Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block or remove specific shows from autoplay and account

My account for months will not stop autoplaying The Charmichael Show after everything I watch. I didn't know what this show was before this started and I wish more than anything to never have to see, hear, or think about this monstrosity again. Support says there is not a thing anyone can do to stop it from happening until a block feature is implemented - so why wont you implement it?!?!??!?!

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lineup

It's full of shows that I don't watch, and I can't remove them. Why can't I control my own lineup? Please bring back the Watchlist.

At least with the watchlist, I was able to see when there were new episodes of shows I like. Now, if I stop watching an episode half way, it goes into "Keep Watching", which has a set number of slots. If I don't resume that episode quickly, it gets pushed out of the "keep watching" list, and the show doesn't return to my lineup when a new episode is available.

I often find myself coming…

123 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block shows from autoplay

I want to block a particular show from CONSTANTLY playing on autoplay. I hate this particular show and it autoplays after every show!

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don’t loop shows before we were born or we have never selected ourselves

Don’t cause us to watch shows we don’t have in our list to auto play I keep getting the same ******** show I stop and don’t watch

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Your "Not Interested" option doesn't work. I've marked dozens of shows & films "Not Interested" yet they still show up as "Recommendations f

Your "Not Interested" option doesn't work. I've marked dozens of shows & films "Not Interested" yet they still show up as "Recommendations for You."
    FIX YOUR ALGORITHM! I'm sick of seeing garbage programming listed as something Hulu thinks I like.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. General navigation

First of all. I have ttried many streaming TV options and you all are the best. Always opportunities to improve so thanks for welcoming feedback.

!Lineup has no rhyme or reason to it. Use this instead with a full TV Guide with channels and episode times.

Also need the option to search channels in alpha order, create a top ten list and the rest alpha or sort by group. The same goes for menu options... TV..Movie. Sports. News.

I'd like to remove Anime as an option

In the Keep Watching, allow on option to delete a show that you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Choose what comes up as first screen when loading a profile

I want to be able to choose what comes up first on my profiles. I don’t want it to default to ‘lineup’. I want it to go straight to ‘my stuff’ because your suggestions are never what I would watch.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ignore a show

We need an option to choose "never suggest this show." Hulu constantly tries to auto-play a show that I have NO interest in watching next. I remove the same show over and over from up next and every time and it keeps coming back. Give your users the right to downvote or remove something they have no interest in starting automatically after a show.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Horrible new update

Before your company updated the app top this pretty new app that doesn't work properly more often than not the app was GREAT! You took away the feature that allows you to play a NEW SHOW that popped up and when it was done playing it would go to the next new show in the list.....IT DOESN'T DO THAT ANYMORE, IT GOES TO A RANDOM SHOW I YOUR MY STUFF LIST. DID YOUR COMPANY EVEN BOTHER TO BETA TEST THIS NEW APP TO SEE IF YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS WOULD LIKE THE UPDATE? NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS APP IS HORRIBLE. GO…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Watchlist needs to not Autoplay "Suggested Shows" - revert back to to home screen

Users should be allowed to be on "Autoplay" and not have a show that they are not interested in start to play.. When a show on your watchlist ends, HULU needs to revert to the home screen to pick another show. Automatically making me watch BROAD CITY is infuriating. Then, on top of that, my ROKU TV and the website have never let me remove a show from the watchlist (aka, I am stuck with BROAD CITY on my watchlist forever). Not ever. Cannot do this option at all from ROKU and when its deselected on the website, the show…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Top Picks For You Show Removal Option

I would really like to be able to have the option to delete/remove any shows that Hulu has picked for me to watch next on “Top Picks For You” but it seems there is no way to do that. There’s a show on here I have zero desire (and looks creepy so isn’t pleasing to see on my screen) to watch and no matter what I do, can’t seem to even request t to be removed from my screen. I spoke with someone at Hulu via phone and asked her to view why this keeps being suggested to me especially…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop Prioritizing your recommendations above my chosen queue

I've noticed that Hulu now prioritizes recommendations above unseen NEW episodes on my watch list.

Historically, recommendations came after my shows, specifically when I had nothing left.

If you must continue to promote your content, please do so after my chosen list. Not before, or mixed in.

88 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR CUSTOMERS TO WATCH CONTENT THAT THEY WILL NEVER WATCH JUST BECAUSE YOU AUTO-PLAY IT!!!

You're clearly not listening to people. You're charging more than enough for how many shows continually get taken away, and that's all you've got going since I haven't seen a Hulu movie worth watching in a long time. I specifically began paying for Hulu, and going commercial free, just for The 100. Now I can't watch any CW shows, any of the shows I like on HGTV or DIY Network, or MTV... I mean seriously I get there is only so much Hulu can do about that. But on top of charging even more after losing incredible amounts of content,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better autoplay

While I agree with many of the other comments on AutoPlay, I'm commenting to say that it seems to have gotten progressively worse. A few years ago there was some sense to it, but now it's playing shows that are completely unrelated. Additionally, the recent change from AutoPlaying the next episode to now going to another series even if there are episodes of the first series still unplayed is awful. Please return AutoPlaying to at least play all the episodes in a series.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want control of my Autoplay back

The watchlist system is terrible for autoplay. The videos that are chosen to play next are frequently episodes that I have already watched or shows that I don't care to watch more of. I've been with Hulu forever and miss having a queue I can control. Why can we no longer choose the order that we want our videos to autoplay? I use Hulu to keep up on current tv and want a way to quickly and easily set a full lineup for the week.

1,121 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  176 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customizable Watch List

Please provide the option to remove shows from the Watch List, some are suggestions by Hulu that I am not interested in.
    I love my Hulu service and find this most annoying! If there is a way to remove unwanted shows, please let me know!

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Counterintuitive autoplay

I'm in the middle of watching an episode in a series. The episode finishes and hulu begins a countdown to a DIFERRENT show for no reason. I want to CONTINUE watching the series I selected. The feature to play other series in the middle of the series I'm watching should be removed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Watchlist was lost when the new interface was added.

when the new interface was added my watchlist did not transfer--now all of the time I spent adding shows was for nothing.

The new interface is so unmanageable that I cannot find a lot of the shows that I added previously or I do not remember them--I didn't know that I needed to write them down because I thought I could just add them to my watchlist!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base