Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to remove something from my “Keep Watching” list

Why am I unable to remove a show from my Keep Watching” list? I never wanted to watch “Taxi” but it’s there now via autoplay and I just want it gone. Seems like a very simple request that a lot of others would prefer as well.

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Working On It  ·  12 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to remove content from my profile

I don't mind getting recommendations for New shows or movies but once I decided I don't like something it would be nice to never see it again. Especially on my lineup or keep watching list. I hate seeing the same shows that I don't like popping up in my lists again and again.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  3 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better organization of titles on HBO

The movies have no rhyme or reason to the organization and with the smaller screen that pops up to browse them with, its highly inconvenient.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New episodes

I can’t even find a topic in this discussion by putting in the key words new episodes but here goes. It’s frustrating that Hulu no longer lets me know when my shows have new episodes to watch. Shows on my list, shows that just pop up in my favorites because Hulu knows I search them often and no notifications when new seasons are out or new episodes have been added. If I didn’t go looking i’d Never know when you release new seasons or episodes. It only is it frustrating to me it seems foolish if you want to keep…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please change the layout of Hulu back

My wife and I don't like the new layout. It's overly complicated. It's harder to navigate and scrolling takes forever. It took me a few mins to find a show I already started.

8,668 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3809 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see the live channel lineup viewing format similar to how traditional cable channel scrolling works.. (channel rows with tim

I would like to see the live channel lineup viewing format similar to how traditional cable channel scrolling works.. (channel rows with time slots as the upper horizontal columns. I use the Apple TV to access the Hulu app

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Under the MOVIE Search - No Genres, or Under GENRE Search mixes TV + MOVIES together!

How can this be? Who forgot to add this? When I go to MOVIES>MORE MOVIES (all the way at the bottom - when more movies should be near the top and easier to access) after clicking it brings me to TABS: For You, Popular, Features, New on Hulu, Exclusively on Hulu, Documentaries, and a few more categories, but not a way to search for DRAMA, or COMEDY, or "regular type Genres". This is the most frustrating out of all the new quirks about this new interface. So I can never really see all of the movies in each Genre. Only…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. can hulu please bring back the old version? we have had lots of time to attempt to adjust to their newer model, but it con

Could hulu please bring back the old version? We have had lots of time to attempt to adjust to their newer model, but it continues to underwhelm. The Watchlist is so inferior from the previous queue function, and some shows just won't delete, even after following the instructions given on their site with synching the feeds. Queue was simple, listed only those programs that were unwatched, and the overall look of the site was cleaner and more intuitive. Please bring back the older version or at least offer both, allowing the user the option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expand Keep Watching

The keep watching list is quite short so I need to go to Watch History which contains every show I ever watched on HULU and some I never saw - I have to now scroll through all these shows to find a show I just watched a week ago. Also Watch History does not tell you how many unwatched episodes you have. It seems to be more like My Stuff then Keep Watching.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give us back an easy way to find the "episodes" link so we can choose instead of just locking me into the next episode.

Old version made it easy to find the "episodes" link so I could view all seasons/all episodes of a show. Now once it launches the next episode, I'm stuck and have no option but to close Hulu and watch netflix.

222 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  5 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Relocate TV shows that are in-between seasons under “My Stuff”

TV shows that are in-between seasons should not be in the main list of shows in my stuff. They are a bit annoying when I’m looking for a new episode to watch. I think they should be at the bottom of shows that are actively releasing new episodes under a subheading like “Off-Season” or “Other shows in My Stuff.”

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scrolling

On my Roku TV. I scroll through movies or TV shows and I can be 3/4 of the way down and as soon as you choose "Show Details" to read more about it, when you go back you're allll the way back at the top again. You have to scroll allll the way back down again. Can take you two minutes of scrolling just to get back to where you left off. I'm to the point where I only look at details as a last resort. IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT WAY FOR A PAID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE!!

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want to be able to mark one episode of a particular series as "watched". There is currently no way to do this.

I want to be able to mark one episode of a particular series as "watched". There is currently no way to do this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New navigation on Roku and Smart TV's

I do not like your new layout on my Roku. I have to search for everything I want to watch. It pulls up some shows I watch but it's stuck on the same episode it doesn't automatically pull up the series. I know several people that do not like your new lay out it only makes things harder to find. I find myself wanting to get rid of your service. Please return it to your old layout where it pulled up many shows in tiles it was so much easier to find shows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow users to delete an ENTIRE show from viewing history with one click/ give us a "do not play this show" option

There are several shows that pop up in the autoplay function that hulu thinks I will like, that I absolutely hate. For example, no matter what half hour comedy I watch a recent episode of, after it's over Hulu decides to play episodes of Everybody Hates Chris and ONLY Everybody Hates Chris, no matter how many times I back out of it, no matter how many times I remove the show from my viewing history. It plays EVERY single time I catch up on a new episode of The Good Place or Brooklyn Nine-nine literally ANY half hour comedy... Previously,…

74 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The default view should be Keep Watching instead of Lineup

More than likely, the largest percentage of people opening the Hulu app are continuing to watch a show that they recently viewed, not searching for something new to watch. Therefore, I think it would make more sense to have the default view be 'Keep Watching' instead of the 'Lineup' in which new shows are advertised. This would also greatly decrease the number of 'clicks' people perform to keep viewing their content, which seems to be a top piece of criticism.

Personally, every time I open the app I immediately go to My Stuff, so perhaps that could also be the…

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  6 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow us to sort shows and movies based on what decade they came out

Allow us to browse through shows and movies based on what decade they came out?

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Put the "MORE" somewhere on Top!

When I want to search for more movies for example I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to get to the more section. Please put a little button of the top right for left that says "Search All" or "Search More" then people will not have to continually scroll to the bottom of every page. This wastes so much time. I do not like the suggestions offered 90% of the time.Thanks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Content Library list

HULU has a lot of great content, but I have no idea what is deep in the library, unless I meticulously scroll through each and every section and stumble upon stuff that I like (ie. 3 stooges, Time tunnel, Terminator, etc.), which I had no idea was in the library. It would be nice to be able to view the entire index of available content in a list form.

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Really POOR selictions of Gay& lesbian moveis. Bring back some, anything! Thats the ONLY reason i got HULU.

You had the best selection for the fee. NOW you don't even have any favorites in GLBT. Iv called, Iv left comments, Ill suggest [The gymnast, Raven, A Marine Story, Claire Of The Moon, Desert Hearts, Cloudburst, Finns Girl, Girl Play, Guest House, Loving Annabelle, Sordid Lives the series..] .now how about heartland season 10 & 11.. I can watch it on you tube or daily motions. but have to mirror off my lab top...anything you have right now I can get elsewhere thru Roku box and spectrum. Your new menu stinks, way to hard to navigate. rude phone customer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base