Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eliminate shows from Lineup

Firstly, I’d like to say that the new Hulu on the 4th gen Apple TV is a pretty decent experience. Far better than Sling, much more polished and way better at tracking watched shows which seems obvious but Sling taught me not to take that for granted.

The Lineup: The shows on there make no sense to me. I watch no sports but they are on there. You guys really want me to watch Superstore and Bob’s Burgers. I don’t want to watch any of them and there’s no tool to remove them. Please fix.

Thanks,
    Dan

1,044 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  122 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ignore a show

We need an option to choose "never suggest this show." Hulu constantly tries to auto-play a show that I have NO interest in watching next. I remove the same show over and over from up next and every time and it keeps coming back. Give your users the right to downvote or remove something they have no interest in starting automatically after a show.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thumbs up/thumbs down

Since the ‘stop suggesting’ feature doesn’t work, how about a thumbs up/thumbs down rating system? This way Hulu can learn what we DO like as well as what we don’t want to watch. It would make suggestions more accurate than just a stop suggesting option. I know I have watched multiple shows that I didn’t like and now Hulu is basing suggestions off of it. If I could let Hulu know I didn’t like the show I just watched it could keep it from recommending shows based off it.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put the remove show from watchlist back!

There are multiple shows from autoplay and having others watch on my tv that I do not want to watch and I do not understand why this option was ever taken away. Adding profiles was great but I still want to keep my shows/movies organized!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separating watch history on Hulu and Hulu live

I do like how easy it is to get from Hulu to live but I find it extremely annoying when I watch live and a show comes on I don't watch and change channels, only to see that show on my watch history. I get the idea behind them all being there and the logic is there but it buries the shows I'm currently watching on Hulu and I spend too long just erasing shows from live on the watch history.

It would be a cleaner idea to separate Hulu history and Hulu live history, maybe make the Hulu live…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Not Interested" broken

Why is it when I choose the "not interested" option for a show that is terrible, and I will never, ever watch -- inside amy schumer is a perfect example -- and when I open the queue for the list of shows, that very same show that I said I am not interested in is BACK on my queue!
    I seriously can't stand looking at amy schumer's stupid picture for her show, american dad, or family guy -- I didn't capitalize the names because those shows are garbage.

PLEASE HULU FIX THIS BEFORE MY EYES BLIND FROM STUPIDITY SENSORY OVERDOSE!!!!!! …

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Listen!

About 20 notations and 100’s more votes regarding eliminating hulu imposed suggestions!! Please acknowledge them and DO IT! What are you? The federal govt? Just provide shows and then stay out of our lives!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Content rating star system

Is there was a way to rate content (the star system) as you watch on device or via app, and if so why is it so hard to find and use?
    The star rating system needs to be more accessible across the platform to designate content you enjoy or dislike.
    Also, when rating content online via the Hulu website, it would help if the rating was saved or populated a list playlist based on stars you gave. As of right now, the ratings don't seem to stick or impact cwatch recommendations in a notable way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Watchlist needs to not Autoplay "Suggested Shows" - revert back to to home screen

Users should be allowed to be on "Autoplay" and not have a show that they are not interested in start to play.. When a show on your watchlist ends, HULU needs to revert to the home screen to pick another show. Automatically making me watch BROAD CITY is infuriating. Then, on top of that, my ROKU TV and the website have never let me remove a show from the watchlist (aka, I am stuck with BROAD CITY on my watchlist forever). Not ever. Cannot do this option at all from ROKU and when its deselected on the website, the show…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring Back Item Removal

The new site layout has needlessly removed both the option of "Not Interested" for titles and the option to remove items from my "Keep Watching" list. I consider these to be strict downgrades in functionality -the exact issue that Netflix has suffered from for ages. I would appreciate their return.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ignore or block option by channel or category would be helpful.

I know this is redundant, but I have upvoted for similar posts as well. There are very few things that I don't care about, but Sports and celebrities are I definition in my top 10. Part of the reason I dumped cable for Hulu is the sports focus and even a sports franchise fee on the monthly bill. I am new to Hulu live TV and I commend you for giving us the option to "cut the cable". I will likely stay with you for a long time. Please keep expanding the lineup and providing more diverse content! For me…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The evil "autoplay" setting.

When moving to the "new" web site, please carry forward the "autoplay" setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Top Picks For You Show Removal Option

I would really like to be able to have the option to delete/remove any shows that Hulu has picked for me to watch next on “Top Picks For You” but it seems there is no way to do that. There’s a show on here I have zero desire (and looks creepy so isn’t pleasing to see on my screen) to watch and no matter what I do, can’t seem to even request t to be removed from my screen. I spoke with someone at Hulu via phone and asked her to view why this keeps being suggested to me especially…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your "Not Interested" option doesn't work. I've marked dozens of shows & films "Not Interested" yet they still show up as "Recommendations f

Your "Not Interested" option doesn't work. I've marked dozens of shows & films "Not Interested" yet they still show up as "Recommendations for You."
    FIX YOUR ALGORITHM! I'm sick of seeing garbage programming listed as something Hulu thinks I like.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No more froning

Froning has been stuck in popular movie clips for months and I have to look at that ******* every time I want to see the recently added items on Hulu because that list is just below popular movie clips. I don’t know who he is, I don’t care who he is. I don’t want to nor will I ever watch anything froning related. Please improve whatever non existent algorithm that populated that list to omit anything and everything froning related. It really bums me out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow me to remove unwatched content that I was never interested in from front page

The top scrolling bar of shows should have shows and movies I am already watching featured. Instead it is a hodgepodge of shows I would never and have never watched on Hulu. Would really like it if there was an option to "thumbs down" a piece of content. Other streaming services have this. The new UI is hard to navigate and annoying to look at.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Autoplay does shoes on my list

Why can't autoplay play unwatched shows on my list and not garbage shows I don't want because they would BE ON MY LIST

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. open to specific account and channel

How do I open hulu to a specific favorite channel? For example, when I open hulu I have to select the specific account and then I have to select a channel. I would like to open hulu and it already recognizes my account and it opens a specific channel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop Prioritizing your recommendations above my chosen queue

I've noticed that Hulu now prioritizes recommendations above unseen NEW episodes on my watch list.

Historically, recommendations came after my shows, specifically when I had nothing left.

If you must continue to promote your content, please do so after my chosen list. Not before, or mixed in.

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base