Experience

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default to my stuff (not lineup)

(Roku) app should start with my stuff not "lineup". When I start the app I'm not looking for new shows, I'm looking for my shows. If I want to search for something new I'm happy to make an extra click to get to search/new shows

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Watchlist across devices

There are a couple shows that for some reason are still showing up on my watchlist long after I removed them. What I don't understand is that this only happening on my Xbox and phone. What's even worse is that Whatever I add to my list on my phone and xbox DO NOT show up on my Computer and vice versa. Its very irritating to have 2 different profiles on my account knowing that its all because somethings up. I feel like canceling my account and open a new one because of this issue, and its very difficult to contact…

734 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  127 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better DVR / My Stuff Options

We should be able to choose to have a FAVORITES List (or you call it My Stuff) and a recording option. When we are digging around discovering new shows, would like to mark them as a Favorite to find later, and not load up the cloud with all the recordings.

And we need to have a way to choose if we want to record just one episode or the whole series.

197 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  32 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. teams

Teams is cryptic at best. When I follow a team, make it easy to get to the games. Half the time teams and sports get confused and you can't tell what is on. This is one of the weakest elements of your interface.

105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  15 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There are shows I *NEVER* want to see anywhere in the apps/devices. How do I indicate "NEVER show this to me again"? Some of the content cho

There are shows I *NEVER* want to see anywhere in the apps/devices. How do I indicate "NEVER show this to me again"? Some of the content choices REALLY bother me. They go against every personal principle. They bother me enough to cancel my subscription and never return. I need your help here. This seems like Product Design 101 - Don't **** off the customer. I watched a show once to see what it was about and thought "OMG, I never want to see that again" and the algorithms keep popping it to the top "Don't you want to continue watching?"…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. new episodes indicator/sorting

The classic Hulu interface sorted my watchlist by what shows had new episodes available. This was nice. Now I have to dig through everything to find out which shows have new eps. This is the same behavior as on Netflix, and I hate it. It sucks because Hulu respected my time by showing me the new stuff immediately. Now you don't.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please bring back the queue!

Fall TV is starting up and not having the queue is UNBEARABLE. I was convinced that there was something wrong with my account, and it turns out there have just been updates. Really complicated, awful updates. I love Hulu and have been using it for years, but if I can't log in a go straight to my queue of new episodes that have been uploaded, whats the point? It truly makes me want to cancel my account and go back to tv.

4,089 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1094 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rewatch Episodes or Series feature

It is annoying having to rewind shows and movies like a VHS. Please, implement some kind of a rewatch system, much like that of Netflix and most other related services, where once the episode or series has been watched, it goes back to the beginning. Thank you

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User Forum for Questions Instead Of Beta Feedback

I want a user Forum, for questions to be asked, answers to be posted, and a search function. I've had Hulu for less than 24 hours, and am frustrated with a growing list of questions I cannot find answers for.
    Clearly Hulu formerly provided an actual user forum, because instructions for it are located at:
    https://www.hulu.com/forums/info
    Is there actually a forum, or did Hulu just erroneously leave up the instructions for the forum they used to have?

I'm not interested in posting feedback, I just want answers. I bet many of my questions are questions others have, and if there…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow me to choose display order of shows

Roku 3500X App Version: 6.5.0 Platform: SetTop

Hulu Classic (previous version) would display my watchlist content so that shows that had new episodes would appear at the top of the watchlist. With this interface, after I click to My Stuff I have to dig through the entire queue to see what shows have new episodes available. This is something I don't like. Please put the shows with new episodes at the top of the queue so I don't have to scroll through everything to find new episodes. Or put the shows with new episodes in a new section at the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add watchlist category of favorite TV shows and movies to home menu

I would like a new column for Watchlist to be added as the first category on the Home menu before lineup. The lineup category is mainly recommendations of what to watch. When I add my favorite shows and movies to My Stuff they will show under My Stuff menu under separate columns for TV shows and Movies. I would like a comprehensive Watchlist of all favorite TV shows and Movies (on demand and Live) to be listed on Home menu.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why do I have to sync my Watchlist to My Stuff? Syncing is redundant and irritating.

Why do I have to sync my Watchlist to My Stuff to view on Roku? Why isn't the Watchlist available on Roku? Why have two functions that are essentially the same, but each only available on certain platforms? It's all very redundant.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a "Suggestions" Section

This way all users could see what shows have been suggested (by title search or by ranking?). By creating a Vote/Ranking system (same as this section= 1 vote per title), users could also Vote on said suggestions & that title would move up in the rankings. As i do not see a way to way to suggest titles without listing each separately here....

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  My Stuff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. shortcuts

How about adding shortcuts to the home page, my stuff and new shows so your don't have to scroll through a million pages to get where you want. Hating the new update!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Channel Black Out

Support told me a channel is blacked out even though it is part of my subscription. We selected Hulu due to the channel package we wanted. There are certain films at certain times that are not showing within Hulu on that channel (TCM). I need to know this will be resolved to continue my subscription..

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show cancelation indications

I would like some indication of a series being cancelled or if it is still releasing episodes. Ideally it would state whether new episodes were being released on Hulu or when the new season may be aired or not, but I would certainly settle for a "series air date 20016-20017" type of indication if that were the case.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is there a solution yet on how to get rid of shows that you don't want to watch anymore on my stuff

Im so glad I saw this site. I've been so frustrated. I'm trying to delete shows from my "My Stuff"
    No matter what I do the show is still there.
    Now I'm glad to see I'm not alone that gives me some comfort, but please Hulu fix it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?