Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. So not happy right now; didn't realize how many missing episodes there are.

Probably going to cancel soon ! Should not have missing episodes! No excuses!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simpler Search Features

Profile names are too large and take up the whole screen. Underline the selected profile -- don't put a line above it. This is not intuitive. Also, why should we have to choose a profile each time you turn Hulu on? Default to the profile that was last watching. Channel selections are too large. I would much rather have a scrolling list of channels listing what is on -- much like they had on my previous cable systems -- both Charter and ATT Uverse. You are doing so many things right, but I hate to have to go through three…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If you are going to have gay as a genre why not Christian?

You should remove the Gay focused genre and add a Christian genre.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove programs from search if already in my stuff or on my watchlist

If a program is already in My Stuff/Watchlist, either exclude from the other categories when searching or segregate to either top or bottom of the page so I'm not searching through all of them like the Winter Premieres if I already have Lucifer, do not show this in the list or segregate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New format -make shows searchable by keyword

I was trying to find a show I saw on a commercial, but I could only remember america and Sarah Silverman.
    I searched both of those and they didn't come up, I looked in Hulu originals, i looked in TV, I looked in my suggested. Finally I googled it. It came right up. I love america.
    Finally by searching all three words this brand new Hulu show that just was uploaded yesterday showed up.
    Either this needs to change or the new format has to go.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to search for, and remove entire seasons or shows from watched history.

Let us search through our watch history first off. A list of each episode of everything I've ever watched, several hundred pages long is useless if I want to rewatch a show I watched last year or longer ago. On this point, watch history is still useless to remove/rewatch a show. If I wanted to rewatch through South Park I would have to individually remove almost 300 episodes!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PLase make adding and removing shows from "my stuff" simpler

As is, having to select options, then scroll down to remove a show is time consuming and annoying. It's even worse when even that doesn't work. I've had an old show "Top of the Lake" stuck on "my stuff" since the new version arrived. Every other show gives me the option to remove from my list and the selection works. This one doesn't. It says add to ( even when it's already there) and no matter how many times I try to re-boot this, log out, relaunch, select and deselect it stays. Please fix this bug. Never had problems like…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Forward

It would be nice if you could customize the current 10 second forward/reverse buttons for commercial free Hulu customers with something other than 10 seconds. Maybe put something in the preferences that would allow us to independently adjust them either to a minimum of 5 seconds, and maybe a maximum of 60 seconds. Just a thought. I know this can't be done for non-commercial customers for obvious reasons, but commercial free customers I don't see a reason it can't be done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a new genre choice for OLD b/w movies, & British Sit-coms.

My choices are impossible to find when the title is unknown. I much prefer the older black n white movies, comedies, mysteries, and even some of the earlier (FIRST) Sci-Fi. Also British movies and sit-coms. If a NEW GENRE were added listing the real Classic programs, then folk like me who are not impressed with current plots, acting, CGI, and show that are more about *** than romance, could find them easier. IE: The Life of Riley, Gildersleeves, On Borrowed Tim, Quality Street, Last of the Summer Wine (British TV series starting in the 60s), movies with Errol Flynn, Olivia…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As far as I know, you can only project video from your smart phone if it's a Motorola MOTO with the currently free projector attachment, (r

As far as I know, you can only project video from your smart phone if it's a Motorola MOTO with the currently free projector attachment, (reg. price $800) and it projects a 70 " ultra high definition 4K picture, I believe. I' not sure if Hulu streams anything in 4K quality yet. You need a certain MPS streaming capability from the host (Hulu) and also from your internet provider. Check everything to be sure before purchasing, but I think it would be the best 1st option, to have the ability to have 70" 4K Ultra High Def video capability that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. search engine for data that is upcoming and expiring via hulu press linked to member's account.

search engine for data that is upcoming and expiring via hulu press linked to member's account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search for: Live TV, On demand, Channels, Genre

Allow users to select (or filter results based on) what they are searching for....Will achieve: results are more appropriate, minimizes need to support multiple interfaces, one place to go to find anything... keep it simple.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search as kids profile

Why isn't there a search option on kids profile?

109 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  39 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. search and beta ui

I am in sync with the other users. The beta is awful. I was also on the mobile beta and it was awful as well. Search parameters are horrible. i canceled the cinemax and ******** beta after one day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include S#:Ep# with titles on Rizzoli and Isles BLueRay Sony search.

Some series have double titles and no S# : Ep#. Most people remember where they are by Season, Then Episode and THEN Titles

Particularly Rizolli and Isles on Sony BlueRay.can it be added??

Works on other devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. So many things

The search page should have a “clear” button so that you don’t have to erase every letter. The font on the home screen is both way too big and way too small. It is difficult for my eyes to naturally gather the information on a large TV. The home screen is terribly inefficient. You can only see 3 shows at a time, and none of them seem to be the show that I want to watch. I wasn’t crazy about the old interface, but this new one took away everything that worked about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Your Ratings System!

Reposting from 6/30/17 due misfiled.

I watched Saturday Night Fever with my daughter who had never seen it but gave into the 40 year anniversary hype that it was this great musical dance movie. Seeing the PGA rating and synopsis led me to believe it would be okay for her to view with me.
    OMG, it should have had at least an MA rating! There was vulgarity and gratuitous foul language in every scene along with constant abuse to women, (**** included) throughout disguised as love by the background music.
    Where the heck does HULU get off rating this PG?…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in