Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extended recording time

Some of the shows that I have on my list to record get cut off for the last 30-60 seconds of the show. When I used to have cable, there was an option to record shows for an additional period of time. I would like to suggest that Hulu live has that option.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DVR Scheduled Recordings page

There should be a page that allows you to see all the scheduled recordings for the next 2 weeks or something.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Newly Recorded DVR Episodes Should Be Available Right After Show Is Over

It seems that I have to wait two or three hours to be able to view a new show that has just been recorded. It should be almost instantly available, or at least within a few minutes.

157 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  15 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better quality DVR recordings

The DVR needs to record a better quality stream. There have been many instances in which my recording has been unwatchable due to stuttering and skipping issues with the recording - even after trying to replay the same scene.

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No advertisements when viewing DVR content

I'm watching a previous episode of Meet the press and no matter if I fast forward I am presented with commercials.. I'm not sure what I'm paying for on no commercials plan and DVR if the DVR will still show you commercials.

85 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. watch shows on dvr while being recorded

You should be able to watch shows on the dvr while they are being recorded, and as stated in another idea the show should display in the dvr menu screen while it's being recorded. this is especially true where when watching on the dvr I can skip commercials, but if I go back to the beginning of a show that's being recorded, it will let me do that but won't always let me skip commercials. I usually start watching sports [especially football] about an hour or two after they have started so I can skip commercials, half-time shows, time outs,…

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DVR keep

User should be able to mark recordings as "Keep Forever" allowing all other recordings to be deleted before this show is deleted to be recorded over.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better DVR Experience

I find the add-to DVR experience confusing at best; DVR options for YouTube TV and Sling TV are more straightforward, intuitive, and less clunky. It might be good to take a look at the competition

--making 'my stuff' the add to DVR option is confusing
    --->how about just calling it 'add to DVR'

--for today's live TV, it would be best to have a master schedule view (see http://www.tvguide.com/listings/ for an example)
    --->this way you could look at what is on TODAY's schedule
    --->putting the shows on for DVR should be a right-click/add type affair or at least a sandwich/drop-down…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feedback

Live tv buffers way too much. I find i am missing half of the show sometimes due the buffering and it then cutting out mid scene to go to commercial. It would be great if you could look into fixing this as it is quite inconvenient and if it doesn't get fixed i will have to drop this option because i am paying foe something that doesn't work properly.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. adding shows to "my stuff" should not automatically add them to DVR

Separate "My Stuff" and DVR. Adding something to 1 should not automatically add it to the other

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want the option of recording new episodes only, not reruns on different channels.

I want an option to record new episodes only. A lot of shows I watch are aired several times a day. I don’t want to record all of them.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DVR fast forward should be part of the normal DVR service and not an additional $15 fee.

The basic DVR service should include fast forwarding through commercials. Charging $15/month for a feature we get with cable (and Vue offers for free) is a deal breaker for cord cutters like myself since Hulu is now more expensive that cable. ($55/month)

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Major improvements to DVR needed

1. DVR recordings should be available immediately after a show is recorded, or better yet - as it's recording. With cable, I mostly used DVR to start shows after they've started so that I can fast-forward through commercials. So that feature would be nice. But having to wait hours or even days to get the DVR'd content is just ridiculous and defeats the point of DVR as most shows are available OnDemand by then.

2. DVR'd shows shouldn't have ads. You should be able to fast forward through all ads and not have any Hulu ads at all.

3. All…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Record on Demand Option

While watching a show, there should be an option to hit the record button, that will save the show or episode you are currently watching to your DVR. Often if in the middle of. Show, and I get interrupted and need to leave my house, I should be able to just hit record so I can come back to the show when I am available again. When you start watching a show, you can rewind it all the way back to when you originally tuned into the show. So when pushing a record option, it should record from the time…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DVR functionality

Hey Hulu....this function on the app is too much detail....why are you listing every recorded show individually when you should be grouping the shows together....I have to scroll thru too many screens to find which eposide on which program I want to watch....consumers want info with speed not baby lists that take a long time to comb through....this is the 21st century of technology and not the original windows 95 launch!....we love the services CSE so keep it going but get some more efficient programmers please....

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  17 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hhh

Several days into this using Apple TV. I have not yet recorded a show but I have several issues with the DVR. I came from a satellite service and I lived on my DVR. I rarely watched live tv.
    1. Make it easier to record shows. Just add a button that says record.
    2. Make it easier to record a series first run only.
    3. Make it easier to see scheduled recordings in one location.
    4. Make it easier to actual recordings in one location and grouped by show.
    5. Make it easier to record a show while watching.
    6.…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DVR // Hulu Library = Not Truely DVR

Having the DVR dependent upon the show "not" being in the Hulu Library is extremely restrictive compared to other cord-cutting options and is not truly DVR. If life gets busy and I want to catch up on a show that I've fallen behind on only to find out the Hulu library only has the last 3 episodes not the last 6 then the DVR is pretty well worthless and the Hulu library fails to make up the difference. To compound this issue buying extra DVR space or a package without commercials is also a waste since the commercials are still…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make NFL Games Available When Game Ends

Ive got my local team setup in My Teams so that all games will be automatically recorded. Today's game was at 4:30 and was over around 8:00pm. Here it is past 9:00pm and the game still isn't showing in my DVR. Last week was the same, over an hour before the game was available. It seems to only happen with NFL games. College games, tv shows and movies all seem to be available as soon as they end.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recording Premium Add Ons

You should be able to DVR shows from HBO and ********. I just switched from cable where I paid the same premium fees for those networks as I do with Hulu but was able to record them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  DVR (Live TV Only)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base