Live TV on Mac and PC

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu.com with Live TV?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please improve Hulu live

please please please improve Hulu live to eliminate problems with buffering. I often can’t watch because of the constant pauses. Very frustrating:(

272 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

85 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. “Buffers” to much. Trying to watch a movie sucks and makes me wanna get rid of the live tv. Don’t wanna keep paying so much for something cr

Fix the live tv “buffering” don’t wanna be paying what I am and it keeps doing this. Very annoying. An y’all should look into let us purchase regional sports stations.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please do not record shows/movies just because they are on "My List".

I add shows/movies to "My List" because I want to watch them sometime in the future. Most of the things I add, however, are in Hulu's on demand library or the on demand library of a premium channel I subscribe to. I don't want Hardcore Henry recording every time it airs on live tv. Please add a "Record series", "Record episode/movie", or simply an "Add to my list" option that doesn't record it if we can ********* demand. The way it is set up now just makes it seem like you are trying to go out of your way to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Buffering bad

First off, you're charging for Beta, I have never heard of any software company charging for Beta. Secondly, streaming services are not new, whats the problem here? The feed buffers, jumps, quality goes up and down. I've had less problems with free sites and Hulu wants $40 for this? You've got some work to do before this will be worth paying anything for.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. vizio

I need to be able to watch live tv on my Vizio TV

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Hulu UI is among the worst I have ever seen. Especially when using Hulu Live. Please fix this.

The Hulu UI is among the worst I have ever seen. Especially when using Hulu Live. Please fix this. Sling has a cleaner UI, and that's plain embarrassing. Your service is great, but if I can't figure out how to USE it... well... why would I stay?

It's the NBA playoffs now, if I go to the NBA tab you show me the Rockets game... it doesn't air until tomorrow while the Warriors/Spurs game is live. Your UI/UX team should be ashamed of themselves

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow customization of channel order / present channels in order of most recently watched

When watching live TV on a television (using a Roku), when you toggle to the channel lineup (by pressing the down button on the Roku remote), the channels appear in alphabetical order. It takes a long time to scroll to the channels at the back of the alphabet. I would like to be able to customize the order so that I can put the channels I watch frequently at the far left of the menu. If I am flipping back and forth between, for example, NBC and TNT, it’s a lot of scrolling. Another idea, as an alternative if allowing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How about a LIVE TV schedule?

I need to see a live TV schedule that shows future shows - not just what is currently on. And I need to be able to set it to record those future live programs. Actually, this seems ESSENTIAL, not just something I'd LIKE to see.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  1 comment  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Report beta issues

Understanding that the live tv service is in beta is there a place to report issues to assist with the beta? I have noticed that recordings will occasionally skip a few seconds of a program. I have tried rewinding and the skip is in the same place so I believe the recording itself is the problem

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hulu live tv doesn’t work improve or dismantle

I pay good money for Hulu tv with no commercials but every single show has ridiculous amount of ads and I can not watch any of the shows due to buffering and then it will cut the audio out and ultimately cut parts out of the show out when my internet is running well over a 100 mps and all my other services such as Netflix and YouTube red work perfectly fine but better believe every single ad will work perfectly fine go figure Hulu values theirs ads playtime more then their owns shows and Hulu’s customers feedback

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PS4 live tv please

Live streaming on PS4

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Your Streaming Quality

The sole reason I subscribed to Hulu Plus was to watch the NBA playoffs and local sports. I cannot adequately describe how frustrating of an experience this has been. I have commercial grade internet speed and did not expect this level of buffering and quality issues. How can you charge for this? How has other streaming services figured this out and Hulu has not? There is input all over this forum with same issues and you have been unable to resolve a known issue? I will be canceling and advising anyone who will listen to go elsewhere for streaming services.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix live tv streaming issues or I'm gone.

Hulu says they have been "working on it" for a very long time now with no results. 30 minute wait on phone and chat. Unacceptable. I have Sling with no issues whatsoever and a better guide. Unfortunately, Hulu has more channels I want, but it's not worth the frustration of horrible live streaming. Since I can't get in contact with Hulu (unless I want to waste 30 minutes of my life) let me know on here or I'm canceling and sticking with Sling. And please don't respond with "working on it".

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How Can Hulu Even Begin To Think They Should Charge For "Beta" Software, Especially as Buggy As This Is? (Follow-Up)

Wow...I signed up for a Sling TV account & installed the channel on my Roku DVP...the difference is Night vs. Day!

Their interface is simple, pleasing to the eye, not all "busy" and jumbled-up, and --most importantly, of course-- it works flawlessly! I have been running their "Sling Blue" package + their "News Extra" and watching MSNBC for over 3 hours now without a single hitch. I would have had dozens upon dozens of re-buffers in that same time period, watching the same content, on Hulu Live TV.

The facts speak for themselves on this one...

Hulu: Go get 10…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pensacola, fl

fix the location so I can watch shows. when I first got Hulu Live I could see different channels but now I cant because it keeps saying not in my location. please fix!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Big Improvement!

I hope that others are having the same experience. The last 3 days I've had very, very minimal issues with Hulu Live. It has been really stable!!!!!.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a way for customers to vote on new channels they would like to see

It would be nice to have a way for users to vote on new channels they would like to see added to the Live TV lineup. If there were a listing of channels not currently in the lineup and users could go in and vote for channels they’d like to see added or request that channels be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Live TV on Mac and PC

Feedback and Knowledge Base