Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simplify adding networks

My initial view of live TV setup prompted me to add networks. I missed a couple. I could not do so on the TV and felt the desktop would be the easiest route. Live chat informed me that I cannot do this from a computer.

A simplifies method of adding networks would be very welcome.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 213 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  61 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please keep the live tv show playing on the amazon firestick while searching through the channel guide.

With this new update on 7/1/2018 for the Amazon firestick, it change day from being able to overlay the list of channels while the live show was on in the background. But now it takes you out of the live show to view the channel guide, please go back to they way it use to be or at least keep the live video going at all times.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  2 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  20 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Channel surfing

Be able to flip through the live channels with a channel up/down button vs. Having to scroll down a list. For when you are just mindlessly channel surfing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be great if not every show that played on the screen counted in my watch history.

I wish that there was a way to keep shows from being included in my watch history just for leaving Live TV on continuously. It would be nice if only the shows I DVR or click to watch were included.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let me watch live tv while looking for a new channel!

Like other service providers make it so you can look through all the channels and continue watching your show while you do it!

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thanks

No idea. Just wanted to say a big "THANKS" for your product and service! Keep up the great work!

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  2 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A longer upcoming list when viewing live tv channels.

Currently we can only see upcoming shows on the live tv for maybe a day or two in advance. It would be nice to see a week or two in advance. Possibly for shows like live sporting events the full season already mapped out to channel and time.

213 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  16 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add a clock to your interface.

It would be great if you could add a clock to your live tv screen so your viewers can see what time it is and how long before the next show starts. The little green player bar on the tiles are helpful since shows are not all the same length but it’s really frustrating to not be able to quickly see the current time in relation to how long a show is on for. I usually have to look for my phone or watch to see the time, So silly to have your viewers look elsewhere for info that should…

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  2 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the previous version of Hulu Live TV

The change was obviously a complete fail and makes watching Live TV miserable, just go back to the old version to save yourselves some customers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. AMC, SCIENCE CHANNEL BBC AMERICA

Please add AMC, Science Channel, and BBC America and One America news and you got the best service out there, PERIOD

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make a way to clear your recent channels list

I have a lot of channels in my recent list make a way for people to take them out or clear them

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AMC - The Walking Dead

Fear the Walking Dead is a must, No AMC means no Hulu Live TV.

Please add AMC to your live channel mix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choose Between HBO East and West

Former Direct TV customer. I used to watch/record Vice News Tonight, a 25 minutes daily news progragm, at 5:30 Mountain Time on HBO East. On Hulu Live I get access to Vice News Tonight at 9:30pm Mountain because I'm forced to use HBO West based on a random IP address not when I want to watch a news show. HBO releases Vice News Tonight at 4pm Mountain on You Tube for free, but I can't get it until 9:30pm for $55 per month? Please let us choose between East or West versions of HBO.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Other viewing times

While viewing live, allow a quick search for other upcoming Live TV times and On Demand options. Often, while watching Live TV, you come across a movie or show that will be repeated or is available On Demand. It would be nice to be able to see this information quickly, while continuing to watch the content. You should be able to set a recording for any future air times from this screen, or jump directly to the appropriate On Demand content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. live tv button

It would be nice to have a button on the top bar of the Hulu app in Roku to access Live TV, if there is a way right now it's not very obvious.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  4 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tv

For Apple TV or other streaming devices. Hulu app should act like a digital TV guide on your phone or tablet while you’re watching you can browse through the guide on your phone and choose what to watch without interrupting what’s already showing on Apple TV. The features: returned to previous watched channels, browse through the guide to see what’s on, when you choose on you phone what you want to watch the guide should ask if you want to watch on your steaming device and it changes to that channel on your tv

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mark episodes viewed live as watched

Episodes who's entirety was watched live, should be marked as watched. I currently have to select it, then skip all the way to the end, watching ads during this process, just to mark it as watched. Lots of unnecessary effort.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base