How can we improve Hulu?

Please change the layout of Hulu back

My wife and I don't like the new layout. It's overly complicated. It's harder to navigate and scrolling takes forever. It took me a few mins to find a show I already started.

9,162 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamel and Belinda Nedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4059 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • matt sayler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came back after a long hiatus and remember the main reason I cancelled in the first place. The Roku app is horrible. No thumbnails, confusing to navigate, and closed captioning font is hard to read.

• P V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

interface doesn't work, can't quit easily, takes over tv, navigating is awful and slow. want a refund until you fix this since it is virtually unusable

• Dana Zellers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lots of negative feedback for the recent interface - but nothing has been done. What good are comments at this point?

• Michael Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the aesthetics of the new interface. It's nice and fun. But it is seriously missing some of the important things that the old U/I had. In a lot of places it feels way too enlarged and spread out for a TV. The size and spacing seems more like it was designed for a tablet and just scaled to fit. Which is very bad for user experience.

For starters when I click on "all watch history" the amount of shows visible on the screen at one time is way to few. I have a 65" tv and the more "all watch history" selection only shows six shows at a time (two rows of three). It should be way more, like three or four rows of five or six shows across for quicker navigation.

Also, the NEW episode notification is nice on the full screen shows, but when I'm on the deeper dive of the "all watch history", for example, I dont see a clear NEW episode icon like on the full screen version.

Another thing that is really annoying is that when moving from one room to another the recently doesn't seem to always match up. That would be nice if it was a little more instant. Especially if a series is 100% watched and done for the season or forever it shouldn't sit at the top of my watch history when I've watched several other shows since with new episodes still airing.

• Cynthia Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Listen to everyone who says change your sucky interface. Kathy Schrock said there was an update coming in the spring. Did you lie to one of the leading technology educators in America? The only reason I’ve kept this was for the Handmaids Tale and that season is over. I can sign up for a month when it comes back on and binge it in a weekend and cancel again when it’s over.

• David Reddick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - I just canceled as well. Since the terrible UI came out we just stopped using Hulu - too hard to navigate.

• K Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree! I can't find the previous episodes to determine which show I want to watch. It is not intuitive! Please revert to previous GUI!

• Rob Tester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get actual user input on how horrible your UI design is before you send it out. First you changed Amazon Fire, so I stopped using it, then you changed Samsung. When I stop using it again, I cancel my subscription.

Can't find anything easily without going to the search screen, what a total pain. This is complete junk, possibly should get an award for the worst design ever for a CONTENT UI. What kind of idea is it to have a lot of content and each item take up nearly the entire screen, horrible. Fire the exec who made this decision before your company fails.

• Robyn Taba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many of the other users. The layout is not user-friendly. I don't care about the New Coke design but can you bring back the old format?

• Weston Dattilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stopped using Hulu on my Roku tv, now my Samsung has the new interface. The new interface is horrible. Instead of 15 to 20 picture/text options on a single screen before scroll, we now get 1 picture and 2 text options before scroll. It's been said, "The brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it does text." Do you think you'll get more clicks with 20 options or 3 options on a single screen? Think - Picture superiority effect. This was a bad corporate decision. No offense, but this really is Marketing 101.

• A Espe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess I was able to stay on the old format until my credit card expired. When I updated my information I came back to a foreign format on Hulu. It is very very difficult to use and is not user-friendly in the least. The screen is very bland, and looking for the menu or the previously viewed shows I have is very difficult. I'm afraid that if this doesn't change in some way I'm going to have to cancel Hulu. I love the app and I love the shows but this is too hard to get used to using after what it used to be. An update isn't an improvement if it is too difficult to adapt to.

• Vonna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah Hulu. WTF? For one, white backgrounds cause eyesight problems, and for two, navigating is a royal pain **********.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 202 203

Feedback and Knowledge Base