Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to hide or block certain shows

There are several shows that I don't like my kids to watch. They are annoying and have no value to boot for children. I'd like a feature that blocks that individual show. We have set up the parent restriction and that's been great. We need more control over the content that are kids have access to.

Thank you

540 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More parental controls

I really wish you had more parental controls. I want to be able to filter my content so that I (and especially my kids) can only watch clean shows. I don't want to see the nasty covers or shows. The lack of parental controls on hulu has made me use and like netflix more.

215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  19 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please remove the pride celebration category from the main menu

Please remove the pride celebration category from the main menu

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You should require a password or PIN to switch to a profile. Currently my 10 year old daughter can just switch to my account.

You should require a PIN to switch accounts. My 10 year old daughter can just switch to my account and get access to adult programming.

718 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  160 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Do not add channels I did not want to the "Browse" section.

For some reason Viceland was added to "browse channels" without my choice and I can't get rid of it. Yet BET or Spanish networks were not added. I have to choose between letting my 12 year old see titles like" F*CK That's Delicious" or banish him to the children's profile which is basically cartoons. Please get some better parental controls!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Able to approve a show

I think that you should be able to approve or add a show on your kid's profile. My son likes to watch Yu Gi Oh 5D's (he's 12)and it showed up on his queue to watch then said it was restricted. There is not an option to let a parent approve a show or add it. He has to watch it on my profile.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable Autoplay in Kids Profile

I can disable Autoplay in profiles that are not kids by following these instructions.
    https://help.hulu.com/en-us/autoplay

But these options do not exist in a kids profile. How are we suppose to turn off autoplay for kid's profiles?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Removal of sailor moon as a children se

I’ve been watching the anime sailor moon I love this series but it’s not an appropriate series to list as a children cartoon it’s got death blood and gore And cursing in season 2 episode 74 time 12:40 sailor moon says “you basterd”

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I'm an adult, live by myself and want to turn all this stuff off in my home!

These are important features in homes with children. For those of us without kids, it's all just in the way. Please provide a user-configurable feature to turn parental controls and kids menus on and off. Thanks in advance since this is a total no-brainer.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add MPAA ratings to movies

It would be really nice to see what movies are rated G, PG, R and why, language, violence, ****** content... without having to look it up on another device.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give ability to view watch history on kids profile

There should be a way to view the watch history on a kids profile. Currently, you can not see what their watch history was.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Turn channel when kid show/movie ends on non kid friendly channel.

I need the channel to change to another kid friendly channel or show when a kid friendly movie or show goes off. The kids screen gave a kids movie playing of FX and I selected that movie for my kids to watch. However, once that movie went off the next move was not kid friendly even though I was in the kids section. This is not acceptable and needs to be fixed very soon.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. manage search history

I had someone on my computer watching hulu and they were watching inappropriate things. I do not want that in my history, I do not associate myself w/ that **** and I want to be able to delete the SEARCH history. Plus I need a way to see how my kids search.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ability to turn off autoplay

Currently there is no way to turn off AutoPlay for kids profiles on Apple TV. The 'Settings' menu is not available. Correct the bug which prevents parents to control whether shows AutoPlay for kids. It would also be nice to be able to set 'time limits' both of when during the day they can watch, and also how much they can watch.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to limit viewing hours by profile. I would like to restrict TV time on a schedule.

Create a profile viewing schedule in hour blocks so parents can select which hours blocks the kids have TV time. Example, 08:00-09:00 = blocked; 09:00-10:00 = open; etc.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to add or exclude shows from the kids profile would be great.

The ability to add or exclude shows from the kids profile would be great.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I just added a profile for my kids.

I like how it is in groups of 2-4 and 5-7 and so on and so forth. It makes it easier for me to find something appropriate for my kids to watch. I just wanted to give my feedback on that. I am impressed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need "My Stuff" on kids profiles

I'm excited that profiles are finally available on the Roku, but it is annoying and bad service that there is no My Stuff/Watchlist on kids' profiles. I want to be able to add my kid's favorite shows to a list under his profile, rather than just have this glut of choices based on the profile being a "kids" profile. A 5 year old is a lot different than a 12 year old, and just because something is "kids" content doesn't mean it is appropriate for all ages.

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base