Live TV on Mac and PC

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu.com with Live TV?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop trying to re-inventing the wheel

My idea is for you to take a clue from other streaming services, even your own, and go back to a more intuitive and accepted browsing format. The thin line above the selection is just... not working for anyone I know. Please shrink the image that represents the show... why are you the only service using giant images? It wastes space, takes more time to scroll, and turns me off.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Standard Grid Guide

Please bring back the standard grid guide that we are all comfortable and used to.
    Having a preview of each show makes looking for a show difficult with young kids in the house because they see the show previews for all shows, even the ones they shouldn't see. How else can I search through live or scheduled tv? I can't with your style of guide. I am may need to cancel... But I like your service the best!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Seen It Already and Not Interested

Thank you for adding the unwatched banner at the top of each movie and TV show and thank you for the watched Banner as well. It would be nice to seeing an option that allows us to tell Hulu we are not interested in a particular show or movie or even episode or maybe even a season. It would also be nice to see a way to tell you that we have already watched a particular show or movie or episode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Using computer up and down arrows on guide

Right now in order to scroll through the guide only the touchpad can be used. The touchpad doesn't work for me. Please enable the page up and page down arrows so I'm able to scroll easily when using the guide.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a grid/guide for live streaming viewing

It's too hard to figure out what's on TV for live streaming. Not all of "My Channels" always appear, and sometimes it's not even what's on. Further, can't figure out the difference between Lineup and Keep Watching. Not all the shows in Keep Watching I had watched before.
    Also, a grid would allow users to see what's coming up. Further, while watching live TV, should be able to bring up grid instead of going back to home page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to select kid profiles

Currently, I cannot select or see Kid profiles on the hulu beta from Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers. I only can select adult profiles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Parental code for adult content

Please provide a way to keep rated R (and up) content and channels from being shown on TV listings or a way to block it. Having a kids profile does nothing for kids who just switch profiles. A parental lock code like cable does would be ideal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need Option to add Networks to my stuff

We are needing the ability to add Networks to my stuff. I believe the option was there previously. We are needing option such as + or ellipsis (...) to allow user to add Networks to My Stuff. This is needed for PC version.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Live TV messes up episodes in browse

There are a few issues with Live TV and episodes. Firstly, after enabling Live TV, I've found that duplicate episodes appear for many TV shows—I think I'm seeing an on-demand version and a recorded live version. This looks messy and confusing. I've also found that in Keep Watching, sometimes a live version will be shown even when an on-demand version is available. Given that the Live TV version will often include ads, this is really irritating for users. Lastly, old episodes that were recently rerun on TV are showing up in my Lineup and Keep Watching, even if I'm actually…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove slide out guide

The guide that slides out from the left when watching on a PC is intrusive and unnecessary in my opinion. Every time my mouse hits the left edge of the screen the guide slides out. This really becomes a problem when using two screens as the guide comes out every time you move your mouse from one screen to the other. When you hover over the video window the controls that display include an option to click and open the guide. This seems sufficient to me and I would suggest deleting the slideout feature.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Hulu Live catchup to the Apple ‘TV’ app.

Currently regular Hulu content is available through the built in ‘TV’ app on Apple TV but Hulu Live has additional catch up that does not display though the ‘TV’ app.

Previously it seemed that there was no way for the TV app to know what level of subscription you have but the new Amazon Prime app can communicate which ‘channels’ you subscribe (for example HBO via Amazon Prime) so that the app knows what your particular account has access to.

Is it possible to update Hulu so that that additional catch up is available via the ‘TV’ app on Apple…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No good way to interact with live TV using touch in Windows 10

I'm loving the live TV feature on my Xbox One! Live TV is not currently available in the Windows 10 app although it is on Xbox One (shouldn't they both be the same UWP app?), so you have to use the browser to view live TV, but the web interface is not touch friendly. An example of this when watching TV, to view the guide, you must hover over the left side of the window with the mouse - touching makes the guide appear then immediately disappear.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Grid need to show more info about programs

It would be great if the Guide would optionally display (say, if you click a "+" sign) more info about each program. Every cable TV guide I've used shows lots of metadata, such as plot synopsis, stars, parental rating & rating reasons, etc. So far, I can't find any of that info in the Hulu Live TV Guide.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live TV channel selection on NON-Touch laptop - HELP

When using a NON-Touch Windows 10 laptop, the ability to scroll down past what is on the screen does not work - Win 10 & Google Chrome

fortunately i have a touch laptop also, that i can scroll down with.

DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS VERSION
    Windows 10 Pro, 15063 build 15063,
    Chrome browser Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    on a HP Pavilion DV7

Works with this version
    Windows 10 Home, 15063 build 15063,
    Chrome browser Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    on a HP Convertible x360

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Switch shows

Have a way to switch back and forth between two shows without having to search each time.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. navigation is very confusing

Too many menu's make it clean please. Text is very small to read on menu's to read on AppleTV. Service is great though.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Grid difficult to scroll

On the PC version, it seems like the only way to scroll thru the pop-out Guide on the left is to "flick" it up/down, like you might do on a tablet or phone. You didn't seem to implement any other scrolling capabilities; most notably, there's no scroll bar I can click with my mouse. This seems like a pretty glaring omission on a PC app.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The new live TV guide (browser only) is a good start, but...

I really want a full grid like one can find on any cable box or other streaming services such as Playstation Vue -- with a horizontal row for each station, and vertical columns for viewing times. I'd like to be able to see what's scheduled for several days out. Bonus points for providing the ability to view favorite channels only.

Minor irritation: the program guide seems to available only when viewing a live program. Sometimes I'll fire up the site, not planning to watch anything at the moment, but to check what's on later that day or night.

Finally, please…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Live TV on Mac and PC

Feedback and Knowledge Base