How can we improve Hulu?

Live TV Buffering Issues

Hulu needs to eventually fix the buffering issues. It doesn't happen as often on my Android device but using Windows10 PC it happens quite frequently...granted it is in Beta I consistently get 100Mbps DOWN/ 100Mbps UP which is plenty. This is a direct fiber connection from my ISP. It happened frequently when I was trying to watch a little of the Formula1 race this morning. Buffering issues should be non existent in today's time if the company is willing to open the pipe large enough. Nothing else was going in my house to cause Internet lag issues.

1,467 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason White shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

800 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's completely ridiculous. I have 50 down 30 up internet, with no problems anywhere else except Hulu. Last night the ad played fine, then it wouldn't buffer the show. This was the 3rd time in about a week I've had buffering issues.

• Bernard Hurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had both Sling and Hulu and I never had a buffering or stuttering problem with Sling. I constantly have that problem with Hulu. I will also say that I prefer the format of Sling. I am sure Hulu will probably go through some changes and correct the problems, so I could be back. But until then I will return to Sling.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The buffering is awful.... tried to watch the warriors and cavaliers game and gave up. The only reason I have Hulu is to watch sports. I'm about to drop by subscription. Their support is awful too.... I've tried to complain to someone but get stuck on hold for too long.... I guess they have a support buffering problem too.

• Clancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check this out, I was having a lot of buffering issues and I was about to go back to cable/satellite; but I was determine to make it work based on the savings. I finally fixed the buffering issues by trial and error. My first mistake was buying a wifi extender. This actually reduces your signal. I finally learned how streaming works. 4k tvs and high resolution televisions work on something called downloads mbs. I brought a TP-Link Router which sends out a massive wifi speeds with the potential of downloading at 50-79 mbs. I followed the directions by placing it up high on a shelf. Now I rarely buffer and only during peak internet usage which is 7-11 pm and my picture comes in at 4k resolution. If you live in a large house with an upstairs or a large family where everyone is on the internet it will degrade your signal and cause buffering issues. The only way around it is to get a very high quality router with the downloads speeds to stream video and games. Invest in a high quality router and you will be fine. Even during peak hours I watch live tv and sporting events with no problem.

• andy frie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

17 times so far tonight... Error code: cdn-dd40bf97

17 times...and it’s only 7:30pm. Looking into cable options I can’t take this.

• Michael Colvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely has to improve. I don’t watch enough live tv to make this worth it. Tested out Hulu to watch a few major games over the holidays and the golden globes. Occasionally be able to just flip through channels. The buffering is ridiculously annoying. And some of the commercials back up a few seconds and repeat it if it encounters buffering. Buffering makes it not worth the money. And it’s not my internet connection. How soon is this supposed to be fixed? If I have to contact Hulu once every couple weeks to do a reset and whatever other magic that’s tried to improve then I’ll be getting rid of this.

• Virginia Monk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Experiencing the same Excessive Buffering issues as everyone else! Hope they fix it soon - would hate to have to go back to Sling because Hulu Live has so many more channels I like but it is almost unbearable at times!

• Greg Bensch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One day into the free Hulu live tv trial and the only thing I can watch with no buffering is the ads. Probably going to cancel and go back to cable.

• Casey Gatchel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much longer until the buffering issue is resolved? I love the concept of Hulu Live but over the past 3 months of subscribing the improvements have been minimal. (I have confirm no issue on my network or signal side - 300mbps directly wired with Cat6 cable into back of Apple TV device. Please fix quickly.

• Kathleen Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trialing hulu but the buffering is so bad that you cant just watch a show without frustration. If course, the commercials stream perfectly!

• Chris Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a ps vue user, taking a test drive on hulu, I want to switch over. but the stuttering is bad!

• Jason Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am test driving Hulu tv as well and the buffering is killing me. I was watching playoff game only to realize I was 30 minutes behind the actual game. This needs to change quickly. I know it’s not my network.

• Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only about five days into my Hulu subscription--just switched over from DirecTv Now, which I had tried for a month before giving up because of severe buffering. Hulu seems slightly better than DTVN, but I'm disappointed to experience the buffering. Hoping that things improve. I may start avoiding watching television when I know that there will be a lot of viewer traffic (e.g., NFL playoffs, the Super Bowl, etc...).

• Robert Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve tried live tv on Hulu for two weeks now and can’t stand the buffering. Using 5 gig network with 100 gb service. Only Hulu live tv buffers like this on my fire tv tablet 2d generation. We’re going to drop and go somewhere else. I’m paying $40 for this. USTVNow doesn’t have this problem through kodi app at all. May try DirectvNow through firetv.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I sit here watching the NFL Playoffs and constant buffering. I am on a Roku ultra with a 60Mb hard-wired fiber connection. The game is the only thing I am streaming. I am tired of companies constantly blaming connections and everything else other than their capacity and ability to provide a good streaming experience...

• Joe Loring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was having buffering problems. Changed network so every Fire stick had a 5g connection. Buffering issues reduced considerably. Network also supporting 7 security cams with a BlueIris server. Trial period up in 3 days. Odds better now for pulling the plug on cable. See how it goes these last 3 days.

• Patrick Leaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this issue only on my Xboxone but not on my Apple TV. It seems to happen more so on how watched tv episodes. So my guess it’s server issues. It happens way to often though.

• Alis Ramirez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hulu with Live TV had me thinking my Wifi network was too slow.

Went out and bought the Orbi mesh router with one satellite unit, and the buffering issues still exist. I ran several speed tests and I'm getting 120Mbps download, so now I know it's not my network.

I understand this is in beta, but how can Hulu charge $40 for an unfinished product that is constantly buffering??

Not sure if I'll continue using Hulu until their issues are resolved.

Streaming through a brand-new Fire Stick (2nd gen). Frustrating.

• Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here...the main reason I went with Hulu was live sports. But the quailty is terrible...basically unwatchable. Constantly buffering or saying the service is unavailable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40

Feedback and Knowledge Base