Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live TV Buffering Issues

Hulu needs to eventually fix the buffering issues. It doesn't happen as often on my Android device but using Windows10 PC it happens quite frequently...granted it is in Beta I consistently get 100Mbps DOWN/ 100Mbps UP which is plenty. This is a direct fiber connection from my ISP. It happened frequently when I was trying to watch a little of the Formula1 race this morning. Buffering issues should be non existent in today's time if the company is willing to open the pipe large enough. Nothing else was going in my house to cause Internet lag issues.

1,467 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Working On It  ·  800 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Buffering

The buffering is getting ridiculous. We can't go more than a couple of minutes without buffering. I did their speed test and it revealed 16 Mbps. I'm posting my results as proof https://speedof.me/show.php?img=180103030614-693.png - I'm voting for everyone else's and posting my own so that Hulu will get the message. The community board is plagued with this same issue.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Offline Download

Let us download shows for offline watching like netflix.

216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  21 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Buffering Issues, and Stalling

I am currently a new Hulu customer, still within my free trial month. I have been a Netflix customer for over 12 years. I have very little trouble with streaming through Netflix and it works great on my WI, Android Phone, and Tablet. However, Hulu is proving to be a bit disappointing. The screen quality is not always as sharp as Netflix. Often during programs there is long connection time and buffering, Sometimes I get a message saying that a problem has occurred, but no explanation to the what the problem is. Other times Hulu states it can not connect…

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  15 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Watch all episodes of a season

Just joined Hulu. I watched the first episode of a show and then had to skip to the 6th! What happened to episodes 2,3,4, and 5? I have had Amazon and Netflix for years and would love to branch in to some new shows and movies, but having huge gaps in a season makes binge watchers unhappy customers. And the fact that I couldn’t just sit back and relax because the show randomly stopped..buffered..started in a new place..buffered..restarted.. was like going to work instead of coming home from work.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Buffering.

Hulu needs to fix the buffering issues. Tv episodes buffer at the beginning every single episode. It'll buffer so much, its extremely frustrating. Starting to make me regret switching to it. I'd love to be able to enjoy what I'm paying for.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Buffer issues and server errors

The buffering issues appear way too frequently and make the content unwatchable. Currently watching via Macbook and it literally buffers every three minutes. It also tells me that there is an error connecting to the Hulu server at least five times an episode. I tried viewing my Netflix account to see if I experienced buffering issues there, so I would know whether or not it was poor internet connection on my end or the site's poor connection. My Netflix worked perfectly fine loading episodes without any buffering yet my Hulu streaming has an immense amount of buffering/connectivity problems.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. filmstrip needed for fast forward and rewind

i'm trying to cut the cord so i'm experimenting with hulu and one major thing frustrates me: no filmstrip displayed during fast forward and rewind so i can see where i am in the video, so i know when to stop ff or rw'ing

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fast forward and rewind

Please fix the fast forward and rewind feature to actually show you where you are. Not like the previous version that was always off. See if you can get it right this time, like Netflix. Thanks

253 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  69 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please GET RID OF THE DARKENED SCREENS (for Roku app)

This continues to be a major issue for watching. As I have explained to many of your reps over and over and over and over and over and over and over. When you pause, FF, rewind, and after pressing play again there is 4-5 seconds of darkened screen as the show plays. NO OTHER ROKU APP DOES THIS (and that includes Netflix, Amazon, NFL, NHL, MLB, etc.).
    Hulu has become THE MOST ANNOYING APP ON MY ROKU 3. PLEASE GET RID OF THE DARKENED SCREENS...

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More noticable where Live content is. Fix streaming problems

Roku and recently even on the web the buffering issues have become way to unwatchable! please fix this or i'll be forced to look at a competitor!

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop freezing and cutting off the ends of live programs based on clock time.

Hulu is really a very bad service. Today, there were two very close NFL games. The Niner vs. the Titans and the Raiders vs. the Cowboys.

In both games, the team behind was close to scoring to take the lead and win the game.

And what does Hulu do? They use a clock to determine when the game should.d be over EVEN IF IT ISN'T OVER.

In their warped sick mind, the game is over and the signal freezes. Try as one might to see the last minute of the game, that show has scrolled off the service at a…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple Screens, Seriously, stop ripping people off

There needs to be an option to watch on more screens at a time outside of Live TV. It's ridiculous that every other streaming service is capable of providing this, at the same or cheaper price, and it's not something you offer. Oh wait, you do offer it, as an upgrade for Live TV, which brings the price to around $55/month I think it was. Are you kidding me? Just make it a service available to everyone, I assure you the people that want it will be willing to pay a little extra, just ask Netflix considering the fact that…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen dims while player controls are displayed

On the updated Roku app, after you pause a show or rewind for 10 seconds, when the video starts playing the ENTIRE SCREEN IS GREYED OUT FOR 5 SECONDS!!!!! This is really annoying and horrible. It makes watching tv unpleasant. Please remove this new "feature."

205 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  51 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Buffering issues.

I use FireTV Sticks on both my TVs. I have only the on-demand subscription with Hulu. Though I will miss seeing come of my favorite programs, I plan to let my Hulu subscription lapse because I can't take the buffering any more. A non-Hulu tech person I spoke to said that Hulu is a "broadband hog." Surely in this day and age Hulu can fix the buffering problem.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Too many button presses

When I start watching, I have to select my profile, which is idiotic because I have only one profile, then go Right to My Stuff, then Down to the first show with new episodes. Once I click Enter on the show, I get to another menu.
    I have to press the Down button to go to the actual episode, then press Enter (again) to watch it.
    When I'm done, I have to press Exit 3-4 times to get out of there and back to the main list (My Stuff)
    Then, when I'm done watching, I need a few more Exit…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need easy fast forward/backward on hulu with accurate thumb nails

I cannot easily go back or forward 10/30 seconds or more while watching. As it is now, there is a clumsy, inaccurate interface. I try to click and approximate where I want to go back (or forward), and always land way too far off from the desired scene. There needs to be a button to click, and the thumb nails need to display more accurate points for where one is going to land when clicking on the timeline - as there is on Amazon Prime Video streaming. (I view hulu in my Chrome browser on my mac computer.)

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix streaming & buffering issues

Hulu needs to fix issues with streaming. Some shows stream with no problem, some (30 Rock) have constant streaming issues. I’m paying extra to watch without commercials. The streaming quality has gone down since the most recent update. Furthermore, I couldn’t easily find a way to report streaming issues to the support team. At this point I’m considering canceling my subscription.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve Live Stream Motion

The motion during live streaming content is not very good. Movement is often blurred, sometimes to the point of a slight after image. PS Vue and DirecTv Now by comparison play a lot smoother. One of the 1st times I noticed this was the news ticker on CNN. The text was all blurred. It's especially apparent during live sports.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Captions Are Out of Sync

Captions for many shows are out of sync and show up before the audio/video so it's like an instant spoiler if you have them on. If Hulu doesn't want to go through each show it could at least have a calibration option that fine-tunes captions for everyone based on calibrations provided through the community.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base