Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Poor live TV experience

I am very disappointed with the live TV experience and ended up down grading my service back to basic HULU with HBO added.

I use a ROKU ULTRA hardwired to my home network with over 100 meg download. I constantly experienced repeating, buffering, loss of voice/video sync, and issues with program steams failing in regards to live TV. I also found the menu clumsy. I have now switched to a different live streaming service and do not experience this. And it kept getting worse. I do not experience this with the new live TV streaming app I now use.

158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the buffering!

Here's an idea -- fix the buffering problem for live events that you've been saying you're working on for the last 3-4 months. The mantra from Hulu customer service has been "we're working on fixing our buffering problems" since October when I first signed up and discovered that streaming a live sports event without buffering and skipping is almost impossible. It's bad enough when the game pauses in the middle of action. Your software makes it worse because when the buffering is passed over the game jumps forward and you miss what happened when the stream paused. If you want…

209 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buffering/freezing, confusing and annoying interface.

1) Fix buffering/freezing issue. Until this is done, the live TV service is unuseable.
    2) Change the interface and provide a more user friendly live TV guide. The Hulu interface in general is the worst of any VOD or streaming service on the market. Customers want a clean, organized, easy to navigate interface. In addition to functionality issues, the background colors are annoyingly vibrant in many cases. The only thing more frustrating than trying tirelessly to find a program I'm searching for, is to have to stare at 65" of bright pink/purple screen.

201 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Super Bowl

I wanted to let you know that I’ve been an Eagles fan for over 35 years and have been waiting my entire life to see them win the SuperBowl. Tonight’s broadcast was cut off with 2 minutes left in the game. Not a tech issue. Thank you for stealing my dream

175 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  101 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skip back, buffering

The feed skips back 3-4 seconds (instantly, not after buffering) every 10 minutes or so. Also, the buffering is getting more frequent and longer. Any suggestions on how to improve/fix this?

137 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We see alot of comments from Hulu - working on this, etc.

We see alot of comments from Hulu - working on this, etc. Instead of improvements things are getting progressively worst. HULU - when will we begin to see improvements. Other do not seem to have buffering issues - why do you

177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scrubbing too sensitive on touchscreen mobile device

Whenever I’m watching via touchscreen device, anytime my skin comes into contact with the screen the video scrubs to a new spot. There should be a long press option to activate scrubbing, a way to lock the screen from unintentional scrubbing, or a status bar that is the only way to scrub. There’s also a related issue that happens 9 out of 10 times when I swipe up to see my control center but get forced further along or behind in my video and I’m forced to see ads that I’ve already been through. Really annoying and I feel it…

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  40 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix buffering problem

Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem! Fix buffering problem!

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUFFERING ON LIVE TV

The buffering issues needs to be seriously addresses. It’s frustrating, and the response I am getting from Hulu is that it is on my end. My download speed is typically in the 200-300’s and I am positive that the Roku is getting at least a consistent 80, and still Hulu Live TV buffers.

And Hulu hasn’t taken any responsibility in acknowledging the problem. All I get when contacting Support (besides a 30minute wait on hold) is someone telling me it’s my internet connection. IT’S NOT!

I’m hoping to stick it out with them until the n3xt updated app comes out.…

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please fix your buffering issues!

I had to abandon the Live TV package due to buffering issues. I just couldn't watch live sports with it. I have opted to maintain my account with the $7.99 package, until the issues are resolved. In the mean time, I'll be using another live streaming service. I hope you fix this issue. Your channel lineup and built-in DVR service is perfect for my needs.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better TV Guide layout

When will there be a better, easier to navigate TV Guide for Hulu Live TV? Something like what Comcast has. Now that I cut the cord I miss the simplicity of the Comcast TV Guide layout. It was much easier to see what was on at any given time and what was coming up. I think more people would be willing to try Hulu Live TV if the layout wasn't so confusing. Also, when is the increased framerate coming to Roku? Will that help with the buffering issues? I still question myself on my decision to drop Comcast every time…

107 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please fix your buffering problem, that's all I'm asking.

Please fix your buffering problem, that's all I'm asking.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE go back to the old format. I tuned in today to watch my favorite shows and the system is now USER-HOSTILE!

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT. THE NEW SYSTEM IS USER-HOSTILE - I HATE IT AND MAY END MY SUBSCRIPTION NOW.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. buffering needs fixing

constant buffering needs fixing

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You have 3 seasons of Lucifer and since Fox cancelled Lucifer for football

Since Fox has cancelled the show Lucifer will hulu pick it up? I really do enjoy this show and I was so upset when I found out Lucifer was being cancelled. I don't ask anyone for anything but I'm asking hulu to pick up Lucifer. I've made comments on Facebook, Twitter and did everything I know to do to help save Lucifer. If I miss an episode of Lucifer I can always count on hulu to have it! All my friends and family that watch Lucifer told me since all 3 seasons are in hulu they're gonna get the hulu…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the skipping and looping that began 3-4 weeks ago or Beta testers will bolt.

The fact the this issue has gone on this long indicates you do not have proper beta development methods.

92 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  6 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Auto-play. I'd like for auto-play to be connected to content that I've showed interest in, rather than content determined by an algorithm.

Auto-play. I'd like for auto-play to be connected to content that I've showed interest in, rather than content determined by an algorithm.

Right now, when I'm watching and a program ends the site/app auto cues content that is deemed to be similar in content and genre to what I've just watched. The majority of the time I am not interested in whatever gets auto-played. And as it stands, there's no way for me to indicate whether I'm happy with the auto selections.

I'd like to have the auto play function play the content that I've already indicated interest in, or…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Constant buffering/freezing and skipping back. Not worth the price...am ready to cancel and go back to cable.

Constant buffering/freezing and skipping back. Not worth the price...am ready to cancel and go back to cable.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Beta video player keyboard shortcuts

Right now with the beta video player in Chrome you can't control video at all with keyboard shortcuts. I hope this isn't planned for the final product, because right now you can't pause with 'Space', go into fullscreen with 'F' or even seek through the video and adjust the volume with the arrow keys.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?