Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Existing full screen mode at the end of each episode

I hate the new setup. It's extremely annoying that it keeps automatically existing out of full screen mode at the end of each episode and makes it a small box on half of the screen while the other half shows the next episode and suggestions. Why do I have to keep pushing the full screen button after every episode? It already was available for me to exit full screen if I wanted to and view what's next. I don't need and strongly don't want it to e,exit out of full screen mode at the end of each episode especially if…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix portrait viewing mode on the phone app when auto-rotaste is turned off

I understand Hulu’s motivation for adding a portrait viewing mode on their phone apps, but it was added incorrectly.

My primary concern with portrait mode is relevant when auto-rotate is turned off (which is how I keep my phone). if I have my phone on its side and watch a show on Hulu or YouTube, the viewing mode starts in portrait, but I can turn my phone, click a ‘full-screen’ button, and enter landscape mode. With YouTube, the phone will stay fixed in landscape mode if the phone is turned, which is also how Hulu used to operate and how…

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop autoplay at the end of a season or series

Stop autoplay at the end of a season or series. It is annoying and frustrating to have a random show come on that you don’t want to watch and after you turn it off the show stays in your watched list with no way to remove it so Hulu keeps auto playing it.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Anime viewing options

I would like to be able to watch dubbed episodes of Naruto, Fairy Tail, Boruto and all the other great anime. I would also like the dubs to be easy to find and not just mixed in with the subtitled.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Old Hulu

go back to the old hulu ,the new is horrible when you finish watching an episode it downsizes so you have to fullscreen it every time you finish an episode very annoying

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Super Bowl

I wanted to let you know that I’ve been an Eagles fan for over 35 years and have been waiting my entire life to see them win the SuperBowl. Tonight’s broadcast was cut off with 2 minutes left in the game. Not a tech issue. Thank you for stealing my dream

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  101 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Updates for Smart TVs!!!!!

Can you PLEASE update the Hulu App Firmware for older Vizio Smart TVs!!!!??? The Hulu app on this smart TV lags & is old! And it's needing an update so I can actually keep track of my shows!!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. One device streaming at a time is stupid!

One device streaming at a time is stupid! Who has one TV in there house? Every other streaming service allows more than one. Why Not HULU?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an "auto" feature to the captions

Add an "auto" feature to the captions so you don't have to keep turning them on each episode. I would like to be able to keep my preferences saved and not have to worry about any extra hassle.

I keep having to turn captions on every single time I watch something and it's inconvenient. I can't hear very well and when I don't remember to manually turn on captions, I end up not being able to hear everything that is said and I miss key parts of my shows/movies. Netflix has the capability to remember my preference, so why can't…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flip channels like the old days!

We should be able to flip up and down or right and left to allow channel surfing the way we all know it and love it! Channel surfing is an American pas time! Please allow us to sit back and flip away with maybe a quick overlay of the network logo and small description that fades away after a second. Thanks!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Scrubbing too sensitive on touchscreen mobile device

Whenever I’m watching via touchscreen device, anytime my skin comes into contact with the screen the video scrubs to a new spot. There should be a long press option to activate scrubbing, a way to lock the screen from unintentional scrubbing, or a status bar that is the only way to scrub. There’s also a related issue that happens 9 out of 10 times when I swipe up to see my control center but get forced further along or behind in my video and I’m forced to see ads that I’ve already been through. Really annoying and I feel it…

135 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  42 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Autoplay

Allow user to COMPLETELY turn off Autoplay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Update the barely functioning Hulu tv app

Please please please update the tv app. It is so bad and barely works.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Your user interface is terrible compared with Netflix. Agent had to find out how to change subtitles which were suddenly appearing

Your interface is TERRIBLE compared with Netflix. Today I had to call because my subtitles were suddenly in Spanish. The agent had to actually look up the answered because the logical way to change it was not working. I had to push UP, UP and the right to access setting. Really?? I also had to change my language to Spanish to get English. Ugh

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off the guide.

The new guide is awful. Please provide an option to disable it. The viewing screen is like a postage sramp.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop auto play on shows I have not expressed any interest in

Please stop auto-selecting shows to follow.

Context for request:
    For the past few months, Perfect Strangers follows every show we watch. We have never selected it, but it continues to auto-play following each show we watch EVERY SINGLE TIME. We have never expressed any interest in the show; however, it continues to play with no option to remov

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the freaking algorithm

When I try to resume my episode it begins it from the beginning so if I'm 3/4 to an episode guess what I got to start from the beginning and said was 6 blocks of one of many commercials that is the wrong freaking answer a customer shouldn't have to pay 4A services not working I see your little Ploy here what you guys want to do is have the customer get so upset that they go to the non-commercial side and pay you more money how's about simple fix when I'm watching my episode and I go take a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we have all seasons of all anime shows in dub and sub format

Can we have all seasons of all anime shows in dub and sub format

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)