Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unwatched Episodes

If you insist on telling me how many episodes of a particular show are unwatched, please tell me which episodes I've missed. Right now I'm being told I have 2 "unwatched" episodes for a show that I know I have watched ALL of the episodes of.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give us a heads up when our credit card is not working.

instead of canceling our service because our credit card has expired, why not give us a notification screen that something is wrong and please contact customer service. I spent a whole day trying to fix my account and talking to customer service before I realized what was wrong. All I needed to do was enter a new card with a valid expiration date and everything was fine. but nothing ever explain that to me. Even customer service didn't know what was going on and couldn't access my account to enter a new credit card number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Toggle Unwatched Notification

Unwatched Notification. I watch series both on Hulu and on Cable TV. It is confusing when I come to Hulu and see the "3 Unwatched Episodes" tag on a series, but when I click on it I realize I have already watched them somewhere else. It would be nice to have a checkbox on each episode that I can click on "watched" to indicate I've watched it, even if not on Hulu so that the notifications would be more accurate.

For instance, SideReel tracks your TV shows and allows you to mark specific episodes or entire seasons as "Watched" or…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to turn off the "number of unwatched" episodes button / tagline

I would like the option to turn off the colored button that says "number of unwatched" episodes. REGARDLESS of whether I have watched them or not. I find it very distracting and annoying. If I want to watch I will. This constant reminder about what I have an haven't watched seems to serve no purpose, and I don't like feeling like a website is rebuking me for not watching enough TV. Some people find it very useful and thats great. I'm not saying get rid of it. But as a user I would like the option to turn it off…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. notifications when someone has added a device to my acct

notification for a device added to acct such as a playstation ,computer,another tv, smart phone.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Technical issues

Technical issues that last for days or issues that Hulu knows are not going to be a quick fix should be announced to the account holders some how. Maybe via email? I’ve been getting error93 message for three days now. Very frustrating when I’ve got to Contact Hulu first thing in the morning because I can’t connect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a way to prevent notifications of suggestions.

Provide a way to disable Notifications. I do not wish to receive notifications on my Android device. A more passive approach would be acceptable, e.g. provide a Notifications or Suggestions menu option that would allow me to view such things when, and if, I choose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get notified

Get notified on your device when one of your shows has a new episode

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More clarity in error or update messages/Notification of policy changes

New messages appearing, stating current device is disabled, due to lack of refreshing home location within 30 days, then directing you to go to your account page and select home in the bottom right hand corner. This message appears non-household devices (phones, tablets, etc.). The content is misleading, as this was not necessary 30 days prior to this date, or 60 days prior. Secondly, there is no home to select on the bottom of your account page, and what actually needs to be selected is the set or change home button on your individual profile account page. This is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New episode advisory

Instead of white and having it blend into the background can it be a different colour or possibly larger for individuals with poor eyesight.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notify users of outages/service degredation so they don't have to contact support

Providing end users with proactive transparency is infinitely better than them not knowing what's going on. I had to contact support to learn about an outage where ads are displaying for commercial free accounts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Holds

When someone puts a hold on their account give them a warning notification before it's reactivated and immediately charged because they might have just chosen a random date and not want it to be reactivated yet!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. advance notification

Why am I not notified of networks moving to upgraded plans? I watch C&I and HLN all the time, really the only reason I got Hulu in the first place as I'm addicted to true crime shows. Only to turn on my Hulu to discover I no longer have access. No I'm not interested in upgrading my plan to 3x what I'm paying to have access to live TV. If I wanted live TV I have regular cable as well. Getting frustrated with this and ready to cancel my subscription

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Billing notification

Notification that bill will be due 2 or 3 days from now so i have time to make sure funds are in my account

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications when networks pull shows

So after talking to an agent I found out that networks pull shows without any warning so I don't know it has expired since it wasn't in the expired tab. I was in the middle of watching the show or I honestly might not have noticed. When this happens it would be nice if Hulu reached out in some way. It would also be nice if we could be given a way to contact that network so that they know there was interest in their show.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mark both episodes new if they release together

Shark tank has this problem. I have skipped many episodes. Both should be Mark new so you always play Oldest unwatched first

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notify when Hulu no longer plays a show

It would be really useful to me if I got a notification when a show on my watchlist was no longer on Hulu. I've missed episodes of shows that used to be on Hulu but got moved to other streaming services.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. “Are you still watching?” Notification on phone

Have the notification come up on smart phones as well so we can press “yes” from phones instead of searching for remotes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base