Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want control of my Autoplay back

The watchlist system is terrible for autoplay. The videos that are chosen to play next are frequently episodes that I have already watched or shows that I don't care to watch more of. I've been with Hulu forever and miss having a queue I can control. Why can we no longer choose the order that we want our videos to autoplay? I use Hulu to keep up on current tv and want a way to quickly and easily set a full lineup for the week.

488 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  100 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Personalize the personalization

Allow me to "delete" or "no thanks" to shows we are not interested in. And if you do then don't list them for us. We're in our 50's we don't want to watch cartoons! Alloy us to eliminate categories like cartoons, Kardashians, kids programming or whatever others wish and make it truly personalized. Why ask for a name if we get the same offering?

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eliminate shows from Lineup

Firstly, I’d like to say that the new Hulu on the 4th gen Apple TV is a pretty decent experience. Far better than Sling, much more polished and way better at tracking watched shows which seems obvious but Sling taught me not to take that for granted.

The Lineup: The shows on there make no sense to me. I watch no sports but they are on there. You guys really want me to watch Superstore and Bob’s Burgers. I don’t want to watch any of them and there’s no tool to remove them. Please fix.

Thanks,
    Dan

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Keep Watching" Improvements

Two fundamental changes should be made to "Keep Watching". First and most importantly, we NEED to be able to remove shows from this list. No one in my house has ever watched "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" on Hulu, yet it will always start playing after a show we were watching has finished. I have no way to remove that show from "keep watching" and no way to prioritize other shows over this one. This brings me to the second change: if there is nothing else in the "keep watching" queue, we should have the option for it to default to…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back the old interface on Roku!

You guys, the new interface on Roku is very stylish, super-pretty, and, sadly, essentially unusable. I need visual cues, not just text, to decide what I want to watch (why yes, I do judge books based on their cover; why do you ask?). Also, I am terrible with names.

But, really--I would love to have the old interface back, so that I have better information about shows delivered more efficiently and fully. Thanks so much

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change back to the old setup! The new hulu stinks!

Get rid of the "lists" of shows the way it's laid out now - it's awful! Go back to the thumbnails, it's a lot more visually appealing and user friendly. Also, when we click to see "More", it goes to a thumbnail page, but all the thumbnails are darkened except the one we have highlighted - so if we're across the room with lights on we can't even see what the other thumbnails are. Our whole family hates the new hulu layout and it's not just because it's new and different, it's because it's a bad layout. I know you're…

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please let me block shows

Please stop automatically playing WWE in Spanish after every show I watch. Why can I not block certain shows from autoplay and recommendations? There is nothing in my 6 years of using Hulu that should make you think that I am interested in wrestling or that I speak Spanish.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't Auto-Play Random Stuff

Stop auto-playing random stuff after the series I'm currently watching runs out of episodes. Just stop playing after all the episodes have been played. I don't want some random garbage (in which I've never shown any interest) to start playing automatically. Do people like this "feature"?

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove titles from Top Picks permanently when we use the "Not Interested" button

Clicking on "Not Interested" only to have the same titles keep showing up in Top Picks is just an exercise in futility. Why have a button that doesn't actually inform the algorithm on how to recommend better options?

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a clock in top right to show time when scrolling on menu

Have a clock in top right to show time when scrolling on menu

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Options

I would like the option to choose the length of time before you ask if I'm still watching. I'd also like to filter my lineup section to where I don't have to see certain shows in that section that I'm not interested in. I also like the option to be able to remove shows from my still watching section, because sometimes my daughter will accidentally watch one of her cartoons in my profile, and when one of my shows ends it will automatically try to play that cartoon because it was previously watched in my profile.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Personalization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. This new interface is horrible. You don't show my lineup of the the shows I actually watch. It's becoming dreadful to use.

It is becoming useless. You show me completely irrelevant shows. There isn't any update for the shows I actually watch. This is a horrible interface.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep episode list in series in line with watch history

It would be very helpful if the list of episodes under the video currently playing in a series showed the previous episode, the current episode, and then the following episodes instead of always showing the first few episodes of the first season.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. App opening

Please remove the open app sounds. If i forget to turn down my tv volume that open sound is so loud. It woke my 3yr old up from her nap once, and i was in the living room. It's a cool sound, but dang. Why so loud??

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please stop giving me options to watch ads in spanish.

The app always tried to make me watch ads in spanish. I do not speak Spanish so after changing it to English so many times it should always be in English by now. Not only that but I couldn't even watch shows in spanish if I wanted to so why have ads in it. Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. give us better help.

There is absolutely no help available on the TV we have to log in on the computer which usually is not in the same room. Your CHAT NOW never answers. Customer service needs improvement at HULU<

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Playlist Feature

Similar to what was suggested, I would like to see a Playlist feature. Though the difference in my suggestion is not to have it randomized, but to be able to choose episode by episode of whatever I want, and put them into a Playlist and have it autoplay. That way you can choose like say episode 5 season 1 of Golden Girls, episode 2 season 3 of I Love Lucy, etc. All your faves, all together!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. for you

I would thing that suggestions For ME would have shows that I have actually watched or that are on My Watchlist. Not so...

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to select profile on TV

On a device I can select my user name/profile from our list. On the TV the user names/profile do not appear, it just launches into my profile which is now loaded with my kids shows because they watch primarily on the TV. Why have the profiles if you can’t use them consistently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We should be able to choose a lower level quality of play on ALL ways of watching Hulu.

My Tablet has the option of lowering the reselution that I watch Hulu on (I have to do it in the episode through the gear each time I start the App.) I can't choose through my lap top or my new Smart Tv. I am eating through Data quick with our new 4K TV and we want to lower the resolution when we watch Hulu...but we can't. Please make that possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base