Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to control commercial content to be family friendly.

I dislike some of the commercials. I have a 15 year old daughter and you are playing commeecials that say, "do you ever go downtown? yodeling in the cavern, a boxed lunch. It's disgusting and not appropriate. I want this commercial removed from my account.

333 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

94 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Including commercials on a plan titled "no commercials" is misleading and disappointing

This complaint stems from seeing commercials on episodes of shows that were released so recently that they are not in the Hulu library, e.g. Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 5 Episode 12, released 3/18 and watched on the same day. Viewing this episode included multiple blocks of four commercials. I would like to submit the complaint that when Hulu includes commercials in a plan titled "no commercials," consumers feel misled and disappointed. I understand this is probably part of finer-print deals with major networks, and surely it creates significant revenue for them, but it is nonetheless misleading for Hulu's consumers given the…

520 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gay Vegas marriage ad

Quit playing the Gay marriage ads it's disgusting and disturbing to be crammed down my or child's throat ..... Not your place

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Too Many "Limited Commercials"

We've had Hulu for several years & have been pleased with the service until the last several months to a year. There used to be 2 short commercial breaks during a 30 minute show for a total of about 1 minute of commercials. Now commercial breaks are typically over 1 minute each. Last night as we watched an hour long show, the commercials increased in frequency as the show progressed. Towards the end, commercials played about every minute & lasted for 30 seconds each which made the show very choppy to watch. Regular tv has fewer commercial breaks! Once we…

618 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

246 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Choose your own ad experience

I would rather choose my ad experience than watch the same OBNOXIOUS ad every single commercial break. Please bring back the choose your ad experience and the option to watch one long ad to avoid other interuptions.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Voting for ads. to see ads. that are actually relevant to the viewer

Can we please implement a system that let's us put a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" to advertisements, since we MUST have them?

We, the viewers, deserve some way to have a better experience.

With a voting system, we can "thumbs down" an ad. that we are not fond of, so that we don't keep seeing it repeatedly, every commercial break.

A perfect example: the commercial for "our cartoon president" is just so UNfunny, that it makes me cringe every time it starts.
    I'm not saying this because I love trump, I'm saying this because it is tasteless and just…

320 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  65 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hey! Let's maybe not put spoilers in previews...

Is this how ya'll coerce people into paying for ad free? Because that's ridiculous and super scummy. I mean, sure, capitalism, I get it... to an extent. But you provide a service to storyline, you kind of need to respect that. The rest of the world pretty much has it figured out: dont put plot spoilers into previews. I get that shows are longer than movies, and one plot spoiler in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean a whole lot in comparison (especially when it's trash-tv a la Fear the Walking Dead), but it still means something. And who…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop replay of the same commercial

Rewatching the same commercial is annoying

129 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Equalize Advertisement Volume

There are certain ads which have a much higher volume than other ads. In my current experience (using Apple TV), there is an ad for Boost Mobile which is about twice as loud as the show itself or any other ads. It's so much louder than the other content and I end up scrambling for the remote to turn it down anytime it comes on, only to have to turn it back up when complete.

There needs to be an analysis of received ads, and the ads need to be volume-adjusted to prevent these ridiculous volume spikes.

275 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  48 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. stop the commercials

For hulu to keep and gain viewers i suggest no more long annoying commercials . Hulu makes money on us customers + the money they get from playing ads. Treat us right and people will recommend you

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Strip commercials from Cloud DVR shows automatically if I have "No commercials" option

I have the No Commercials option on my subscription. I see commercials on my cloud DVR programs. Hulu Support tells me that the option only works if I "Browse and watch it as On Demand program" and not via Cloud DVR. Obviously, you have both options available to stream - so why can't you automatically detect my subscription to "no commercials" and play the version that does not have it when I come through the cloud DVR and play a program.. SImple enough check in your code!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include in video description if video is Hulu or Network owned

Hulu has a great selection of shows and movies but sometimes I’ll select a show and there are commercials, even though I subscribe to the no-commercial plan. It was explained to me that is has to do with Hulu content versus Network content - this makes sense. So my suggestion is to have this information in the video description, so it’s not a negative viewing experience when that first commercial break happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop injecting additional advertisements when we already have to watch the in-stream ads.

Ads Ads more Ads. We can pay for 'limited ads' but you still force us to watch more ads than we'd see on normal cable (which we could just DVR and skip over completely. I don't see what the benefit is. We have your injected ads every few minutes, plus the in-stream ads from the original programming... You've falsely promoted your 'limited ads' feature. Simple solution: Stop ripping us off and fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please have more sophisticated Ad break timing

The ad breaks are often poorly timed & make the show choppy, then often cutting the show off at the end before next weeks preview as well. Thank you for hiring a talented human/editor/storyteller to choose the right timing for breaks (rather than a droid or untalented human.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I pay for Hulu live, I should not have ads when trying to watch "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

I don't when ads when watching always sunny, when I pay for a hulu service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop showing commericals at the end

Stop showing commericials at the end of my program! I can easily just exit out, but it's a silly gimmick to waste my time and show me more ad content. I do not mind if they are in the middle, just not at the end!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop showing ads before the last thirty seconds of a show

I'll deal with ad breaks, that's fine, but having to sit through a minute and a half of ads to watch the last thirty seconds of a show is annoying and pointless. I like watching the little bloopers or extra scenes that some shows include at the end, but I skip it most of the time because I'm not going to watch ads before it and then have to watch another minute of ads before starting the next episode.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to report ads for not working

There should be a button or something that shows up on ads to report them for not working. If someone follows all the ways to make ads work and then it still doesn't, then it's the ad and not us consumers. Please make a better way to report ads for not working and making it more consumer friendly to get rid of if an ad doesn't work. Even if it helps to make us pick another one, do it. That way we don't have to lose our place in our shows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No political ads

After being at work all day I like to come home and escape in a tv show. One of the reasons I got hulu and netflix is so that I can watch what I want and not have to deal with the outside world. Regular advertisements are fine but ads campaigning for either political party is exhausting. I have to hear peoples political opinions all day and would like to come home and relax. I don't have the money to upgrade to the no advertisement plan and I understand that you are probably getting paid a decent amount by showing…

267 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  93 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base