Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Plz make searching more relevant-I am searching 4 something particular & getting over 200 things that dont make sense

when I search i want JUST that show or movie-to know do you have it or not!! , a particular series (mostly bl & wh older movies or series) not things that may have used the word in it. It is from these searches or lack of them that will determine continuing with this service, instead I just get frustrated trying to figure out why I see many many items but nothing I actually asked for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search results are inaccurate and incomplete

Please improve search algorithms so that typing in the first two words of a title, for example 'The Marathon', returns the result: 'The Marathon Man'. It took ten minutes of browsing to come across this title. It doesnt matter what you offer if your customers can't find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please make searching more user-friendly

I have trouble with your navigation, so many times I just search for my show -- but the searching is too picky. If I want to find "The Last Man on Earth" series, I should be able to type "The Last" and get it returned as a suggestion. Right now I have to type it all and exactly right, or it won't find it -- it won't even offer if I was CLOSE to typing it right.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When searching, show network and time if not on demand

When searching for something, show the network and time it will be on. The matters as events that are on multinetworks, I wish to choose which network it pulls from (e.g. State of the Union, Royal Wedding, other events picked up across networks). Time matters since I want to know when to expect to be able to watch it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Missing search options

Sometimes when I am looking for something that I know exists on hulu it does not show up when the title is typed in

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Browsing Feed Lies

I understand that premium channels are extra. If I wanted those channels, I would have paid for them. Why do the premium channels and it's movies keep showing up on my search menu and when I browse movies? It makes it seem like Hulu is trying to showcase a bigger selection than what they really have. I am already paying for the commercial free service but yet you keep throwing shows at me, like commercials. I want to view and play what I paid for, commercial free streaming service and that is all.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. popular episodes

Please fix TV - Popular - Episodes- Popular Today so that it shows the most popular episodes at the top, and not the most popular episodes from last December 2017.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shortcut to access SEARCH and/or other menus (my stuff, watchlist) on the REMOTE

It would save so much time if you could use the remote to search instead of backtracking through the screen menus. If you could access search, your watch list, my stuff, etc. by pressing some combination on your remote, well, that would save time and headaches!!! (a lot of apps use the star button you the remote to access search but since star is now used for options perhaps ** star star or some other combination or no longer use * for options and instead make it a menu choice on the screen.

why does it now take so long…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an audible extension to Hulu

It would be very interesting to have an Audible extension added to the Hulu mobile app for people who want to stream audio books on the go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when using the search function for HBO, i cant get own the list because it reloads and takes me back to the top

the popup window when you click on the HBO group reloads after about 3 or 4 seconds of looking through the list and when it reloads it takes me back to the top of the list, so I can never see all of HBO's movies or TV shows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A-Z search option for Mobile Devices

It would be easier to search for shows on mobile devices if there could be an A-Z option for the shows/movies themselves. A-Z search is currently only available on the mobile apps for Networks only and not content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display recent searches

Trending searches are listed next to the search functionality, and the list never seems to change. Instead (or in addition) it would be much more valuable to see my recent searches so I can quickly search for the shows I’m looking for. With an already confusing navigation interface that makes it nearly impossible to find the shows I watch regularly, I rely on Hulu’s search functionality, and it’s very frustrating to have to enter the same search query every time I want to watch a specific show.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. adbocker

how do i remove adblocker from safari

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. find 4K content

There needs to be a way to easily search for 4K UHD content. Currently, the only related topic in the help section is about how fast you internet connection needs to be to streak HD & 4K content. Seriously, Netflix, Amazon, and many others offer 4K content. It is appalling that Hulu does not appear to offer ANY 4K content in 2018. The 4K TV sets have become adopted by the mainstream, and this is not keeping up with the technology, or your competition. Please make it easy for members with 4K TV's to be able to find 4K content,…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to know the length of a movie, who is in it, and a full description before watching.

Allow ability to read full description of a movie, who is in it, and length of movie and be able to read the credits at the end.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate search with IMDB

Integrate Hulu search with IMDB. This will allow users to find any movie/tv show whether it is available on Hulu or not. The user can then add to "My Stuff" or "Watchlist" so that Hulu will show it there when it is available for streaming. This might also help Hulu determine what content they should attempt to acquire based directly on user input.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search results missing from upcoming events

Tl;dr — Search results are incomplete. Sometimes requiring manual browsing to find what you’re looking for.

At this time (from the iPhone app), searching for San Antonio Spurs gives you the option to view all events they are listed in. However, the only result is a game on Feb 7 against the Phoenix Suns.

The Spurs have also been added to My List, but the only game listed is when they play against the Suns on Feb 7

Knowing that they play the Sacramento Kings tomorrow (Jan 28), you can find this game by going to Browse> Networks> Fox Southwest…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you are going to have gay as a genre why not Christian?

You should remove the Gay focused genre and add a Christian genre.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove programs from search if already in my stuff or on my watchlist

If a program is already in My Stuff/Watchlist, either exclude from the other categories when searching or segregate to either top or bottom of the page so I'm not searching through all of them like the Winter Premieres if I already have Lucifer, do not show this in the list or segregate it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Simpler Search Features

Profile names are too large and take up the whole screen. Underline the selected profile -- don't put a line above it. This is not intuitive. Also, why should we have to choose a profile each time you turn Hulu on? Default to the profile that was last watching. Channel selections are too large. I would much rather have a scrolling list of channels listing what is on -- much like they had on my previous cable systems -- both Charter and ATT Uverse. You are doing so many things right, but I hate to have to go through three…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base