Live TV on Mac and PC

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu.com with Live TV?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. interactive guide or link to TV Guide guide.

Have an interactive guide in the format of TV Guide or DTV Now and/or link to TV Guide where you could hit a + sign and you’d be recording on Hulu. I’m liking the service so far - way better than DTV Now, except for the guide issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide List of Recordings Scheduled to DVR

I don't memorize scheduled release dates for tv shows. For the 10+ years I had AT&T Uverse, I could just pull up a "List of Scheduled Recordings" to see what was going to be recording today, tomorrow, next week, etc. This would allow me to rest easy knowing that my AT&T DVR was on the case, ready to record something very important to me, even if I had forgotten exactly when it was returning to broadcast. Also, it allowed me to discover which shows might be missing from the schedule so I could add them. Surely, the system knows which…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Commercials with DVR service?

I have to say that I'm very disappointed that I have to pay an ADDITIONAL $15/month just so that I can fast forward through commercials for content recorded on the DVR. Either that should be rolled in for those of us who are already paying for commercial free service, or have a two-tiered commercial option where there's a price for commercials and then a price for commercials with live TV. I don't feel that tying that into the the enhanced DVR is a good value.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Hulu Live catchup to the Apple ‘TV’ app.

Currently regular Hulu content is available through the built in ‘TV’ app on Apple TV but Hulu Live has additional catch up that does not display though the ‘TV’ app.

Previously it seemed that there was no way for the TV app to know what level of subscription you have but the new Amazon Prime app can communicate which ‘channels’ you subscribe (for example HBO via Amazon Prime) so that the app knows what your particular account has access to.

Is it possible to update Hulu so that that additional catch up is available via the ‘TV’ app on Apple…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No good way to interact with live TV using touch in Windows 10

I'm loving the live TV feature on my Xbox One! Live TV is not currently available in the Windows 10 app although it is on Xbox One (shouldn't they both be the same UWP app?), so you have to use the browser to view live TV, but the web interface is not touch friendly. An example of this when watching TV, to view the guide, you must hover over the left side of the window with the mouse - touching makes the guide appear then immediately disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Grid need to show more info about programs

It would be great if the Guide would optionally display (say, if you click a "+" sign) more info about each program. Every cable TV guide I've used shows lots of metadata, such as plot synopsis, stars, parental rating & rating reasons, etc. So far, I can't find any of that info in the Hulu Live TV Guide.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Switch shows

Have a way to switch back and forth between two shows without having to search each time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live TV channel selection on NON-Touch laptop - HELP

When using a NON-Touch Windows 10 laptop, the ability to scroll down past what is on the screen does not work - Win 10 & Google Chrome

fortunately i have a touch laptop also, that i can scroll down with.

DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS VERSION
    Windows 10 Pro, 15063 build 15063,
    Chrome browser Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    on a HP Pavilion DV7

Works with this version
    Windows 10 Home, 15063 build 15063,
    Chrome browser Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    on a HP Convertible x360

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. navigation is very confusing

Too many menu's make it clean please. Text is very small to read on menu's to read on AppleTV. Service is great though.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The new live TV guide (browser only) is a good start, but...

I really want a full grid like one can find on any cable box or other streaming services such as Playstation Vue -- with a horizontal row for each station, and vertical columns for viewing times. I'd like to be able to see what's scheduled for several days out. Bonus points for providing the ability to view favorite channels only.

Minor irritation: the program guide seems to available only when viewing a live program. Sometimes I'll fire up the site, not planning to watch anything at the moment, but to check what's on later that day or night.

Finally, please…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Windows App needs Profiles

As the title suggest we need to be able to change profiles. As it is we are stuck with the default profile and cannot change it. As Firefox and Chrome both max out at 720p and no one uses Edge, this is a must.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Grid difficult to scroll

On the PC version, it seems like the only way to scroll thru the pop-out Guide on the left is to "flick" it up/down, like you might do on a tablet or phone. You didn't seem to implement any other scrolling capabilities; most notably, there's no scroll bar I can click with my mouse. This seems like a pretty glaring omission on a PC app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shrink Streaming window while browsing

When I go back to browsing, She current streaming window should minimize, not stop or disappear. and I should have the option to maximize it back (effectively cancel out the "browsing"). This is similar to going to the guide on cable - the current channel keeps playing in a small window in the background.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom Channel Grouping

In the browser, there are standard program groupings that are defined by Hulu. I would actually like the option to create my own and put the channels in where I want them. It would also be nice to put a channel in more than one grouping. (e.g., if you watch the evening news, you might want CBS/NBC/ABC in a "News" category, but you might also want them in something that's "Local Channels").

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A better way to find the local channels in your area. It takes too long to figure out how to navigate the system.

A better way to find the local channels in your area. It takes too long to figure out how to navigate the system. Another problem is when watching live tv the shows sometimes skips through the program. I don't even know how to access or control the DVR. I'm tech savvy and I still can't figure this out.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a way to start recording a tv show live without having to go anywhere else. When Watching a LIVE show, I need to be to press record r

Add a way to start recording a tv show live without having to go anywhere else. When Watching a LIVE show, I need to be to press record and have the show start recording to the DVR without exiting the live screen.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. in my hulu App i can set shows to record and watch them later, this needs to be a feature on the Browser version

in my hulu App i can set shows to record and watch them later, this needs to be a feature on the Browser version

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. watchlist improvement for DVR

Being able to search for a show on your computer and add it to your watchlist regardless of whether or not its on Hulu to stream would be nice. For example, I tried to search for The Kitchen (on Food network) so the system (Fire TV box) will DVR it for us this Saturday but it's not available on Hulu so it didn't appear on search...so there was no option to add it to watchlist. We'll have to wait for it to air on tv (use another app like TV Guide for an alert) and try to add it that…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There needs to be numeric channel ordering

I think that this idea may extend beyond just the Mac and PC experience, but it was one that I felt had a pretty strong impact on my browsing experience.

While the A-Z ordering of networks is nice, and useful for a lot of reasons, there needs to be some kind of number ordering system to the channels. 2-13 reserved for current (and possibly growing) local channels, 13-30 for basic cable channels, 30-40 for sports, and 40+ for movies, or something along those lines.

Really, this problem bothers me the most when NBC is channel 4 and something I can…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Live TV on Mac and PC

Feedback and Knowledge Base