Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need an already watched button. Who else hates the *unwatched 50 episodes* when you saw them already

I HATE SEEING THESE *328974 UNWATCHED EPISODE* NOTIFICATIONS WHEN I SAW ALL THESE EPISODES OF A SHOW 5 TIMES EACH FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Post dates when a new series will be loaded

I have been waiting for over a month for the episodes of Prison Break to be loaded up. There is no date or anything to suggest when they will appear. Can you please thing about adding the Episode tab, and jus t posting an expected by date on that?

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mark both episodes new if they release together

Shark tank has this problem. I have skipped many episodes. Both should be Mark new so you always play Oldest unwatched first

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. “Are you still watching?” Notification on phone

Have the notification come up on smart phones as well so we can press “yes” from phones instead of searching for remotes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a "quick check" to the web page to determine if Hulu is having streaming difficulties.

I spent over an hour resetting devices (Roku and Fire Stick) and my modem due to streaming issue. I finally called customer service and was told that Hulu was indeed having streaming issues (12/21/17). If there was a way to quickly check the web site to determine if Hulu was having problems, it would have saved me a lot of wasted time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expiring After a Month?

A month ago, I went browsing for shows to add to my stuff, (what a juvenile name for a category). I then added entries I hadn't seen before. Now a month later, they are gone. Almost as soon as I added them, I found them on the expiring list and was forced to binge watch them or lose them.

I am disgusted that Hulu pretends let me choose what to watch.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Combining Posts

I went to the ideas, comments, and posts I've supported, (Feedback) and discovered the combined result has nothing to do with the original post.

Is this forum such a big joke to you that you have the nerve to disrespect what we write by throwing ideas into a trash file? Why didn't you sort ideas by type of device so things make sense to those who read, (like I wrote before that got deleted)?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My stuff

When I add new shows to my stuff on my phone it doesn't show up on my computer and I don't get notifications for new episodes either. Can someone help me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show number of days for EXPIRING episodes in ROKU app

I would like to be able to view the number of days before episodes are EXPIRING in the ROKU app, like is show in the PC browser interface. It would also be nice if you had the option in the EXPIRING tab to sort the episodes by what will expire first. Would allow for a better management of episode viewing before episodes drop off.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notify when Hulu no longer plays a show

It would be really useful to me if I got a notification when a show on my watchlist was no longer on Hulu. I've missed episodes of shows that used to be on Hulu but got moved to other streaming services.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expiring Videos Notification

In the Android app, it's nice that there's a separate tab for expiring videos, but there should be other notifications. Having to remember to check that tab to see if there's anything in it hasn't been working too well. I just happened to look at it the other day, and I had a bunch of things leaving in less than a week.

My suggestion would be to add an "Expiring" badge to the show/movie image in My Stuff, so that we can see if anything is expiring as we browse our shows. And/or have the Expiring tab change color when…

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What Happened to Notifications Feature?

I thought this was one of the features of Hulu Live? Getting notifications for upcoming favorite shows and games.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base