Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A grid guide PLEASE!!!!!

We need a true grid guide, like on the TV Guide app except clickable. I want to see what's on live at this time and upcoming in the next hour on multiple channels at once. And make it editable so I can just see my favorite channels on the grid if I so choose.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the buffering!

I have a 1Gb/s fiber internet connection with a wired connection from the router to my Roku 3. The service at the Roku tests at over 950 Mb/s. I still get buffering that is so bad--especially for live sports--that the stream can be almost unwatchable. There is no issue with recorded/on-demand programming. It is only live tv.

I've had Hulu Live for several months now, starting right after it was available for Roku. I assumed that the issue was growing pains and would be resolved quickly. It hasn't been. I'm running out of patience and have started looking at other…

162 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve streaming.

While I loved the selection with your live TV beta, the constant buffering became an issue. Please let me know if you get the application out of beta. I would love to try again minus the buffering. I have used Sling and DirectNow in the past and they did not have the constant buffering issues.

435 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live Sports Buffering

So far, we've really enjoyed Hulu Live - until a big game comes on and it starts to buffer every few minutes. We don't have this issue regularly, only when watching a major sporting event. Other than this, we've been very pleased. Unfortunately, we are wanting to ditch cable for Hulu live, but unless Hulu can get the buffering situation handled, I don't know if my we continue to keep Hulu Live.

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to see a live guide, and preset future recordings to be set up to auto record.

As with most DVR and guides, Hulu users (like myself) should be able to see a show on a live guide and with a click of a button be able to set it to record on a future date. Most guides already make this available and some even up to 2 weeks in advance and I would love to see this in a future update.

176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  8 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Buffering

Buffering is totally unacceptable.

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Constant Buffering

Here's an idea. Fix the issues with constant buffering. I'm currently trying to watch the Detroit Red Wings vs. Boston Bruins game on the NBC Sports Channel. But the constant re-buffering makes this well-neigh impossible.

And by the way, why am I paying YOU to beta-test your product?

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Getting to Live TV

It would be nice to have an option on the main screen to go directly to live tv. It takes at least 4 clicks/swipes to get to live TV.

230 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Separate Live TV from standard Hulu features and add “guide” page.

I recommend separating the Live TV platform a bit more from the standard Hulu features. Right now it is difficult at times to remember how to find the Live TV channels. Foremost I strongly, strongly recommend adding a “guide” page. Most consumers still enjoy some of the features with standard television, such as your average “guide” channel. Being able to scroll down through largely visibly lines of current shows, their time slots, and being able to scroll left and right through future and past shows, is quiet convenient and ascetically pleasing to the user. Of course adding some Hulu features…

177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix buffering issues

This could be an amazing service if the buffering problem gets fixed. Currently the buffering during live playback and even on DVR content, to a lesser extent, is to the point where watching live TV is a frustrating experience. The more troubling part is that even though the message boards and reviews are flooded with these same comments I cannot find were Hulu is even acknowledging that this issue exists. I see general trouble shooting comments that suggest it is an issue with the users equipment or internet service but I am certain that this is an issue on Hulu's…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Guide!

Well I signed up an hour ago and watchiIng live tv is painful. Why in the world is there no guide? I realize it is beta but this is rough at best. The UI is so discombobulated or something. I will likely stick with DNow for the time being as they do provide a guide and plenty of bandwidth particularly for watching sports. This reminds me of when Sling tv first came out as beta. Please add a live tv guide. That is a must in my opinion

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Buffering in live tv

If live tv buffers so much it is unwatchable nobody will continue to pay for the service... considering a switch after watching nfl on 11/19/17.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PLEASE MAKE IT WORK

There are so many problems and a horrible interface with live TV that I don't even know where to start. First of all, you should be paying the BETA testers to fix you product not the other way around. Lets start with a simple MATRIX based TV guide. Where is it? WHAT, it doesn't exist? So we need to scroll though hundreds of "UPCOMING" TV shows to find that we want to watch? If I want to watch news tonight at 8 pm, I need to scroll through every network and hope that I find something? What if I want…

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live TV Experience needs to be less complicated.

We are currently trying Hulu Live out for a month to see if it’s an option for us to drop cable and switch over. Our issue is in the platform and overall experience of using Hulu Live on our Apple TV 4K. As noted already, there needs to be a grid style guide, but aside from that, the overall flow of the platform requires way too much clicking and swiping. For customers to drop cable you have to better differentiate “Hulu” from “Hulu Live”. It is getting annoying turning the tv on, then swiping to live tv then Chanel lineup…

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Channel Guide/ Listing

We are really loving Hulu Live and have zero regrets about dumping cable. We watch it on the Firestick and Roku. We would really like to see a traditional cable-style listing as an option. It is fantastic to see your favorite channels and shows list but to be able to scroll to what's currently on would be fantastic. Thanks for a great product.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Buffering Issue

I am having a buffering issue on Amazon Fire TV - not all the time and not on all channels, but it will buffer for a few minutes and then show 15 seconds on live tv and then go back to buffering. I have checked my connection as the FAQs suggested and it is not the problem...fix this.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need a Guide

I am doing the trial and am shocked that there is no user guide. The UI is very clumsy to navigate in general but just bearable if you know what you want to watch. It is dreadful if you want to figure out what will be on at a certain time. I get it that the original Hulu service had to be program (title) oriented. But a cable replacement service must provide a better way for people to figure out what is on now (and soon in the future). Look at DirecTV Now's interface -- they do it right.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Hulu Live TV available on Samsung TVs PRIOR to 2017 makes. I own a 2016 Samsung Smart TV and feel as if Hulu intentionally gave me the

Make Hulu Live TV available on Samsung TVs PRIOR to 2017 makes. I own a 2016 Samsung Smart TV and feel as if Hulu intentionally gave me the shaft. Seriously, why?

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change layout of Hulu TV

My husband and I just got Hulu TV. It is too confusing with finding anything. You need a grid layout so it is more convenient to watch TV and flip through channels. There is no good way to see what is live on all of the channels currently.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base