Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please remove new 'Insidious' ad from programming, especially any/all cartoons/family shows!

Way too scary for everything except R rate TV/Movies. This ad came up while I was watching Parks & Rec with my daughter next to me and it really surprised both of us, and my daughter was very disturbed by the scene shown in which the monster(?) ghost(?) lady literally sticks her finger into a young woman's neck. Totally not something either myself or my family want to see!!

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop Scary & Offensive Ads

I am deeply disturbed by the Insidious commercials I am forced to repeatedly watch. Hulu needs an option to mark commercials as offensive

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inappropriate Ads

Please remove the Dolce Gabbana soft core **** ads from Pokemon!

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Over 5 mins ad time in 23 min show!

Keep the ads to a reasonable limit! If this is not TV and a paid service, you can't justify 105 second ads every 7 mins. Keep them reasonable if you don't want to lose us all to Netflix!

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Take out the commercials for my commercial free subscription!!!

I'm super frustrated because I left sling to subscribe to hulu live with no commercials and yet I feel like I watch more commercials now than when I had cable! I know when I signed up there were a few shows listed that said commercials had to play which is fine. But i've watched 2 shows tonight on 2 different networks and both have been loaded with commercials. You can't advertise no or limited commercials and then throw in the same amount or more commercials than I would have had on any other provider.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No Commercial Subscription - some shows still have commercials

To avoid watching commercials, I pay for a a commercial free subscription. I pay extra for this feature, yet now there are some shows that are exempt from this subscription and show commercials before the show will play (Agents of Shield being one example). This is a terrible way to treat your customers. If you charge me extra for a feature, it should be without exemption. I can understand the limitations with live TV, but on anything prerecorded it both disrespectful and dishonest to charge for an ad free experience, then make me watch ads. My idea is this: Either…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent commercials when you've rewinded and fast forwarded.

On touch screens it's really easy to accidentally rewind to another part of the show. In order to find where I was, I'm forced to sit through multiple ads that I've already seen. SUPER ANNOYING.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Commercials!!!!

Playing the same got dang commercial 5 freaking times during a 30 minute episode is a good way to lose customers! Also, how does it make any sense to play a commercial before the intro, after the intro, before the ending credits and after the ending credits, make any sense to you? Are you trying to push away customers? So glad I'm going back the no commercials package. Only way this is worth it.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Advertisers submit alternate ads so we can blacklist ads we find irritating

Ask your advertisers to submit alternative ads so that we can blacklist one ad in preference over another.

For example: The seasonal Old Navy ad with the woman singing out of tune is the most horrifyingly annoying thing I have ever encountered in advertising. It plays at the start of every video I watch and sometimes during commercial breaks. I would watch literally any other ad twice just so I don't have to keep hearing that ad over and over. It is killing us. Please help.

For the record, because of this ad I am going to make every effort…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Age Appropriate Ad Content

My 8 year old son suffered through a few days of heightened anxiety and distress after being exposed to repetitive ads for violent Hulu content while watching A Christmas Story. #1 I pay $40+ for Hulu each month - and I have to watch Ads during a decades old movie?? #2 EVERY commercial was about another show on Hulu and EVERY show displayed indirect gun violence AT THE VERY LEAST... and killing and death during most. Of course, we have to watch the same 3-4 ads OVER AND OVER - my son literally was literally losing sleep- even missed some…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Commercials only at beginning of episode

I have the Hulu plan that comes with Spotify Premium Student, and I understand the necessity of the commercials as I am not paying full price. However, I find the amount of commercials in an episode to be excessive and very disruptive to the idea. Reading through other people's posts, I know I am not the only one who feels this way. My suggestion is to just put all the commercials together at the beginning of the episode and make it so they cannot be skipped, just how it is for commercials right now. Hopefully, as they will be all…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Family Friendly Ads

Could there be an option to have family friendly ads depsite watching shows that are geared towards adult. We watch The Strain in the evening however are bombarded with Trojan and Adam & Eve commercials. It is slightly awkward when younger ones come through and these are playing.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Commercials during live tv cut in the middle of the dialog and action of almost every show and movie

There has to be a better way to add ads to the show then just randomly put them where ever you feel like it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thumbs down commercial I'm not interested in.

Thumbs down commercial I'm not interested in. I'm not interested in seeing commercials about cancer medication. I've experienced a death in the family recently, and it would be nice not to have to be reminded of that every commercial break. It's really offensive to want to watch some television, to distract myself from what's going on at the moment. And have to watch the keytruda commercial every commercial break. Your advertising people really should have figured this out by now.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Issues with the Commercials playing on commercial free plan

We have paid for the commercial free package and when we play shows from our list (that are not from the DVR or live TV) we are still viewing commercials. We have called several times to the customer service and they are unable to explain annd distinguish on an Apple TV Gen 4 what is in their hulu library being considered commercial free and what is esstintally a replay of a television show watched on tape delay (has commercials). We would propose a way to distinguish between what is commercial free and what is not since we are allegedly paying…

333 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  92 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. English and spanish commercials

Now please...please...do something about this before i find another streaming website, im very annoyed with commercials that play on my account seeing that im english and not spanish i would like to stop hereing commercials in spanish....its stupid! I cant even comprehend what is being said and it irritates the **** out of me, out of know where all my commercials are in spanish and its ********

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Commercials louder than show

This was made illegal by the FCC and Congress. It is completely noticeable and the first noise from the commercial is a VERY loud noise. We play Hulu with a sleeping Newborn and we have to lower the volume of the TV when we think a commercial is coming. Fix this or I'll file a complaint with the FCC

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Should be a list of Shows that will have commercials when you sign up for Commercial Free Option.

If you know ahead of time before purchasing the No Commercial Free option, then you are not as likely to feel like you are being ripped off. The list will also point out which networks/shows are the most abusive in their requests which would redirect users anger to the networks and away from Hulu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why would I pay HULU for commercials?

Netflix, HBO, ********, Amazon Prime no commercials. Why in the **ll would I pay HULU to watch commercials? Your crazy. I'm canceling this after my second day.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. COMMERCIAL OVERLOAD

I am not going to read through all these posts to determine if I am duplicating another thread... I have too many commercials to watch for that... I'm just going to launch in to my complaint: I have not opted for the commercial-free version of Hulu, and I don't mind watching the commercials you serve up (although I would prefer not to be constantly subjected to the same litany of commericals, which I tend to tune out more than normal) but I find it extremely vexing that the Hulu system cannot seem to keep track of when it has obligated…

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base