new.hulu.com

Have suggestions for how we can improve Hulu? Share them here, or vote for the ideas you like best. The goal of our UserVoice community is to collect specific viewer suggestions for our product management team to consider in the future. With that in mind, please take note of the following guidelines:

• KEEP IT CLEAN: Please help us keep the integrity of our community. Posts with profanity, threats, and other disrespectful behavior will be deleted. Same goes for posts with any personally identifiable information, such as email address or phone number.
  • KEEP IT ORIGINAL: Before posting, please check the forum to see if someone else has already submitted a similar idea. If so, show them some support! Suggestions without unique ideas will be merged into an existing one.
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE: Due to the nature of UserVoice’s analytics tool, it’s important that the suggestions we get contain only one idea per post. Posts with multiple ideas will be merged into the suggestion most similar.

Please Note: Your default user name will be the name associated with your Hulu account. You can always change your user name in your UserVoice settings.

How can we improve new.hulu.com?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve browsing!!

The browsing capability on this new website is very lacking. I can no longer browse Tv shows by genre, If I browse by Genre I get movies without the ability to filter them out. The Tv shows that are provided to me are of genres I don't like and never watch. I thought Hulu was suppose to have this algorithm that learns what you like to watch?? It seems to be broken.
    Can no longer see what's been recently added. All in all the browsing really sucks, and unless I know for sure what I am looking for, it is…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Space bar pause/Arrow key ff & rw/ minutes remaining counter/List of other episodes on play screen/etc

While I understand the need to update software to keep the service up-to-date, the new version of Hulu got rid of many elements that made the player easy to use and convenient for long watching.

*Space bar to pause/unpause
    *Arrow key short ff/rw
    *Minutes remaining counter
    *Other episodes from the show listed on the play screen
    *Jump to next episode button
    *Episodes remaining counter on front page

Please put these elements back in. Watching shows on hulu is so much of a pain now. These page elements are standard with other video streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, & Youtube. Even…

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  8 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Back "recently added" page

Bring Back the the ability to search by "recently added" aka what was on last night!!!!!!! This feature was used every day I visited. And was the fasts way to get to whats new I wanted to watch especially when it was new and not on my list already.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "My Stuff" Annoyance

Hi there. It is frustrating to have to click into a show's icon before I can add to the new "my stuff" feature. I should be able to add to my favorites from the main screen.

Which also I find is far less user friendly than your previous platform, as mentioned here a bunch.

Either way, you deleted all of my favorites with this switch, and are now making it a pain to reclaim them. Thanks,

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working On It  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix firefox issues

fix the 404 loop currently being seen by Firefox users. 2 days now I cannot view hulu because I'm stuck in this loop. Customer service solution "Get a different browser"

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done  ·  2 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GIVE ME BACK MY OLD HULU

It took me 15 minutes to even find this forum. Half of the shows I want to play won't play. But even if they worked, the interface, though prettier, is not as functional. It is often hard to find how to add a show to "my stuff" so I end up using "keep watching". Because the stuff I'm watching isn't tagged in my stuff.
    How do I divert back to old interface. It was easier to use and more functional.
    And how deep do you have to go to actually find help.
    There is no way to submit bugs, just…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Navigating Episodes

just out of curiosity am i the only person having problems selecting which episodes i want to watch with the new hulu? this new Hulu does not give me the ability to go back to previous episodes i have watched or even the ability to see how many episodes in a season a show has. please fix it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I cannot leave new.hulu.com interface mode.. changing url to hulu.com just forwards back to new.hulu.com

I cannot leave new.hulu.com interface mode.. changing url to hulu.com just forwards back to new.hulu.com.. maybe some method to leave the new interface mode. it is too bright for me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I absolutely HATE the new Hulu..the navigation system is the worst EVER.

Please change or fix the navigation system. It's amazingly frustrating. I liked it better when you could SEE the lists of TV shows and you didn't have to do one individual show at a time. I liked when there was more variety in what I was choosing from. The old way was A MILLION TIMES BETTER. This new way makes me want to watch Netflix more.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Early access

As a live tv subscriber I have early access to the new.hulu.com. How do I opt out of this and use the old website?

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. bring back "not interested" to "new hulu"

..one thing missing from "new hulu" is the ability to hover over a new arrival, suggested titles, etc and click "not interested" and they be removed from the main page. this would be very helpful for "for you" suggestion, when they are never right anyways..this would ironically help the "for you" suggestions by letting hulu know, ooops he doesn't like our new items, etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. put back facebook comments

put back the comments. i hate this new pop up screen. loved reading comments to see community and talk about the shows

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Right Now  ·  1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't take me back to the top of the list

I wanted to see everything offered in each category. I started with Comedy and went down to A-Z and clicked View All. I soon discovered that when I clicked the arrow on a show, added it to My Stuff, and then clicked the Back arrow to go back to the list of everything, it started me back up at the top. I had to start at the top and scroll all the way back down every time I added something to My Stuff, which is really annoying by the time you get to the E's. Clicking the back arrow after…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dark Theme

I have blue light sensitivity and this white theme is just too much. Netflix and Amazon prime have dark themes why doesn't hulu?

I usually watch hulu on my PC and I have not see the option or have any idea if other devices have a dark theme.

A dark theme would be a simple change or addition.

I will be limiting my use of hulu until a dark theme is added or until I cancel my sub from lack of use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Viacom channels such as MTV, Nickelodeon, etc

VIACOM should allow Hulu to stream their channels! Please!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Standard Grid Guide

Please bring back the standard grid guide that we are all comfortable and used to.
    Having a preview of each show makes looking for a show difficult with young kids in the house because they see the show previews for all shows, even the ones they shouldn't see. How else can I search through live or scheduled tv? I can't with your style of guide. I am may need to cancel... But I like your service the best!

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please stop trying to re-inventing the wheel

My idea is for you to take a clue from other streaming services, even your own, and go back to a more intuitive and accepted browsing format. The thin line above the selection is just... not working for anyone I know. Please shrink the image that represents the show... why are you the only service using giant images? It wastes space, takes more time to scroll, and turns me off.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse & Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mark as watched

When adding a series or if an episode was watched live, there is no way to mark an episode as "watched". This seems pretty straight forward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No help or settings option. I especially want the ability to NOT proceed to the next show when done watching. I've lost track of how many

Create a Help Screen and Options.

I don't even have the ability to stop playback after current episode. So, I fall asleep watching an episode, and in the morning, i've "watched" a whole series. And this interface is really hard to navigate to previous episodes, or even look back and see what I've "watched." Bad UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base