Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voting for ads. to see ads. that are actually relevant to the viewer

Can we please implement a system that let's us put a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" to advertisements, since we MUST have them?

We, the viewers, deserve some way to have a better experience.

With a voting system, we can "thumbs down" an ad. that we are not fond of, so that we don't keep seeing it repeatedly, every commercial break.

A perfect example: the commercial for "our cartoon president" is just so UNfunny, that it makes me cringe every time it starts.
    I'm not saying this because I love trump, I'm saying this because it is tasteless and just…

221 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  50 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cancel Political/Issues Ads

I am very upset that Hulu is running ads from Americans for Prosperity. I live in Missouri and Hulu is running ads for this Koch-funded organization to attack Senator McCaskill. Regardless what candidate I support, I do not expect to be bombarded with political adds when I am watching Hulu. Product ads are part of the deal, political ads from special interest groups are not - or at least they should not be. If you continue to run these ads I will be forced to cancel my account. I am also notifying the Facebook community about this, so you can…

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about NOT seeing ads when you pay extra to avoid them? Not referring to shows on the ad list.

I pay extra for the no-ad option. I know some shows will force you to see ads anyway, but how do you report shows off that list that shove ads at you anyway? What am I paying for?

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Equalize Advertisement Volume

There are certain ads which have a much higher volume than other ads. In my current experience (using Apple TV), there is an ad for Boost Mobile which is about twice as loud as the show itself or any other ads. It's so much louder than the other content and I end up scrambling for the remote to turn it down anytime it comes on, only to have to turn it back up when complete.

There needs to be an analysis of received ads, and the ads need to be volume-adjusted to prevent these ridiculous volume spikes.

192 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  25 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to Block Ads about Alcohol (for recovering alcoholics)

There should be an option to block ads pertaining to alcohol, specifically. Ads about alcohol can act as a trigger to encourage recovering alcoholics to drink. This is particularly true on the Hulu platform, as it's common to see the same ad played multiple times during one episode of a show, and many more times if a viewer watches multiple episodes of the same show.

I understand that Hulu is a platform that gets money from ad companies, but it also gets money from its users directly, so I think there should be an option to block ads that might…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I’m paying for no commercials but still watching them!!!

Stop playing commercials on non live tv. I’m watching Survivor from yesterday and watching 115 seconds worth of commercials.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop showing me Spanish commercials. I do not speak Spanish.

Stop showing me Spanish commercials. I do not speak Spanish. Makes me want to turn off my shows because 8/10 commercials are Spanish...

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change your advertising of no commercial plan.

It needs to state LIMITED commercials. Saying it is no commercials is dishonest. Please say it is limited commercials. To sell this is as a limited commercials plan, you need to be honest about how much less commercials are being shown with the plan versus if you just watched the show on the regular network. For example, provide actual data supporting the fact that you are showing less commercials than what a person would see on the regular network, (how many less minutes of commercials vs regular network). One of the shows we watched on the no commercial plan had…

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow rewind during commercials

I’ll get back to the commercials eventually so will have to watch them.
    One example is that I missed the last few words stated before the commercial started. Another is that I was away or distracted then a commercial break started before I could rewind or pause.

PS: Especially due to the current buffering/skipping issues.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  11 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Too Many "Limited Commercials"

We've had Hulu for several years & have been pleased with the service until the last several months to a year. There used to be 2 short commercial breaks during a 30 minute show for a total of about 1 minute of commercials. Now commercial breaks are typically over 1 minute each. Last night as we watched an hour long show, the commercials increased in frequency as the show progressed. Towards the end, commercials played about every minute & lasted for 30 seconds each which made the show very choppy to watch. Regular tv has fewer commercial breaks! Once we…

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Commercials - Please Stop

Please remove commercials from recorded shows if user pays for "commercial free" Hulu plan.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove alcohol adds from Mom

It is completly unethical to have alcohol ads accompany the show Mom, which is about an alcoholic mother and daughter trying to cope with sobriety. Every single episode has multiple alcohol adds, or worse, the episode is presented by an alcohol company. This is directly preying on the vulnerabilities of others and is not moral. This show is trying to relate to those in a similar position and it is sad that those in the position cant view because of these triggering adds. Please remove them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop showing ads before the last thirty seconds of a show

I'll deal with ad breaks, that's fine, but having to sit through a minute and a half of ads to watch the last thirty seconds of a show is annoying and pointless. I like watching the little bloopers or extra scenes that some shows include at the end, but I skip it most of the time because I'm not going to watch ads before it and then have to watch another minute of ads before starting the next episode.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us an option to block types of ads

Please give us a way to block types of ads. Whether it's horror movie ads, condom ads, ads for mature content, etc, please give us a setting we can use to block certain types of ads.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Political ad

In the section were we can personalize our ads, can we get a question about political ads? I'm just sick of seeing a bunch of ads for conservative politicians whenever I try and watch shows on Hulu. Any other ads are fine but I would like an option to be able to filter out certain political ads or all political ads.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop replay of the same commercial

Rewatching the same commercial is annoying

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Commercials on No Commercial Plan

I pay for no commercials and STILL get commercials in my content. WHY????? Fix this.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Should be a list of Shows that will have commercials when you sign up for Commercial Free Option.

If you know ahead of time before purchasing the No Commercial Free option, then you are not as likely to feel like you are being ripped off. The list will also point out which networks/shows are the most abusive in their requests which would redirect users anger to the networks and away from Hulu.

159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  27 comments  ·  Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop the ads. I pay the same for Netflix, without ads. I shouldn't have to pay extra for no ads

Same price for everything. Like Netflix. The ads are ridiculous. I'm paying for shows, not commercials.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base