How can we improve Hulu?

Please change the layout of Hulu back

My wife and I don't like the new layout. It's overly complicated. It's harder to navigate and scrolling takes forever. It took me a few mins to find a show I already started.

7,710 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamel and Belinda Nedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3303 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richard Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the staff at Hulu loves wants their new layout so much, that is fine. However, please at least give 'us' subscribers an option for a more basic layout to choose from. As for me, when I want to watch a program from any service, I want to find and watch a program....not to be accosted by some graphics artists latest attempt to show off all his latest software's bells and whistles. It is very annoying to say the least..Thank you for acknowledging the over 7500 votes for similar requests concerning this tip of the iceberg....

• Matthew Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new layout is so bad. I'm a User Experience professional. There is no way a real customer tested this and said ”What an improvement, I love having to click 4 extra times just to see my episodes. I also love accidentally starting the latest episode of everything when I'm Just trying to see the info." Please reconsider the new format or at least offer a classic view.

• brianwentzel@yahoo.com Wentzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone else. The design layout is still terrible. Please at least try to justify your actions, if you insist on forcing this on all your users. Or help them how to use it better

• m barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please go back to old format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or give us option to use old one!!!!!!!!!!!! i might cancel Hulu if you don't.

• Jérémie Lumbroso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there were a way to express that I really love the new interface.

Currently, I only use "My Stuff" but I have found that the Hulu is getting better and better at choosing the content that is displayed on the first page.

For instance, Hulu has understood that if I open the app around 7:20 PM - 8PM, it is probably because I want to watch Vice News Tonight on HBO, and so it makes this option readily available (or seems to).

I think the more you improve the recommendation engine, the more relevant this interface will be.

There is no way your (very nice) previous interface can scale to 50+ live channels and the armada of content you are acquiring.

• Marcus Hawley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The newnlayout is confusing and a step backwards. The shows on my watchlist from other devices are not available on my Roku now as the watchlist is gone. The shows do not show up in my stuff either. I marked a bunch of shows the other night to try in my living room but when i got to the bedroom on the Roku NONE of the shows were anywhere to be found. I DO NOT PAY YOU TO CREAATE CONFUSION AND WASTE MY TIME!!! Fix this or be cancelled.

• Sarah Engler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the last layout had its flaws but at least it was consistent and I didn't have to scroll through shows one by one it's awful I've taken to only watching Hulu on my desktop cuz at least I don't get lost just trying to find more information on a partucular show.

• Robby Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it should be rolled back because previous UI was awful as well, but it needs updated again because this current UI has flaws.

• Scott Rachui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It is REALLY bad. Enough to make me give up Hulu. I know you have significant content out there, but you essentially have to know it’s there and search directly for it or you’ll never find it.

It’s awful.

Oh and GET ALL OF THE SEASONS OF HILL STREET BLUES!!!!!!!!!

• Ryan Brackman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah you guys need to roll back the development to the previous version. Netflix is actually doing things better right now. Need some copy paste functions today.

• Tina Bella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I received this update on my PS4 months ago and haven't signed into hulu on that device since due to the incredibly inconvenient UI. today discovered that the update had been pushed onto my TV regardless of this currently 165 page thread of people consistently complaining about the new UI. Way to go Hulu, you're terrible now.

My favorite part is how my TV is telling me to press the X button for more info.

• David Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This layout is the worst. Please change it back!
    If I'm watching in bed without my glasses I can't read half of this text. At least with the images I could select by that. On a side note. I had 2 roku 2s which worked great with everything until hulu made this change which killed autoplay on the roku 2s where the app would lockup everytime it tried to go to the next episode, so I had to purchase new rokus and just saw the new format everyone was talking about. They were right it's really poorly thought out. I kinda have been avoiding using hulu for the last month due to these changes. I'm really hoping you change it back.

• Camille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Roku UI is the worst.
    a) I have to say who's watching when I only have ONE profile set up? That never should have passed the first proposal.

b) What's with the dimming thing on start, pause? There is no conceivable reason to leave the screen dim once play has resumed -NONE. Who thought it would be neat to watch several seconds in the dark?

c) I've seen a lot of posts here about actually ADDING to the click events to just get to something simple like the episodes for a show. Click the latest show, click *, click details, click up to episodes, click to find an episode. Really? First of all it's not intuitive to select *>Details on one episode to see if you can find the others. Second, episodes used to be right there where we could get to them.

Epic fail on the UI team. Just because you CAN update something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

• Morgan Melo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new UI is terrible. I see lots of posts but no comment from Hulu? Whats the scoop Hulu? will this be remedied or is this staying?

• julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really just want to find "popular episodes" on the fire stick app. Why is this impossible?

• David Kronmiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Confusing layout. Slow. Hard to find shows I normally watch. I do not like having to scroll forever. It's pretty bad. I stop using the app sometimes due to being frustrated with this new layout.

• michael kozma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

be seriously thinking of canceling Hulu cause of the new interface on Roku find I'm not using Hulu cause I don't like navigating new interface

• Ralph Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How could Hulu have made such a grievous error? They obviously didn't do the proper research to find out how their viewers would like this new interface. It's the most horrible "improvement" in the history of streaming TV.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 165 166

Feedback and Knowledge Base