching that terrible guide only to find that what I chose is no longer available. Five times in a row.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please, for the love of all things good and kind, change back to the old user interface.

The new UI is horrid. I cannot find additional episodes of shows I watch and I have an advanced degree. I’m not sure who was asleep or possibly really high on LSD when this user interface was created, but you should find that person and fire them. Or give them some Xanax and a spot for a nap, they need it.
    I am paying for a service that irritates me whenever I use it. Please do not endeavor under the belief that I will continue to do so indefinitely.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. hulu live guide is so hard to navigate

I am not even sure if you can classify it as a guide. I find it so difficult to find what I want to watch. I am still in the trial phase of julu live, but I may need to just go back to playstation vue. I don't exactly like their guide either, but It is still way better than the new hulu interface. (I have had hulu for years, but I don't like the new interface). I did check out your live interface on the PC, and it is way better than on my Fire TV. Is there a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Watchlist retro

Just got a new Samsung 40" 6 series and don't like the new app design at all. I don't like not having new episodes queued up. My Watchlist didn't upload all the way. All kinds of shows not on it from my account. The design on my old device was much more user friendly if you ask me. This new on has no watchlist....no' new episode queue'....no "all caught up" list..I don't like not knowing when a new episode of my show is up. I don't want to scroll through the entire list checking for new episodes. Please bring back…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. cancelled my subscription because of the layout

I've just cancelled my subscription via Roku, because your new layout makes Hulu too much of a pain to be worth paying for.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make easier to find live channels on the TV when searching.

It is very difficult as a new user to navigate and find live programming. Please work on that for the Hulu Live clients that are paying the premium.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I cannot find current episodes of shows

I am finding it impossible to find new eisodes of shows on my TV. I find them on my computer but cannot find them on my TV. any suggestions?

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One Solid Color On New Interface

The new interface needs to be one color and one that contrasts well with the text. My eyes are hurting right now from the constant color-changing as I scroll through the programming. The text is also very small and hard to read. I'm a loyal Hulu customer and I applaud your efforts for building and growing your brand and trying new things. Unfortunately, I think the mark was missed on the interface but look forward to see the changes that are made to better the overall experience!

197 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  22 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. clock on main navigation page

would be helpful to see the current time on the navigation page.
    maybe even the weather next to it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. when you select a movie to view the description while browsing, it takes you back to the top of the list when you go back to browsing. When

When you select a movie to view the description while browsing, it takes you back to the top of the list when you go back to browsing. When you only have one category for all movies, going back to the top could mean you have to scroll through 100+ movies to go back where you were. Can it takes us back to where we were in the list instead?

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Home section items are too large

When using the "Home" section on the Roku interface it is very difficult to make sense of the information being presented. I think the issue boils down to the fact that each subsection can only show titles for 5 items at a time and then when you select to scroll through them you only see one item at a time. It makes it very difficult to browse around because you only have a context of limited items (or a single item). If this could be a list or even a tile interface like my stuff I think it would be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base