Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Extra Overlap time on recordings

Give the option to recordings start early/run late just a few minutes. A lot of channels don't have accurate start/stop times so a lot of my recordings are cutting off the last minute of shows. I would be willing to take a hit to my DVR space for the assurance that i have the whole episode.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DVR vs On Demand

Shows previously posted on demand are now taking up my DVR space since I upgraded my subscription.. I still want them to show up in “my stuff” but they should not be taking up my 40 hours of free space if they are on-demand.

Still love HULU and I have cut the cord!!

176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  16 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why do I have to watch ads on my DVR? That is the purpose of a DVR, to skip the ads

I pay for No Ads, but you make me watch Ads on my DVR. This is frustrating and deceptive.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You HAVE to fix the sporting event timing problem

I missed the last 2 minutes of tonight's basketball game because your DVR insisted that it end at 2:30, even though games often go a little over. The only reason I added Hulu Live to my Hulu subscription is to watch sports. People have been complaining about this for a while, and nothing's happening. The basketball playoffs are on, and I'm going to (reluctantly) be trying out YouTube TV and Sling as alternatives because people tell me those services have figured this out. You're driving customers away because you can't seem to find a solution for this one simple problem!

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DVR Scheduled Recordings page

There should be a page that allows you to see all the scheduled recordings for the next 2 weeks or something.

292 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  54 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New option to allow fast forwarding of ads.

Add option to fast-forward through ads without having to subscribe to the full $15 for 200 hrs. of recorded time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Manual Schedule DVR

The ability to manually schedule the DVR would be great for live events to ensure the entire sport is recorded for situations when it runs longer than the scheduled time allotted. Four user inputs would be needed: channel, date, start time and end time.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow single episode recordings

There needs to be a way to record one episode of a show without recording every episode. When I tried to record Sports Center, the next day I have 8 or 9 episodes recorded, many of them are the exact same show which repeats multiple times during the night.
    It would be even better if you could set it to record every day at a particular time, say 2:00 AM. That way you can know you have all the scores and highlights from the day before and can skip the commercials and their long-winded commentators. But just being able to…

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  2 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Commercials shouldn't count as DVR time.

Commercials shouldn't count as DVR time.

How is it that 40 minute show eats an hour in the DVR bank??? Commercials.

Not only do you add a ridiculous amount of commercials to your Live TV (way more than the broadcast or cable equivalent), but you dock DVR time for them as well, and you can't even fast forward through them. I don't want them, I pay for commercial free, and I most certainly don't want to record them.

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The way to record is terrible - need a way to do it from a channel you're watching

We should be able to hit record button from the same little menu where we rewind or pause or fast forward.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi there. It is not even a question - it is suggestion.

Hi there. It is not even a question - it is suggestion. With the DVR service it would be much easier for the users if all recordings would be organized by folders. Lets say NCIS all recording would be in one folder and Blue Bloods would be in another folder

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let me watch the DVR version of show from "My Stuff" instead of having to select it from Manage DVR

Right now, if you look at a show/episode from my stuff, I see a little icon that shows if it's recorded (it is a checkmark with the words "REC" next to it on iOS and AppleTV).

One would assume that if you select this item, since it says that it's on my DVR, that it will show the DVR version of the show. It doesn't. Instead, it shows the "On Demand" version of the show where you can't skip commercials.

I talked to Hulu support and they said that the only way to watch the actual DVR version of a…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DVR playback resume or start from beginning

After exiting the playback of a DVR recording and returning it would be nice to have the option of resuming playback where you left off or starting from the beginning. (Amazon Firestick hardware)

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can I see my future recordings?

I think it would be helpful to see if any of your shows in coming week are in the line up for upcoming recordings? Also, is there a setting to group recordings. I have multiple recordings for a show (I am behind on the show). It would be easier if all the episodes recorded for the show can be easy to see together, e.g. single folder or something similar.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rewind Live Recordings

I feel we should be able to rewind live recordings, so even if a Live show is still being recorded, we should be able to go back to the beginning while it's still recording, and not have to wait until the entire recording is finished before being able to watch. It should be able to do both, record and watch from the beginning. The fact that we have to wait seems ridiculous. If I record a baseball game and want to catch up mid-way there is no way to do that. I have to either just watch Live and miss…

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MY Stuff and DRV Recordings access and commercial free service

When I access a Recording on the MyStuff page, for example in TV Shows, there are many shows, especially on CBS that playback and do NOT allow me to skip commercials, even though I pay for that service. However if I access the same show from My DVR or Manage DVR, they playback as expected, allowing me to skip commercials. This is 100% repeatable. Please fix!!!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better DVR Experience

I find the add-to DVR experience confusing at best; DVR options for YouTube TV and Sling TV are more straightforward, intuitive, and less clunky. It might be good to take a look at the competition

--making 'my stuff' the add to DVR option is confusing
    --->how about just calling it 'add to DVR'

--for today's live TV, it would be best to have a master schedule view (see http://www.tvguide.com/listings/ for an example)
    --->this way you could look at what is on TODAY's schedule
    --->putting the shows on for DVR should be a right-click/add type affair or at least a sandwich/drop-down…

273 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  24 comments  ·  DVR | Recordings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why do I still have to watch commercials when I have a show recorded on my cloud DVR?

Why do I still have to watch commercials when I have a show recorded on my cloud DVR? I'm paying for no commercials for on-demand programming anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue, but somehow it is. Why does the Hulu Live DVR not work like a regular DVR???

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DVR not user friendly

If a show records in real time why can’t I watch it later why do I have to wait til the next day. This is not true DVR then

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?