Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Playback pauses and repeats

Playback often freezes then jumps back a few seconds and replays but when it starts back up, the sound isn’t synced to the video, after a min it catches back up but this happens too often.

245 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

55 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. onscreen daily schedule (like they have on cable TV?)

A big drawback to Hulu which will prevent cord-cutters from signing up is the lack an ability to see what's on later in the day/night per channel, at a glance. And, beyond that, to be able to review future days and even weeks of programming so as to set to record on virtual DVR. In fact, I have to pull up TV Guide on my laptop or tablet or sometimes I've even asked Alexa to try to fill me in on "what's on tonight" (she seems to have forgotten how to do that). Yes, Hulu can do things which cable…

171 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live TV Channel Grid

I really like the channels and content of the Live TV service, however, it is difficult to navigate in the app. I would love to see a channel grid with all live networks and live shows so that I could essentially "surf" live TV. Otherwise, I have to know exactly what I'm looking for. The beta web browser version is much better, but I don't often watch TV on my computer.

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Buffering on Roku Ultra

Just talked to tech support. They agreed that there is an issue with live TV using Roku devices such as the Ultra and are currently working on it.They indicated that a fix should be available within the next few weeks. This might have been just to pacify me but hopefully is really happening. A new Hulu app for Roku will appear in due course. If anyone is experiencing buffering on none Roku devices please add a comment so we can see how many issues there are for other devices.

111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Buffering

Every single show I watch buffers, whether it's in the very beginning and the show won't even play, or whether the show does play and it decides to stop playing right in the middle. Even your stupid ads buffer and become unwatchable, just like the shows. And we have to pay for a subscription each month. Get it together.

159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Buffering, freezing, repeating, and out of sync audio and video on live TV

I dropped out of the Live TV trial before it was done.....was using Roku Streaming Stick Plus.....Sling works smooth as silk at my house, I decided to try Hulu Live TV to keep everything with one provider.....it was awful.....stalls, repeats segments of audio, audio and video not in sync.....nightmare. It appears this really was not ready to go with Roku, what a disappointment. I dropped the trial and increased my subscription options with Sling to get what I want....now they are getting the extra $$$ I intended to give Hulu. WHEN YOU DO FIX THESE ISSUES, please find a way…

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix your live TV

You need to either fix your Live TV or explain to your customers that anything short of top notch Wi-Fi will not work for your Live TV experience. Disappointment does not even begin to cover how I feel about hulu Live TV

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Buffering or freezing.

I have Hulu on a trial basis. It has an excellent channel lineup for the price. However, I am experiencing a lot of buffering and frame freezing issues. I am reluctant to subscribe and cut the cord until the buffering issue is solved. I would like to be able to get additional free trials occasionally to see if the problem is solved before committing to Hulu.

110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Streamline the Hulu Live TV navigation to be more like a regular cable TV guide - see the guide that DirecTV Now utilizes.

Hulu still has my vote for top choice for cutting the cord. The navigation is far too busy. For live TV, a "standard" TV guide like you'd find with regular cable TV would be AWESOME. See how DirecTV Now has their guide. Simple is good.

You may even be able to keep the navigation and all the customization as is with one minor tweak... Add a link for "Live TV Guide" to where it takes us to a simple, straight-forward, TV guide.

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Live TV just unwatchable

I am currently paying about $40 per month for constant pixelation, buffering, lag and total latency. It makes no sense how poorly the Live TV and even the DVR'd shows are with Hulu right now. I have Sling, Crackle and MLB apps on Firestick and those work just great so nothing to do with my internet etc... Please fix this because right now i just can't justify paying for this horrible quality. I want to be a long-term customer but it doesn't appear you want to build tech so that can happen for me and all those who like Hulu?

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please hurry with the channel guide... I don’t know how long I can stand this!

Please hurry with the channel guide!!! I cannot take this, it is so hard to find something to watch when you don’t know what’s next. Absolutely disheartening that we don’t have this already

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hulu Live

Regular Hulu is great, but Live TV is awful. I have missed end of Super Bowl, World Series game, March Madness and numerous live events. Also buffering issues are unacceptable at this point. I have no idea what Hulu is doing, it never improves and same problems repeat over and over again.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix buffering

Fix the buffering issues oh and your customer service people need to get on the same page some think they can fix the issue and others say it a beta testing problem and others say they are working on it which one is it make up your minds. If it is the beta testing then I suggest you get rid of it tired of constantly having issues and waste my time on the phone trying to figure out what the issue is to have nothing get fixed.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Beta guide upgrade

Beta guide is ok. I recently tried directv now and I absolutely love their guide feature. arrow down and guide comes up (while the current shows still plays in the background). You can see the current and upcoming shows for several hours on all channels or your favorite channels which you can set. If you arrow over to the right you can see upcoming hours up to a couple of days which allows you to record them or plan to watch them.

Please fix the current beta guide and ********* ALL DEVICES ASAP!!

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Users should be able to sort the list of channels alphabetically.

I cannot tell what determines the sort order of available channels, but it certainly isn't alphabetically. Users should be able to show all available channels, or their favorites, and the channels should be listed alphabetically.

176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mark episodes as watched

Transitioning from traditional cable, I have of course watched many episodes of my shows. I need a way to mark all previous episodes as watched.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. >Live TV guide

I live TV guide would be very beneficial to live TV users using an array similar to TIVO, etc..

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Local Channel Issues

Local channels not showing up based on WAN dynamic IP changing and showing a different zip code than my home zip code. Hulu tech support (Both phone and chat) has recommended obtaining a static IP. However, my ISP will still not guarantee my home zip code will be attached to the static IP scope. So my question is... Why can Hulu not just point the appropriate channels and local programming to the users devices via their account? I'm still missing Atlanta channels 2, 46, and 11. I have no way to tune in these channels... PLEASE HELP

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base