Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the queue!

Fall TV is starting up and not having the queue is UNBEARABLE. I was convinced that there was something wrong with my account, and it turns out there have just been updates. Really complicated, awful updates. I love Hulu and have been using it for years, but if I can't log in a go straight to my queue of new episodes that have been uploaded, whats the point? It truly makes me want to cancel my account and go back to tv.

3,788 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  1005 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add user definable playlists with shuffle capability

I want to be able to take specific episodes or entire series and put them into a playlist. For example make a playlist called Scifi and then add Stargate, Star Trek, BSG, etc etc into one giant playlist that i can click and have it give me random episodes out of the content in the playlist. Like a TV station that includes only the shows i like to watch and will give me a nice even shuffle of "reruns" to enjoy. Having them user definable would allow me to put all my crime shows like castle NCIS CSI etc into…

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  14 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Button to mark show/episode/season as watched

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Include a button where you can mark a show as watched if you actually watched it live or through some other means. it keeps recommending episodes I have already watched and the only way to get them off the list is by actually going in the episode,playing it, and forwarding to the end of the episode. It's extremely cumbersome. It seems there should be an easier way to approach this. You could add a button on the lower left side of the show in watchlist, just like the "+" to add to watchlist on the right.…

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When browsing have a "don't watch" option

When browsing have the option to put a show/movie under a "don't watch" tab. I keep seeing the same dang shows that I am NOT interested in under my home/lineup. I would like to see new or other options. But it just seems to repeat the same shows over & over again!!

548 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  51 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Hulu Great Again!

It used to be great, I could log in...and there it was...a usable watchlist. It had nice little green bubbles to let me know there were new episodes and it automatically filtered the list to have the newest episode updates first. it was...divine.

I am not sure who sold you the mumbo-jumbo that millennials (or anyone) wants to "search things for themselves"...but sorry Hulu, you got sold some oceanfront property in Arizona.

While it may be true for discovery of "related" tv...such as an actor you like in a show you are presently watching appearing in other shows or similar…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop Prioritizing your recommendations above my chosen queue

I've noticed that Hulu now prioritizes recommendations above unseen NEW episodes on my watch list.

Historically, recommendations came after my shows, specifically when I had nothing left.

If you must continue to promote your content, please do so after my chosen list. Not before, or mixed in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BRING BACK THE QUEUE & Mark episodes as watched!

I do not like not having my new episodes sent to me in an email. I also hate that I cannot mark episodes as watched in case I watched them on another platform.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blocking shows from appearing in our lineup might fix the new garbage UI

Allow us to block shows from the Lineup. My lineup is always half Reality TV. I do not now, nor have I ever, watched Reality TV. I appreciate show recommendations, but it is always the same shows I am absolutely not interested in viewing. Allow us to block them from appearing in the lineup so at least something I may be interested in viewing can take its place.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better “My Stuff” Needed

Okay, I get that our favorite shows are now known as “My Stuff” but now it’s entirely impossible to actually use. You can barely tell if you have new episodes and it’s impossible to know how many episodes you need to catch up on at all, deeming this list worthless. The old user friendly features on our favorite shows need to come back please!!! The whole new look is pretty difficult and ugly as well. Ugh!

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be nice if new episodes were automatically added to my Watchlist instead of having to manually add them all,

It would be nice if new episodes were automatically added to my Watchlist instead of having to manually add them all,

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make The new Hulu user friendly

I find the new Hulu is not meeting my expectations. It takes several clicks to get to “my stuff”. Once therenit is difficult to quickly determine which shows have a new episode. Also, if I was the a show from my iPad, that doesn’t register to when I watch on my Apple TV or Fire stick. So it says I have a new episode, but I really don’t. I have not found an easy way to delete these episodes from my que. only able to delete the entire show.

Please make it easier for your customers. I enjoy Hulu but…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to rate the shows i like or don't to help Hulu decide what to keep . and i want to cast videos from phone app to T.V.

First thank you for adding Malcolm in the Middle Netflix had cancelled it this year and I cancelled my subscription with them because of this secondly
    We need casting option for phone app .because it is far simpler to browse from phone them from a t.v. remote . third . if i can rate what i like or don't like Hulu can take this in to consideration on keeping popular videos like Malcolm in the Middle or community shows that I love

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Separate My Stuff from Things to DVR (want a place for favorite shows but some dont need DVRing since available on hulu eg. the Voice)

This Add to My Stuff concept is confusing (select an episode, it records the episode, select the show, it records the show)

-Just add a normal button that says Record and give users the option of recording an episode, a series, etc and choosing how much to save on their dvr (eg latest 1, 5 episodes) (Learn from the cable companies)
    -add a separate feature called My Favorites or My Stuff (I want one place for my favorite programming. I like the show The Voice and This is Us but I don't need them DVRd and taking up space when…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to see my watchlist in alphabetical order because it is overwhelming

I don't like the current setup with regards to my watchlist. I have to stroll all the way down to the bottom to find shows that are in my list. I would like to be able to have them in alphabetical order or at least have the shows I watch the most at the top

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Where is the "+" sign to add a movie to my queue?

At least two movies that are available - I know this because I can play them from the movie's page - do not show the "+" sign, so I cannot add them to my queue/watch-list... is this a common error?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RETURN WATCHLIST FUNCTION

Somehow there is no access to my watchlist or even the "my stuff" option that's available on the app. Please, please develop a function that allows the user to curate their own list of videos they want to watch. Also, add the ability to remove shows from the "keep watching" list.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My stuff not syncing

I have multiple devices linked to my Hulu account, but with the new "My stuff" everything is not syncing properly. I will put it in my stuff on my phone, but it does not show up on the web page or my Roku.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Watch List/My Stuff

Why doesn't my PC Watch List appear in TV My Stuff? I use my PC to find latest episodes, newly added programs, new movies to watch and add them to my Watch List but they don't show in My Stuff. I guess I don't understand what the My Stuff list is. I would think they would be one in the same.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Selective DVR

We need to be able to choose which shows are recorded via DVR, rather than have everything in My Stuff record. I’m paying for No Commercials, and getting commercials anyway on shows that didn’t have them before I started giving you $30 more for Live, because it’s pulling from the local channel rather than the app. It makes me feel like a chump, paying 4X as much and getting less. And I’m not a chump. You have 2 months to get a fix for this. At that point, if it’s not fixed, I’ll be busting my account back down to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base