Live TV on Mac and PC

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu.com with Live TV?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Get better streaming

The live streaming is terrible. My screen constantly freezes, speeds up, and ruins any sports I watch. Please fix this or I will be forced to go to sling.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove censorship from TV shows and movies

Remove censorship from TV shows and movies please

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. keyboard shortcuts

I need the ability to hit spacebar or left mouse click to pause a video. Also need to have volume control via arrow 'up/down'. 'Regular' hulu videos allow this. As do the majority of internet streaming platforms.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restart button for ALL apps

There is a "restart episode from the beginning" option in other versions of the app on an older smart tv I have, but on my new Samsung Smart tv, the rewind function doesn't always work. Please make a restart episode for ALL APPS

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Live TV in Hulu app on Tivo

Please enable live TV viewing in the Hulu app on TiVO. Being able to watch NBC Sports Bay Area live on TiVO is the only reason that I signed up for Hulu. It's not accessible from there so....

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the ability to record new episodes, all airings or just add to my shows without recording

On the Apple TV, iPhone and iPad I can set up the Hulu interface to either record all airings, new episodes or even not record anything but add it to my shows. This is not an option on the browser yet

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I really don’t like the ad experience

Hello,
    I’m truly irritated with the ad experience. I’m always seeing parmacetical advertisements. Tried to change on ad preference setting, but still the same ads.

Please fix this before I’m canceling my subscription.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. windows 10

We need a updated windows 10 app! Every other video streaming service has an app that continues to be updated on windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please put the DVR link on the home page.

Why is it so difficult to get to the DVR page?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HBO Support for Hulu Browser

I would like to watch HBO Premium on my Hulu browser rather than via an application. Why is this still not available?!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 32 trackers when viewing on PC???

Since there seems to be no way to email support, I've had some "problem" messages pop up when viewing shows on my Win10 PC - telling me to turn off AdBlocker. Well, I don't use that in Chrome, but I do use the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension. So I checked it while a show was running, and were 32 tracker networks hooked in. Is that really necessary for your profit model? (How does Netflix do it?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The UI

When watching live tv on a PC or any other device you guys should add a LIVE button by pause, rewind, and fast forward. This would make it a lot easier that it currently is on PC where you pretty much have to click and drag the button to the live spot after pausing your program.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Revert Live account to No Commercials when away from home

Since streaming rights are an issue with Hulu LIve when away from home when used with Fire/Apple TV devices (though that makes little sense to me considering they are just computers), there needs to be an option to revert to the No Commercials plan when away from home. I travel often and take my Fire TV with me. I also work/live with a family who has vacation homes. I sign into my Hulu account when living at those homes but now that I've decided to pay more for Hulu Live, I'm not able to use the service unless I'm at…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You took away airplay monitoring compatibility and now the app is useless to me. I canceled my account today as a result. Bring back airplay

My Internet connection is unlimited streaming on my ipad and airplay monitoring to my apple tv. If I play over apple tv directly I'm limited to 10GB per month. Your service is useless to me without airplay compatibility. I canceled my account today after 5 years, which is really heartbreaking.

The new app is super glitchy, locks up, and plays black screen audio only all the time. Programming is great, but your software is terrible. Ironically, before this "upgrade" you had one of the best, most flawless software suites of all.

Heartbroken, guys. Seriously, you need to get a different…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bandwidth options for beta browser and set top boxes

Please bring video quality setting to the beta web browser and the Apple TV, Lot of people have data caps at home these days so it would be nice to have options to lower quality when needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't darken the screen when the volume changes.

When I change volume it darkens the screen for several seconds. HEY, I'm watching something, don't make it less visible. Maybe I could pause and then change volume, but then I'd have to guess about the proper volume setting.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need confirmation that the account I just tried to cancel is indeed canceled. Service, content and every other aspect of Hulu is worth no

My new idea is that you improve your service and content, for now is is worth nothing. You cannot even process a cancellation of service with any hint of competence.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Live TV on Mac and PC

Feedback and Knowledge Base