Live TV on Mac and PC

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve Hulu.com with Live TV?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Needs multiple locations. My vacation home requires second HULU live account??!!!

HULU live tv does not travel with me. Location tracked by IP address is foolish. the whole purpose of streaming tv is portability. regular HULU, netflix, HBO all allow viewing from different IP addresses

I have a second home, and would like to use my live tv service there, as I do the other services, but in order to do this I need a second email address, AND a separate account AND second full service price.

I am already buying the service and CAN NOT and watch from multiple locations at the same time, so why do I have to…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The UI

When watching live tv on a PC or any other device you guys should add a LIVE button by pause, rewind, and fast forward. This would make it a lot easier that it currently is on PC where you pretty much have to click and drag the button to the live spot after pausing your program.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Watching TV through Windows 10 PC and/or recording on TiVO

I subscribed to Live TV today in order to be able to watch it on my Home Theater PC (Windows 10) and/or to be able to record basic TV channels on TiVO. Neither of these two basic use-cases are supported which is why I will be cancelling my account immediately. Watching TV through a browser is substandard to my current experience. There's no integration with TiVO recording functionality which is also disappointing

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Cloud DVR Instructions Clearer

Maybe it was just me, but I spent about 30-45 minutes with a chat agent trying to figure out how the Cloud DVR recorded upcoming episodes. That was after about 1 or 2 hours trying to figure it out myself. I probably missed it, but a simple explanation stating that adding shows to "My Stuff" automatically cues the Cloud DVR to record would have been totally appreciated!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Nvidia Shield Support

Nvidia shield is the most powerful streaming device, but received no support.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Revert Live account to No Commercials when away from home

Since streaming rights are an issue with Hulu LIve when away from home when used with Fire/Apple TV devices (though that makes little sense to me considering they are just computers), there needs to be an option to revert to the No Commercials plan when away from home. I travel often and take my Fire TV with me. I also work/live with a family who has vacation homes. I sign into my Hulu account when living at those homes but now that I've decided to pay more for Hulu Live, I'm not able to use the service unless I'm at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bandwidth options for beta browser and set top boxes

Please bring video quality setting to the beta web browser and the Apple TV, Lot of people have data caps at home these days so it would be nice to have options to lower quality when needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You took away airplay monitoring compatibility and now the app is useless to me. I canceled my account today as a result. Bring back airplay

My Internet connection is unlimited streaming on my ipad and airplay monitoring to my apple tv. If I play over apple tv directly I'm limited to 10GB per month. Your service is useless to me without airplay compatibility. I canceled my account today after 5 years, which is really heartbreaking.

The new app is super glitchy, locks up, and plays black screen audio only all the time. Programming is great, but your software is terrible. Ironically, before this "upgrade" you had one of the best, most flawless software suites of all.

Heartbroken, guys. Seriously, you need to get a different…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't darken the screen when the volume changes.

When I change volume it darkens the screen for several seconds. HEY, I'm watching something, don't make it less visible. Maybe I could pause and then change volume, but then I'd have to guess about the proper volume setting.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When watching a recording on DVR , I want too easily fast forward the commercial section , especially if I pay and get it for on demand cont

When watching a recording on DVR , I want too easily fast forward the commercial section , especially if I pay and get it for on demand cont

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Roku Pause should be unlimited in time

On Roku, the Pause of live TV is temporary, only last about 5 minutes. But on Fire TV, the pause of live TV is unlimited. Please make the pause of Live TV on your Roku app unlimited. I don't like hitting pause and the show starting again too soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Buffering issue help please

I login Hulu Beta Live thru a web browser on my PC which is hooked to my TV. My computer runs Windows 10, i5 (3.9 ghz) processor, 8 gb ram, updated Windows Media Player, my internet speed is 70 download and 5 upload. Ethernet connect, not WiFi. Tried every setting. Computer still buffers. Any solutions?

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  25 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to watch your local TV channels from your laptop

It would be really nice if I could be able to watch my cities local stations while I am not at home and have my laptop with me elsewhere. This would be a really awesome feature. They could maybe set the local stations you get on your laptop to the billing zip code? Just a thought

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need confirmation that the account I just tried to cancel is indeed canceled. Service, content and every other aspect of Hulu is worth no

My new idea is that you improve your service and content, for now is is worth nothing. You cannot even process a cancellation of service with any hint of competence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forward and back

When im rewinding or fast forwarding i can’t see where I need to stop. Need to have it where we can physically see something to kind of gauge where we need to stop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This needs to be better

Hangs often. Jumps around. Degrades randomly. Just not worth the money. Really wish it was better, but it isn't. It's nearly unwatchable.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Picture in Picture or previous channel button.

It would be nice to be able to switch between two channels while watching live TV. Either a picture in picture where you can switch between the two or a previous channel button.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  1 comment  ·  Watching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Live TV on Mac and PC

Feedback and Knowledge Base