Live TV on Mac and PC

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu.com with Live TV?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. PLEASE add a “guide” to live TV

Please add a “grid” type guide instead of the “feaured” single page selections. It should show future shows and all channels

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Great idea, terrible product

Nothing but continuous interruptions, error upon error in streaming and I have Fiberoptic internet at 60 mbps (averaging 55mbps)... it doesn't matter what we're watching, it always fails but the sports is the worst because they are time-sensitive events and when you're missing half of the games due to interruptions... it isn't worth the price HULU charges. I will try YouTubeTV now...

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buffering

Fix the constant buffering. I have pretty good network speed 150/150 and its hardwired in not connected to the wifi so i know its not that.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Live TV experience should be available to all hulu supported devices.

Devices that do not currently support the Live Tv option should be able to. We watch hulu on our blu-ray player and our smart TV is a Vizio. Neither of which support the Live TV app. Just regular Hulu. I believe that ALL devices that have the hulu app should be able to support the Live TV option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Starting a recorded live show from the beginning while it's still live

If I am recording a live TV show (especially, but not limited to sports), and it is still showing live when I go to start watching it, start it from the beginning for me. It doesn't make any sense to start it live, especially when it's sports. I've had many a sports experience almost spoiled because of its starting live instead of starting from the beginning of the game. But even if it's not a sports show, it would make sense to start a recording from the beginning, and not from the currently-live point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add Hulu Live to Apple TV 2nd and 3rd Gen.

Please Add Hulu Live to older ATV generations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add Hulu Live to Samsung 2015-2016 Smart TV.

Please Add Hulu Live to older Samsung Generations of Smart TV.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hulu needs a better way to determine home location than IP address, since I only have the option of a Dynamic IP Address through my ISP.

I am using Amazon Firestick on my living room tv with the hulu live tv app. I have Comcast Xfinity internet and they only offer Dynamic IP addresses for residential accounts. For 2 months it worked, but now my IP address has changed too many times and it says "You are not at home" and it wont let me watch live tv on my home tv. I am sitting in my living room! I tried Hulu chat support and the conclusion was there is no solution at this time. I have to cancel until Hulu fixes this! This needs to…

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would like to watch more nfl games

I am a new England Patriots fan and I am not able to watch a Patriots game all season because the CBS sports streams other events other than the Patriots games on Sunday. Would like that to be available for next season

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Constant buffering in LA

I experience buffering, when tho I am maxing out the capabilities of the network 150 mps on average. It's not an issue on any other streaming service, just Hulu. Youtube Live is far better, I may go back to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PLEASE fix the buffering issues.

We're gutting it out right now with the buffering issues as we understand the Live TV is a Beta. However, we are paying for a service and the quality is not up to par. Please fix the buffering issue or we will have to go back to Sling TV (not happy abou that idea but it doesn't buffer). The buffering is extremely annoying and with as many complaints about it, one would think it'd be fixed by now. It's not on our end (equipment and network are top notch). We love Hulu, Please fix the buffering!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Live tv on VIZIO smart tv

Can we get live tv on the VIZIO smart tv? There is a Hulu button but no live tv. Sad.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manully enter address for local channels

I was given a static ip address for my local channels, it worked awesome for day then it stopped working. I contacted my isp company and they are just as confused as I am. I think its very unstable to have local channels decided off an ip address, it would be more beneficial for the user to just enter their address and then hulu decides the local channels that way!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The guide on the left side should refresh automatically when new shows start

E.g., 12:00's listings are up for 30 minutes, until 12:30, when they automatically refresh to 12:30's listings.

Currently, you have to refresh and/or exit the Live TV player and enter it again to get the listings to update.

Also, just reiterating the need for a listings grid. It's a little frustrating to have to pull up TV Guide all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Beta testing for live TV should be free and not just a trial. The streaming picture is not clear and pauses frequently. I

Please beta test live TV for free. The streams nag and buffering is poor as compared to SLING. I would like to fully switch, but I may stick with SLING until this is corrected

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live TV Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Picture-in-Picture Glitches - Samsung Smart TV

While streaming TV episodes, there will be an occasional and random PIP appearing in the upper left corner of the screen. The remote is not in use nor have I used this setting to confuse things. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Constant and frequent interruptions and freezes. I have 300mbps connection, so it's n

Constant interruptions and freezes both with live TV and streaming. I have a 300mbps connection, so it's not speed. I do not have this issue with Netflix streaming - I only experience with your product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Live TV on Mac and PC

Feedback and Knowledge Base