Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You should require a password or PIN to switch to a profile. Currently my 10 year old daughter can just switch to my account.

You should require a PIN to switch accounts. My 10 year old daughter can just switch to my account and get access to adult programming.

471 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  86 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to hide or block certain shows

There are several shows that I don't like my kids to watch. They are annoying and have no value to boot for children. I'd like a feature that blocks that individual show. We have set up the parent restriction and that's been great. We need more control over the content that are kids have access to.

Thank you

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Looks like you have plenty of suggestions on how to provide reasonable parental controls. I think you should adopt some of them. The tech

Looks like you have plenty of ideas for parental controls. I think you should implement one or more. The technology is simple, why is there no will to make this happen?

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More parental controls

I really wish you had more parental controls. I want to be able to filter my content so that I (and especially my kids) can only watch clean shows. I don't want to see the nasty covers or shows. The lack of parental controls on hulu has made me use and like netflix more.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Able to approve a show

I think that you should be able to approve or add a show on your kid's profile. My son likes to watch Yu Gi Oh 5D's (he's 12)and it showed up on his queue to watch then said it was restricted. There is not an option to let a parent approve a show or add it. He has to watch it on my profile.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Just add a feature to block individual shows with a pin

so tired of seeing raunchy **** when looking for a show for the family to watch. The ratings on shows don't necessarily mean that a show is good or bad... it's so broad. If you had a feature that has a block list make it for individual shows and movies, add a pin...let parents decide what is appropriate for them and the family...if you guys did this I'm sure that you would be the first.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. there needs to be an option for the kids commercials they are viewing on Hulu tv.

My son is 5 and he is Watch the peanuts show (with snoopy) on demand and before he coukd watch it commercials for tru tv came on with the Chris gethard show and other shows for 2. Intumescent before he could get to the cartoon. There is no reason for my son to be viewing things like that when he has a kids profile. There needs to be an option to choose a different commercial.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4-digit Passcode for content ratings

In addition to what has already been written about passcode protecting accounts, even if Hulu added the feature of requiring a passcode for certain age-appropriate content that would get the ball rolling. There are great cartoon varieties in Hulu, which is fantastic, but because of the ease of wandering, curious children I can’t install the app on my 10yr old’s Apple TV. PLEASE Hulu! Fix this ASAP! Have it across the board for the Live Stream option that you all recently made, and then I can consider more options. Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Children's Accounts More Programmable for Parents Or WE'LL TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

With no option to search within a Kid's account and no ability for us to add content to their accounts from our computers, you have stifled our ability to create quality programming for our children! There is not even a way to switch back and forth from kids mode to adult mode so that we can edit the content ourselves from within their settings. We have no ability to monitor the types of commercials you show them, nor can we search the history. Now you ask for their exact birth date, which is NONE of your business. If we try…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 96 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Parental Control options to include specific titles or show names that can be added to blocked list

My son is a tween, I don't mind him watching SOME adult swim (animes such as Naruto, Inuyasha, or the equivalent) but there are others that I don't want him to have access to. For this reason, when parental controls are initiated, there should be an additional option (*WHICH NETFLIX DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER IN COMPARISON*) to block or also ALLOW certain titles or shows to be viewed withOUT parental control PIN. This would mean that as a parent I can block all rated shows such as NR, TV14, R, etc. but would still be able to set exceptions for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Profile Pin

Clearly a large amount of your customers what the ability to put pins on their profiles to prevent children from accessing adult content. How about it? Not an unreasonable request right? Let's make it happen Hulu, or should a petition to boycott until it's implemented be created?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm an adult, live by myself and want to turn all this stuff off in my home!

These are important features in homes with children. For those of us without kids, it's all just in the way. Please provide a user-configurable feature to turn parental controls and kids menus on and off. Thanks in advance since this is a total no-brainer.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My family and I really enjoy Hulu. My request is: When we are searching for a movie some of the images contain two men kissing or together i

My family and I really enjoy Hulu. My request is: When we are searching for a movie some of the images contain two men kissing or together in an inappropriate or suggestive manner. Would you please omit or change the images for the sake of children.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Restrictions needed for kids to access parent profile

My kids can access my profile with no restrictions in place and watch whatever. Now with hbo there’s even more things they can watch without restrictions....

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More control over content.

I want to be able to control my profiles content more. If I don't want movies over a certain rating I should be able to choose that. Netflix does it. You tube has it. I'm sure it's possible without too much work. Please make this change so I don't have to look through movies I would never watch. I.hate just looking at the covers of some of them.

332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  50 comments  ·  Kids Experience & Parental Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add MPAA ratings to movies

It would be really nice to see what movies are rated G, PG, R and why, language, violence, ****** content... without having to look it up on another device.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add Parental Controls for Hulu on Smart TV and Roku.

Please add Parental Controls for Hulu on Smart TV and Roku.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have no kids. Why can't I turn off the KIDS category?

Let me choose the categories I want to see and the display order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base