Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to turn off the "number of unwatched" episodes button / tagline

I would like the option to turn off the colored button that says "number of unwatched" episodes. REGARDLESS of whether I have watched them or not. I find it very distracting and annoying. If I want to watch I will. This constant reminder about what I have an haven't watched seems to serve no purpose, and I don't like feeling like a website is rebuking me for not watching enough TV. Some people find it very useful and thats great. I'm not saying get rid of it. But as a user I would like the option to turn it off…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle Unwatched Notification

Unwatched Notification. I watch series both on Hulu and on Cable TV. It is confusing when I come to Hulu and see the "3 Unwatched Episodes" tag on a series, but when I click on it I realize I have already watched them somewhere else. It would be nice to have a checkbox on each episode that I can click on "watched" to indicate I've watched it, even if not on Hulu so that the notifications would be more accurate.

For instance, SideReel tracks your TV shows and allows you to mark specific episodes or entire seasons as "Watched" or…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. notifications when someone has added a device to my acct

notification for a device added to acct such as a playstation ,computer,another tv, smart phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sounds when dolby digital 5.1

I want tv show o movies streaming doby digital 5.1 sound

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Get notified

Get notified on your device when one of your shows has a new episode

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New episode advisory

Instead of white and having it blend into the background can it be a different colour or possibly larger for individuals with poor eyesight.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop emailing me

I have unsubscribed from emails multiple times and I’m still getting them. Stop emailing me unless there’s a problem or change in my account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The notice, "There isn't anything to watch here right now" when network takes a show off is, in some way I can't quite put my finger, vague

The notice "There isn't anything to watch here right now', a notice which is apparently posted when a network takes a show off Hulu, (or for whatever reason), is in some way I can't quite my finger on, vaguely offensive. Mainly, Hulu is very well put together but this phrase is quite irritating. The phrases goes to the edge of being rude, or feels that way to me. If a show is no longer available, how about taking it down or saying it's no longer available but the world's full of double-talk and we don't need anymore, so how about…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. advance notification

Why am I not notified of networks moving to upgraded plans? I watch C&I and HLN all the time, really the only reason I got Hulu in the first place as I'm addicted to true crime shows. Only to turn on my Hulu to discover I no longer have access. No I'm not interested in upgrading my plan to 3x what I'm paying to have access to live TV. If I wanted live TV I have regular cable as well. Getting frustrated with this and ready to cancel my subscription

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expiring Videos

I go months at a time without watch Hulu because I get tired of the ads that other services don't have and it's pretty frustrating to decide to watch something and all the videos are expiring. Would be nice to get a notification beforehand. Right now I'm basically just giving you $8/month for absolutely nothing at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Holds

When someone puts a hold on their account give them a warning notification before it's reactivated and immediately charged because they might have just chosen a random date and not want it to be reactivated yet!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notify users of outages/service degredation so they don't have to contact support

Providing end users with proactive transparency is infinitely better than them not knowing what's going on. I had to contact support to learn about an outage where ads are displaying for commercial free accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Billing notification

Notification that bill will be due 2 or 3 days from now so i have time to make sure funds are in my account

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications when networks pull shows

So after talking to an agent I found out that networks pull shows without any warning so I don't know it has expired since it wasn't in the expired tab. I was in the middle of watching the show or I honestly might not have noticed. When this happens it would be nice if Hulu reached out in some way. It would also be nice if we could be given a way to contact that network so that they know there was interest in their show.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New and expiring content notification

It would be nice to have a tab with a list of new or expiring titles for each month showing the precise dates such titles will be added/removed so we don’t have to search for arrival/expiration dates of single shows.
    You could show the list for several months ahead so we can have enough time to binge watch intended or currently watched shows

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Surveys

I received an email from you today requesting participating in a survey with possible reward of $100 giftcard. I was very heartbroken to see that because I do not have a computer, I cannot participate. Please make your survey to be used with any device, I have been a longstanding customer and feel very denied/left out. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Me also, it might be nice to have a better way to see when expiring on the page4:32:32 PM we had to search to find it4:32:42 PM so if it

expiration banner so with date or days remaining so you know when something is to expire.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When you have the rights to movies for a limited time, like the James Bond collection, subcribers need to know

When you have the rights to movies for a limited time, like the James Bond collection, subscribers need to know

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mark both episodes new if they release together

Shark tank has this problem. I have skipped many episodes. Both should be Mark new so you always play Oldest unwatched first

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base