new.hulu.com

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve new.hulu.com?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve browsing!!

The browsing capability on this new website is very lacking. I can no longer browse Tv shows by genre, If I browse by Genre I get movies without the ability to filter them out. The Tv shows that are provided to me are of genres I don't like and never watch. I thought Hulu was suppose to have this algorithm that learns what you like to watch?? It seems to be broken.
    Can no longer see what's been recently added. All in all the browsing really sucks, and unless I know for sure what I am looking for, it is…

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Space bar pause/Arrow key ff & rw/ minutes remaining counter/List of other episodes on play screen/etc

While I understand the need to update software to keep the service up-to-date, the new version of Hulu got rid of many elements that made the player easy to use and convenient for long watching.

*Space bar to pause/unpause
    *Arrow key short ff/rw
    *Minutes remaining counter
    *Other episodes from the show listed on the play screen
    *Jump to next episode button
    *Episodes remaining counter on front page

Please put these elements back in. Watching shows on hulu is so much of a pain now. These page elements are standard with other video streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, & Youtube. Even…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  8 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Back "recently added" page

Bring Back the the ability to search by "recently added" aka what was on last night!!!!!!! This feature was used every day I visited. And was the fasts way to get to whats new I wanted to watch especially when it was new and not on my list already.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I absolutely HATE the new Hulu..the navigation system is the worst EVER.

Please change or fix the navigation system. It's amazingly frustrating. I liked it better when you could SEE the lists of TV shows and you didn't have to do one individual show at a time. I liked when there was more variety in what I was choosing from. The old way was A MILLION TIMES BETTER. This new way makes me want to watch Netflix more.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GIVE ME BACK MY OLD HULU

It took me 15 minutes to even find this forum. Half of the shows I want to play won't play. But even if they worked, the interface, though prettier, is not as functional. It is often hard to find how to add a show to "my stuff" so I end up using "keep watching". Because the stuff I'm watching isn't tagged in my stuff.
    How do I divert back to old interface. It was easier to use and more functional.
    And how deep do you have to go to actually find help.
    There is no way to submit bugs, just…

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New format screwed up my watch history and it’s horrible

Not so much an idea, more of a complaint.
    1. New format has not recognized my watch history and I have over 20 shows that Hulu is telling me I have all the episodes to watch when I know I’m all caught up. Your customer service dude couldn’t help me after 30 minutes of trying.
    2. Why would you get rid of the all caught up section, dumb
    3. Why is the line indicating where you are on the screen at the top of your selection. Lines go underneath words/pics, this is basic stuff. Very dumb.
    4. I know everyone…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give us an option to only show the items in My Stuff that are available to watch.

I've had a lot of movies and shows in my watch list that are no longer available to view, and they're cluttering up the My Stuff page. I don't want to remove them entirely, because I want to see them if they ever become available again, but I don't really need them there if I can't watch them. It would be one thing if they were shunted to their own section or something at the bottom of the page, but they're intermixed with the movies and shows that I am able to watch. We should have an option of only…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. WATCH HISTORY, why is it gone?

Seriously, please put this back, it's basic, like your UX devs

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "My Stuff" Annoyance

Hi there. It is frustrating to have to click into a show's icon before I can add to the new "my stuff" feature. I should be able to add to my favorites from the main screen.

Which also I find is far less user friendly than your previous platform, as mentioned here a bunch.

Either way, you deleted all of my favorites with this switch, and are now making it a pain to reclaim them. Thanks,

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Browsing is laughably bad. Include meaningful filters, fix back button, community collections.

I use the website to watch, but not often because you make it almost impossible to find anything.
    Maybe in narrative form, you might understand actual user experience. Say I have someone over and we want to see an exciting nature/animal show.

It's not something I watch regularly, so it's not in my suggested (not that suggestions has ever had a good one). I don't know exactly what I want to watch, so I browse.
    First, "Animal and Nature" categorizing isn't listed in genre (just like sitcom, and many other useful groups). So I guess Documentaries?

There is a "science…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display original air date & recording date

Please show the original airdate as well as the date of recording/rerun (if applicable) for each episode in episodes lists and in the episode information provided with the video controls overlay while the video is playing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a "Watched" button

I would like to be able to mark movies, tv episodes, or full series as previously watched. It would really be nice to be able to track where I am in different shows more easily or mark what movies I have already seen. I like getting suggestions from Hulu on what I might enjoy, but I can't tell Hulu what I've already seen!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How do I opt out of the new interface?

The new paradigm of showing content in a modal is really frustrating.

How do I opt out of the new interface?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. bring back "not interested" to "new hulu"

..one thing missing from "new hulu" is the ability to hover over a new arrival, suggested titles, etc and click "not interested" and they be removed from the main page. this would be very helpful for "for you" suggestion, when they are never right anyways..this would ironically help the "for you" suggestions by letting hulu know, ooops he doesn't like our new items, etc

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. KEEP the old format

So the new layout is pretty bad.

For starters navigating seems to be a huge pain in the butt now. When you browse by genre it seems movies and TV are lumped in together and its very hard to just search for what was recently added beyond the list of like 10 movies. Old version you can just go to each genre and look at a recently added list that goes on forever.

Also you cant just search for dubbed anime anymore. and navigating TV shows is hard.

So i would keep the old format 100 percent and try to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Navigating Episodes

just out of curiosity am i the only person having problems selecting which episodes i want to watch with the new hulu? this new Hulu does not give me the ability to go back to previous episodes i have watched or even the ability to see how many episodes in a season a show has. please fix it.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the old interface still available, I understand the need for upgrades, but this is just not cutting it.

Personally I have not liked any of the interface improvements that you have been making. It is much harder to brows shows, you are trying to control what is presented to us to watch. My whole reason for cutting the cord is so i can watch TV "my way"
    i watch across many devices, most are not the same, and it is confusing...
    Add more shows, produce more shows, but stop spending money to improve something that already works...
    Just one mans opinion....

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I cannot leave new.hulu.com interface mode.. changing url to hulu.com just forwards back to new.hulu.com

I cannot leave new.hulu.com interface mode.. changing url to hulu.com just forwards back to new.hulu.com.. maybe some method to leave the new interface mode. it is too bright for me.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix firefox issues

fix the 404 loop currently being seen by Firefox users. 2 days now I cannot view hulu because I'm stuck in this loop. Customer service solution "Get a different browser"

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. on my watch list let me see how many episodes are unwatched for each program like the old version had

On the old version I could go to my watchlist and it would tell me how many episodes were unwatched for each title bring that back please

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base